Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Pets

Old March 20th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #46
Savannah
Student of the Earth

LOL @ clutter, i can just about picture it
Old March 21st, 2004, 02:26 PM   #47
kathe nichols

Clutter is right! I have one (of four) sprawled half over my keyboard right now!!

Even in a fairly large house, they seem to like to block the travel paths and doorways.
Old March 21st, 2004, 04:05 PM   #48
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

LOL I can relate!!I have 3 cats in our house. One is mine. I have a queen size bed and forthe most part sleep alone. why is it that this cat of mine (who weights over 25 lbs) has to sleep right in the bend of my knee?!! I mean it's a big bed!! One side is totally empty! But, I love him and woldn't trade him.
Old March 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM   #49
kathe nichols

Heh. We close ours out at night, because otherwise the two girls fight over who gets to sleep between us (the other one will sleep on my pillow, which is a toss-up for annoying).

This leads to a certain amount of fuss in the mornings, especially if they hear us moving around for any length of time before coming out to feed them. The door stops are attached to the door, so the kitten can reach under the door and twang them - everybody else just meows a lot.
Old March 21st, 2004, 06:47 PM   #50
brede
my new motorcycle

My cat loves to twang the door stops! When we moved into our new house, she went around to every door and tried to find them. This house doesn't have any, so we are going to install them.

Sara kitty can't abide closed doors of any kind. We leave our bedroom door open or else she will pick at it with her claws. Very annoying. Every morning we have to close all the cupboard doors since she has to open them while we are asleep.

She has stopped looking for Emma and is starting to enjoy being the only pet. She always wants attention: good, bad or indifferent. It doesn't matter to her!
Old March 21st, 2004, 11:49 PM   #51
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Tippy , my bed hog sits outside my door and meows loudly. If that doesn't work he scratches the door. So, unless I am not alone, I just leave the door open abit and he is free to come or go. I did fall asleep one night with him in the room and the door shut. He very rudly smacked me in the head to let me know he wanted out!
Old March 22nd, 2004, 03:40 PM   #52
brede
my new motorcycle

Sara is the same way. If she gets shut into a room, she will do whatever she has to so she can get out.

Her most annoying habit happens around 3am. She will move up from the foot of the bed and sit right next to my face, purring. If I am on my back, she thinks I'm awake and starts patting my eyes with her paw and sniffing my nose. Arrghhh!
Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:39 PM   #53
Cinderellen

My cat does that at 5 am. If he'd just wait til 6:30 he could be my alarm clock, lol.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:54 PM   #54
Tammy

My youngest kitty, Sam, was less than a week old when he came barreling into my life, so he required bottle feedings and help going potty and all that special stuff wee-est ones need.

One thing I used to do for him a few times a day was to take a warm washcloth and wash his face for him. Apparently when I was doing that, I was also teaching him that I'm responsible for his baths.

He's almost 2 years old now and every single morning he climbs in bed with me and starts licking my hand then rubs his head and face against it, to get his morning <I>bath</I>.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 11:08 PM   #55
Cinderellen

Hmmm.. A living breathing washcloth?
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:29 AM   #56
julesingresham

(((Roomies)))I can totally relate to your cat stories as my husband and I also are cat owners. I have one who loves to hog my pillow and another one who is very smart. Even though he is three legged he can still open the screen door if it is not latched all of the way. jules
julesingresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2004, 06:18 PM   #57
rjsfeminist

Cats are such a trip. My cat (E.B. White) has been known to give my dog a hard time; she'll then turn around and get all loving...

She's been known to turn on lights, open doors...not to mention sitting on my back or side, purring, when I'm trying to sleep.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2004, 09:05 PM   #58
brede
my new motorcycle

We inherited a feral cat when we bought our first house. She had an opening into the garage and lived in there most of the year. We would leave food and water for her, and she always greeted us when we came home. She also spoke in sentences.

Her best trick was when it got cold she could open any door in the house. Suddenly the door would open and you'd see a streak running for the hall where she would open our bedroom door and live in the closet until spring.

I hope my dogs don't figure out how to open doors!
Old November 29th, 2004, 01:16 PM   #59
pegasus
, a gr8 peer support

well we have four cats... we started with one, that we rescued from some people that thought their cats living off the land was cool... no shots r nuttin!! we actually lost the first two from that litter we tried to get, but the last one survived and we got her healthy. She was suppossed to get "fixed" but That was when I first hurt my back and things were ruff.. so we put it off ( bad idea). My son thought that Raven needed a companion so we got a 7 week old female calico. She had a diamond on her head so we named her Diamante`. Dia` for short. Well ok so things were still hard financially, but they were both female and we planned to take care of it ASAP. (oops) Then we moved into a small apt set. One day we heard a sad sad crying. We opened the day and in walked the dirtiest male with a face that would turn scrooges heart to butter!! He was sooo cute. We let him eat and set hime back out to go home. He cried and cried. We let him in and tried to find his people. Some neighbors said he had been a stray around there for at least a few years. It looked like we had been adopted. Well it just meant we had to try a little harder and aget it done a lil faster, lol. so we took in the youngest one first... oops, we were too late, and i cant end that. So came Willow, our baby. We are getting the boy, who we named Flecken ( German for patch) fixed in a few weeks... hard to get appts funny enuf!! And its still better than my friends that have ( yes no typo, no joke) 18 cats sheeesh!!
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 06:53 PM   #60
brede
my new motorcycle

Mine is not happy with the two new dog additions to our family. She lives in the master bedroom and bath during the day. When the dogs are in their crates at night asleep, we leave our door open and she has the run of the house. So far it is working!