Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Getting to know you!

Old January 12th, 2001, 07:57 PM   #1
QuietWOW
WOW Host

What things are really *not* you? I wonder how much we'll disagree? <G>
QuietWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2001, 07:23 PM   #2
MagnusPI

Being sick is one of my least favorite things. As well as loud nosey people!
Old February 25th, 2001, 09:24 PM   #3
DrHilieWho

Being overweight is one of my least favorite things....I'm not too fond of thongs either but that's a whole other story.
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:21 AM   #4
Tammy

A) Students that come to class sick
B) Teachers that come to class sick
C) Students AND Teachers that bring their sick kids to class

::cough::
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2001, 09:42 AM   #5
DrHilieWho

((((Tammy&MagnusPI))))

*leaving puffs with aloe for my sick roomies*
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:35 PM   #6
Terri

Unhappy

Veterinarian bills
Old February 27th, 2001, 12:24 PM   #7
DLC55
You owe me for this!

Finding out that itty bitty dough blade for my bread maker costs more than a new bread maker would cost! Reckon I'll go buy a new one instead
DLC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2001, 02:55 PM   #8
frozen5

You want my bread machine? I never use it anymore! lol I make my bread by hand, tastes better to me.

I hate broken down cars, bad credit, colds, and kids home for spring break when the weather is to cold to go outside.
frozen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2001, 10:38 AM   #9
LiamFan!

DLC, I would just write to the company and tell them you need a new blade. Sometimes they'll send you one.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 08:17 AM   #10
DLC55
You owe me for this!

lol Liam, I would, but the company doesn't exist for small appliances anymore. They sold that part off and the new company only SELLS the parts. I whined, but it was in vain

frozen, I used to make mine by hand. Timewise now, I use the breadmaker. Thanks anyway!
Old March 25th, 2001, 06:36 PM   #11
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

Okay -- time to admit just what a geek I really am.

What ticks me off?

Running out of room on my hard drive to the point that I can't send e-mail because there isn't even enough free disk space to write to the "Sent" folder...

Hubby's snoring...

Kitty piffles (ROFL)

Being asked to dance by someone with really bad B.O.

Always losing at least ONE sock in the da** (er, darn) dryer...

Never being able to find a pair of clean underwear under all the junk on my dresser...

Combing the tangles out of my hair and having to pull so hard the comb falls from my hand and into the toilet... (ROFL)

Hmmm... I think I have already incriminated myself and given you all enough to slam me in chat, I will stop there.

***edited by sysop to maintain G-rating of boards***
WA114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2001, 09:43 PM   #12
DLC55
You owe me for this!

I think the worst thing is to drop the phone in the toilet. Don't ask, just don't ask...
Old March 26th, 2001, 01:03 AM   #13
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

That's like putting a big red button in front of me and saying, WA, don't push it.

I'm askin' (ROFL!)
WA114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2001, 12:17 PM   #14
kathe nichols

Flaky landlords. Driving me nuts, especially when things are going wrong with the house right now!

Termites. Above ground. The mere *thought* of taking my kids to a hotel for a week while they tent the house...

Corroded wiring (because they didn't fix the leaky roof soone enough, I'd bet). Resulting in a nasty frying noise, and much fuss trying to find which circuit it was so there wouldn't be a fire!

Non-working computer (at least the internet part) even IF the outlet it was plugged into hadn't fried.

H*ll of a weekend.
Old March 26th, 2001, 12:58 PM   #15
LiamFan!

Crappy Presidents

From the Opinion Pages of the NYTimes:
March 26, 2001

IN AMERICA

The Mask Comes Off

By BOB HERBERT

Is this what the electorate wanted?

Did Americans really want a president who would smile in the faces of poor children even as he was scheming to cut their benefits? Did they want a man who would fight like crazy for enormous tax cuts for the wealthy while cutting funds for programs to help abused and neglected kids?

Is that who George W. Bush turned out to be?

An article by The Times's Robert Pear disclosed last week that President Bush will propose cuts in the already modest funding for child- care assistance for low-income families. And he will propose cuts in funding for programs designed to investigate and combat child abuse. And he wants cuts in an important new program to train pediatricians and other doctors at children's hospitals across the U.S.

The cuts are indefensible, unconscionable. If implemented, they will hurt many children.

The president also plans to cut off all of the money provided by Congress for an "early learning" trust fund, which is an effort to improve the quality of child care and education for children under 5.

What's going on?

That snickering you hear is the sound of Mr. Bush recalling the great fun he had playing his little joke on the public during the presidential campaign. He presented himself as a different kind of Republican, a friend to the downtrodden, especially children. He hijacked the copyrighted slogan of the liberal Children's Defense Fund, and then repeated the slogan like a mantra, telling anyone who would listen that his administration would "leave no child behind."

Mr. Bush has only been president two months and already he's leaving the children behind.

There are many important reasons to try to expand the accessibility of child care. One is that stable child care for low-income families has become a cornerstone of successful efforts to move people from welfare to work.

Members of Congress had that in mind when they allocated $2 billion last year for the Child Care and Development Block Grant. That was an increase of $817 million, enabling states to provide day care to 241,000 additional children.

Now comes Mr. Bush with a proposal to cut the program by $200 million.

Is that his idea of compassion?

The simple truth is that the oversized tax cuts and Mr. Bush's devotion to the ideologues and the well- heeled special interests that backed his campaign are playing havoc with the real-world interests not just of children, but of most ordinary Americans.

Mr. Bush is presiding over a right- wing juggernaut that has already reneged on his campaign pledge to regulate carbon dioxide emissions (an important step in the fight against global warming); that has repealed a set of workplace safety rules that were designed to protect tens of millions of Americans but were opposed as too onerous by business groups; that has withdrawn new regulations requiring a substantial reduction in the permissible levels of arsenic, a known carcinogen, in drinking water; and that has (to the loud cheers of the most conservative elements in the G.O.P.) ended the American Bar Association's half- century-old advisory role in the selection of federal judges, thus making it easier to appoint judges with extreme right-wing sensibilities.

The administration of George W. Bush, in the words of the delighted Edwin J. Feulner, president of the conservative Heritage Foundation, is "more Reaganite than the Reagan administration."

Grover Norquist, a leading conservative strategist, said quite frankly, "There isn't an us and them with this administration. They is us. We is them."

Mr. Bush misled the public during his campaign. He eagerly donned the costume of the compassionate conservative and deliberately gave the impression that if elected he would lead a moderate administration that would govern, as much as possible, in a bipartisan manner.

Last October, in the second presidential debate, Mr. Bush declared, "I'm really strongly committed to clean water and clean air and cleaning up the new kinds of challenges, like global warming."

And he said, as usual, "No child should be left behind in America."

He said all the right things. He just didn't mean them.