Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old July 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #1
JoJo10

Just some opinions :)

I recently met this new guy about eight days ago. He texts me or calls me every day since we met. He will just text me to see what Im up to, which is a nice different approach from the regular. We hung out just once so far. As we spoke, he told me truthfully he wasn't looking for a relationship. He is 32 and Im almost 25. We've both been single for years now, however, I'm looking for a relationship. Anywho, am I misreading the signs here? I just need some fresh eyes on this. Thanks.
JoJo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Die-Weisse-Dame

Perhaps you have to convince him that he indeed does want a relationship. Men aren't good decision makers and not often know what they really want, so sometimes it's up to us to guide them along. You obviously feel that he's worth having, so that should indicate that he's worth spending a little time straightening out. Just take your time with him (much as you would with a child), and be wary that you don't scare him away. Let us know how you make out.
Die-Weisse-Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:22 AM   #3
JoJo10

Smile

You are right, when it comes to men. I don't want to spend too much time if I see things are going nowhere. Thank you for responding. Is it because they assume every relationship will be like their last ones?

Don't be afraid to respond, people. I love to hear it all, no matter how small or big it may sound
JoJo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #4
iampat

I agree, it can be hard to understand men at times. Maybe it would be helpful to sit down with this guy and hash out your definitions of what the word "relationship" entails. You're both grown adults that should be able to have a conversation of this caliber. If he doesn't want to do such, I'd be leery that he isn't mature enough to handle a relationship of any sort, regardless of the definitions you two have.
iampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Elusive Unicorn

It sounds like he will be a great friend or maybe more. Take it slow and see were things take you. Something just work themselfs out. Other times you have to help it along. Just remeber that guys know very little about subtle hints. Sigh I know cause my hubby doesn't get them. LOL I have tried many times with him and I do not think it is something you can train them to get.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #6
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Yeah. Men can't be trained, and I don't think they know what "subtle" is, but communication is the key here. So, talk to him, and see where it goes.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Elusive Unicorn

Hey I wonder if Teddy Roosevelt was right speek softly and carry a big stick!?
You never know the big stick theory for training them could work. Or maybe be like the dog whisperer and carry puppy treats in your pocket for when they do the trick right.<weg>
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #8
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

LOL!
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:16 AM   #9
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Oh daughter of mine! Get help!!!
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Elusive Unicorn

<----knows that momma has days that she would hide the treats and use the stick on her boyfriend.LOL
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM   #11
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

LOL I would rather have a guy friend than a boyfriend. Take things slowly. For you never know when you might meet Mr. Right thru your guy friends. LOL Elusive being knotty again! LOL Crazymomma at least she is a good one. Hugs
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #12
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

I agree with you, Wolf. I met my current boyfriend when my gfs and I just went to a club. He was there with his guys, but he came over to talk to me. We've been together for over 2 years now.
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #13
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

(((((Wolfie))))) That is soo not true!!!! I have never hidden the treats!! I may not share them but I NEVER hide them rofl
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #14
Elusive Unicorn

((((Wolfie, Jennifer, Momma))))
See momma even Wolfie says I am a good one.
I keep tring to tell you that I am a sigh but never beleave me. Almost enough to give a girl a complex. Oh well. FYI momma I do get help. From myself!! LOL I help myself to the icecream in the freezer.<weg>
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #15
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Go for that ice cream, Uni. And now, I'm going to say Wolfie instead of Wolf, and Momma instead of Crazy. Thanks girls for being friends with me, and I appreciate all your input and advice!