Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > In the News!

Old February 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM   #1
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

Unhappy Funeral Homes Gone Bad

Have you ever had a bad experience with a Funeral/Crematory?

This news clip hit me hard when I seen it.
Alpha is the place I had my mom (zanyldy) cremated at 4 years ago.
It sickens me to think what they may have done to my moms' remains.
She weighed close to 500 pounds at death. Would have taken 2 or 3 men to carry her body. Sickens me to think that she may have been one of their victims.. It is a heartless act on mankind. To think we entrust directors with our loved ones for this. I am not saying all funeral homes are like this.. I just Pray there are no more like this!

And the sad thing about this is the state says they have not done anything illegal.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wantstokno...7491212.column
Old February 18th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

That is plainly wrong. The dead should be respected as well as those who served in the military. Keep us posted on this. Hugs
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #3
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

I agree with you 100% Wolfie..

Someone on facebook, posted a comment on the news post about this saying who cares they are dead.. Do What?? It would seem to me that they have not had a loved one pass on before.. Either that or he is a heartless human being!
Old February 19th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Or just not human! LOL Hugs
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:06 AM   #5
IRISH_EYES_99

It's disgraceful that that can happen today. Even in death a human being deserves respect. Their families need to know that their loved one was cared properly for. As for me I will be cremated & my family will scatter my ashes in their travels. They already know. Have agreed to abide by my wishes. It's important to relay your wishes before hand. ...

((((((((( DACD ))))))))))) The person that made that remark may have been thinking the person's soul was already in Heaven. Who knows. Sometimes people say things without thinking of how the words will affect another. (((((((( Wolf_Angel))))))))) just because.
Old March 5th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

((((( Dacd ))))) (((( IRISH )))) I agree with you IRISH. I want to be cremated and thus have my ashes placed among my favorite places. Some people are so clueless that knowing their deceased loved one is somewhere they can go and chat or whatever. Thus that poster on So what they are dead has never had to see a loved one pass away. Hugs to all.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #7
justjanenh

Angry so sorry about that funeral home

Most funeral homes would never do that! Again, I am so so sorry....

My problem is my parents cemetary, no one is taking care of it and they are almost a 1000 away from me. I keep telling myself, that they don't care, they are with each other... and its just their vessels there.... it does provide some comfort.

However, I hope the ppl who have taken our money, receive a big pay back

J
justjanenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #8
rjsfeminist

That is horrible, Daccie. Rant alert! And maybe, like Irish said, that jerk figured that if the person's soul is in heaven...but yeah, he or she should've had some inkling how such a calouse (sp?) remark might come across. If a funeral home had done that to any of my loved ones when they passed away, I'd be furious. You have to figure that even if you don't know the deceased, that person was someone's parent, child, brother, sister, spouse...that person was someone important to his or her family. Grrrrrr! End of rant.

Weird thing is that when my husband died, from the time his body was moved from the hospital until he ended up at the funeral home before the cremation, his body somehow mysteriously gained about 100 pounds, giving his body a very bloated look. Yes, he'd been overweight, and I might've overlooked 10 pounds or so, but 100...Even his sister, who saw him less than a week before he died, commented on how bloated he looked. Did the funeral home do it? The hospital? Who knows...Okay, REAL rant end! lol

Anyway, what happened at that funeral home is beyond wrong...
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #9
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

It almost sounds like your husband ahd umm how do I say left out? Not put in the cooler like they should.. That prevents bloating and skin popping (I don't know what they call it) It's sad, but some do things very oddly to people who will be creamated.