I'd come over if I knew when everyone would show up!! SUSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:06 AM   #1547
susieB

So would I - anyone else interested?
susieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:08 AM   #1548
MoonWOW
WOW Host

Hey what about this? As the editor of the newsletter The Weaver, I could send out a special edition announcing either a time for a reunion chat OR lead newsletter readers to this folder for a discussion about a good time for a get together.

If you are not signed up to receive The Weaver, simply click the *NEWSLETTER* button at the bottom of any page on the boards and fill in your email address.

What do you think?
MoonWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:53 AM   #1549
cookieart
You've got a friend !

MOON

Excellent Idea MoonWOW but does everyone get the newsletter? For some reason I don't get them anymore,they stopped coming to my mail?
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:24 PM   #1550
MoonWOW
WOW Host

Well, it could be that perhaps MoonWOW, the editor, is a bit of a slacker. OR it could mean you changed your email addy or something since you signed up originally. Click on the "Newsletter" button at the bottom of this page and sign up again.

The last issue was sent out ....EEK....was it January 2004?
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:43 PM   #1551
brede
my new motorcycle

I'd like to try to join ya'll in chat, too. Daytimes are best for me, but I might be able to manage night time. I'll be messed up from all my meds at night, but that may be fun (for others!).
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:23 PM   #1552
susieB

{{{Moon}}} Fabulous idea - I am going to sign up for the newsletter right now!

{{brede}} I feel like I already know you a little through your posts here, but I would love to chat with you in real time!

{{cookie}} any chance to see my pal!
susieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2004, 06:05 PM   #1553
cookieart
You've got a friend !

Newsletter

((((susie bunsie))))) Hey Brede and Moonie. Why don't many women respond to this? Surely they are reading our messages but have no interest in chatting one night? For old times sake? I know I miss so many old friends,too. Wake up girls,respond and say let's meet again!!!
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:28 PM   #1554
Tiffin
Mistress of HandCrafted

Hey Cookieart and SusieB and Other friends! Well as an old timer for chatting I WOULD RATHER SEE A SCHEDULED CHAT EACH WEEK than a one time "hi - I havent seen you in ages" chat. As MoonWOW even admitted she has NOT sent out a Weaver since January and Tapestry gets a new article about every few months there too.(Maybe this is a clue to why there seems to be a change at WOW a lack of caring about a Job that a person does)..I go chats every week and seen the folks drop to now the Host, Helperbot and one/two chatters if lucky.

I love WOW but unless someone decides to turn this slow death of WOW around its not even worth the effort to come to the boards to read a handful of messages asking about a "one time get together for a chat" Lets get WOW back to where it was a Year Ago! Attend the scheduled chats; Ask for More scheduled chats; Get those WOWS even into the chat rooms (how can you believe in WOW if you can't even show up to chat and support the Hard Working Hosts)... 4 hosts doing a scheduled chats isnt much of show of what this organization is capable of.

Then again maybe the powers that be would rather just Let WOW Chat Rooms DIE so they only have a website with a hanful of folks posting; lot easier to control. Just let the two (who I call the ?watchdogs?) out and they scare off folks who at one time posted but been snapped at by the watchdogs or read others being snapped that they read but don?t post anymore.

My opinion is just that an opinion?but I hope this shakes up WOW folks.
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:43 PM   #1555
Melynn
Queen Goddess

Most of the original folks who built WOW and Tapestry are still here. Many others, like you, needed time off to take care of themselves or their children and went on leave or retired.

The old timers continue to try and take care of themselves, their health issues, their children, their parents, etc. while hosting chats, gathering and editing content for Tapestry and The Weaver AND responding to bad-tempered posts on the message boards.

If you are only seeing a handful of posts on these boards since your last grumpy and bashing post, then you aren't subscribed to all the discussions.

We're tired Tiffin, just like you were, only we refuse to take a leave or retire as you did. We do what we can do. Amusing that the first to cast stones are always those who quit and leave WOW in the lurch because they need more time for themselves.

Tiffin, you never post other than to bash WOW and its members. If WOW hasn't lived up to your expectations, you can hold me personally responsible and bash me all you like. However, those who give their time as volunteers and those who visit us as guests, are hardworking and faithful to a fault and do not deserve your wrath!
Melynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:03 PM   #1556
cookieart
You've got a friend !

Meeting

Okay girls,let's all just meet one night.How does Sunday night sound?? Susie? Tif?? Any Wows? Let's try to rebuild getting together again. NOW HERE THIS;PLEASE TELL US WHEN IS GOOD FOR EVERYONE TO MEET FOR OLD TIMES SAKE!!! Crazymom? Brede? Sky? Dac? Irish? Anyone??? Moon? Dance? Arista? Tops? MIntyyyyy???????? Let's here from you all!!!!! We all miss each other!!
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:19 PM   #1557
MoonWOW
WOW Host

Thank you (((Melynn))). Isn't it funny how when people begin posting about getting things going again, someone posts completely negative comments? Interesting.

Oh well. Please don't let these type of posts rain on anyone's parade. When someone comes up with a suggested chat get together time, I will send out a notice in The Weaver.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:02 PM   #1558
frozen5

IT's easier for me to try to plan around a pre designated time than to suggest a time and hope I can be there. Just let me know when and I'll do what I can to be there!
frozen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:56 PM   #1559
DLC55
You owe me for this!

In the past several years many hosts have left due to various reason. Some left due to life's circunstances, some left becasue others left, some left happy, some left mad. Then you have those of us who are still here but not very visable due to life's challenges.

I know of one host who had a baby, one who finished grad school, one who started a new business, two who started new jobs, one who has been traveling and one who moved 200 miles, bought a house, started school and a new job. So, life interferes? I'm so sorry. When life's turns force a person to make a decision that they take care of themselves, then no one has a right to criticize that decision! We may not be around to chat, but we're here, working on our own live's and taking care of ourselves so we don't end up hating something we love.

This is a complaint that comes to life every few years and personally it's lost it's glitter.

It seems to me that WOW has tried everything in it's power to make everyone happy. We moved from Dark Myst when many complained about the server, then they went back to Dark Myst when they weren't happy with this one (imagine that!) We've tried removing folks when you complained then got angry when we tried to make the rooms safe and comfortable for everyone. We tried hosted chats when you requested them then we get bashed because the hosted chats weren't what you wanted. It goes on and on.

You know what's funny? Ironic actually. Several hosts are ready to return to hosting, but I'll be damned if I'll return to a room full of folks who want to continually bash those of us who had the strength to remain with WOW during all the moves, adversity, changes and our own life's events. Those of us who host do so because we love it. We enjoy the commraderie we share with all of you.

WOW hasn't died, it's taking care of those of us who want to keep it alive. It's letting us take care of ourselves so we have more to offer those of you who had the courage and loyalty to stay with us during all the changes we've encountered during the years.
DLC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1560
cookieart
You've got a friend !

Let's meet

Glad to see we got some responses. (((frozen muah!!)) Dlc,let's leave it up to you to decide when we can all meet then?? It dosen't have to a certain time but why not suggest what night everyone can meet then? Anyone? Frozen is Sunday night good for you or what? Let's not all get into drama,instead,let's all meet for old times sake.The point is that we all get along and try to get connected again for old times sake.I'm game,so let's focus on a night,ok??