Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Violence Against Women

Thread Tools
Old June 14th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Posts: n/a

I am currently in an abusive relationship and I am trying to get out. I find that his has been very difficult to do because there are very few resources to help single women without any children. I live in Pennsylvania and I have been online for the last few hours looking for some help. There is some homeless shelters that I can go to, but something in me will not allow me to go this route. I know going to a shelter could save my life but I just cant.
  Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5
You need to inform authorities about this and try and speak to any women forum. Tell your parents about it or your sister someone needs to be involved. Also go back to India if its truly bad. This man does not deserve you by his side if he is abusive. There are ways you just need to be more brave and open about it.
amy4friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #3
A survivor of chaos
Wolf_angel's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Where my heart is
Posts: 3,147
You can get a pfa on that person that is the first step. I know about the shelters myself. Understand where you are there. If you need help contact me via private message and when I can I will respond. Hugs
May you walk in the shadow of the Great Spirit~To help others is a special gift we can either give or take~The more you give the more you receive~
Wolf_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #4
awesome cookie lady
crazymomma's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Leechburgh, PA
Posts: 1,984
Do you have a local ywca? I know the one near me help women get out abusive situations. Wolfie is right. She know about the system in Pa. She will be a prefect person for ya to talk to. Also contacting the athourities is a wonderful idea. Now more people are aware that, saddly, in this coutry it is a major problem and less and less police department have programs in place. It just it not tolorated and no one should live like that. Afriend of mine here in NY is in an abusive relationship and everyone around her sees it. She just doesn't want to or is not ready to admit it. I have tried to let her know that we are all here for her and I know she is breaking her mom's heart by staying with this boy.
Heyya (((((((Wolfie)))))) how are ya doin? miss ya like crazy and miss talking to ya more.
It feels like home to me. Bonnie Rhatt
crazymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #5
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suburb of Philly
Posts: 6
Hi ramikamimi

I am sorry for your situation. I am a certified Domestic Violence counselor and ran a support group for several years. In case of an emergency always call the police.

There are shelters just for women of DV. They can help is many ways. Please call the 800# and speak with someone. They really do care. 1-800-220-8116 (24/7)
MsFlo is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Copyright ?1996-2008, Women Online Worldwide