Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Physical Health

Old August 17th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #271
Helen

hi

Being a very new lesbian, i've been getting my hands on books about lesbianism ( i am an avid reader, so i'm very happy to buy more books lol), I have a lot to learn. I am addicted to Amazon.com and Amazon.ca (was glad when Amazon opened a Canadian version, the exchange rate up till recently was brutal for me, didn't stop me from buying books ROFL). I recently came across the term stone butch? what's the difference between femme and lipstick lesbian? Chapstick lesbian? my girlfriend, who knew early on she was lesbian, hasn't heard these terms either?
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 06:43 PM   #272
MintyFemme2

Hi Helen , welcome! I haven't heard the term "chapstick lesbian". Labels are a form of self identification . Some women choose not to label themselves . In my opinion how you choose to idenitfy or not identify is a personal choice . This being said here is my understanding of the labels LOL. "Stone Butch" ( realtively new label) could be a "butch" woman who thinks she is "beyond butch" possibly questioning her physical gender. "Lipstick Femme" is some one who wear make up all the time, gets her nails done.. etc. "Femme" ( how I choose to identify) doesn't have to wear make up all the time but can wear make up when the mood strikes. The difference between "Lipstick Femme" and "Femme" are minor .. just a matter of how one interpret's one's identity I reckon.
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #273
Helen

hi Minty

ahh thanks for clarifying. I was baffled by those terms as none of the books i bought described what those terms meant, the women in the books did label themselves or their partner by those.

Helen
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #274
MintyFemme2

YW Helen.
Old June 25th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #275
Coco

Introducing myself

There hasn't been much recent activity on this board but I'll give it a try anyway.

I'm 34, living in Chicago, single, childless, working two jobs with animals.
I am wondering if city living is right for me. I'm looking into intentional community living but at this point its just a dream. I'm also investigating native spirituality. I am interested in the arts, specifically film, drawing & ceramics.
I'm trying to find a little community, both in the city and online.
Old June 26th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #276
LiamFan!

I don't understand all the comments about this board having little or no activity. I check it several times a day, and it's rare that there isn't at least one new post, usually several. This discussion board has been around a long time, and there has rarely been a day that someone hasn't posted.

That said, welcome Coco, and I hope you get a satisfactory reply to your post...I don't have any suggestions myself, but know that you will find a supportive listening group here.

Welcome!
Old October 5th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #277
Lila060506

Hello

My name is Lila, I'm a single lesbian crone, currently living in London, UK, only just found this site and have started exploring it.

Thank you for letting me in.

Lila
Lila060506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #278
LiamFan!

Hey Lila!

(hey, that could be a song.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #279
glamgurl

Hi.I'm from California.For the most part, where I live they are very accepting of the LGBT community.I am very fortunate to be surrounded by an accepting area.I hope to make some great new friends!
glamgurl is offline   Reply With Quote