Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Getting to know you!

Old July 11th, 2002, 05:34 AM   #1
IamAngel

Smile This is me....hi......

Hi there! I'm new here and this site is great. I've been married for 13 years and have 2 kids, ages 12 and 10. I have one dog, a Cocker, and 7 inside cats, plus, of course, an aquarium with 2 of the fattest fish you've ever seen! I've noticed that a lot of the boards here haven't seen any action in a long while so what are the busiest ones? I've also noticed the names of some of the long-timers so maybe you ladies could point me in the right direction! I did start a new topic in "entertainment"(I think), as my kids are in the acting business. After 6 years online I haven't found many people who enjoy tv and big screen as I do. Anywho, glad to meet you all and I hope to talk to you all more in the future!

?ngel
IamAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:29 AM   #2
Cinderellen

Nice to meet you angel. I have 2 kids 8 and 12 (both boys) and have been married 13 years too. Small world, huh? This is a great group of women, and I think you'll like it here. If you get a chance, check out our chat rooms, they rock!!!
Old July 11th, 2002, 03:58 PM   #3
IamAngel

Smile

Nice to meet you! I guess I need to work on a nice pic beside my name now!

?ngel
Old July 11th, 2002, 04:31 PM   #4
LiamFan!

Angel, we meet again!

Well, ahem, I enjoy t.v. and movies quite a bit.

I never talk about it though. <weg>
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:03 PM   #5
IamAngel

Ah, so another film freak I take it?
I've gotten into trouble on parenting boards because I started threads on tv shows and movies!LOL One question. How'd you get your avatar? I take it it's a special one because I didn't see it as a choice. Can anyone use their own?

?ngel
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:34 PM   #6
LiamFan!

Angel, I think you can upload your own custom avatar (10K or less) once you have 200 posts.

So, KEEP POSTING!
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #7
anniejoan

Welcome to WOW IamAngel

IamAngel. Nice to meet you.
I have no kids but I do have a cat. I am currently hooked on Trading Spaces. Have you seen that show?

(((((( Liam ))))) (((((( Cinder )))))))

I agree. Our chat rooms are awesome. I can usually be found in WomensSpace during the evenings.

As for the customized avatars, you can do that once you've reached 200 posts so have fun exploring the boards and posting away!

Welcome, once again, to the WOW Forum. This is a wonderful place.
Old July 11th, 2002, 07:42 PM   #8
anniejoan

ROFL Liam! We're posting at the same time!
Old July 11th, 2002, 11:21 PM   #9
LiamFan!

{{{{anniejoan}}}}

I love Trading Spaces! I especially like Frank. I don't particularly like everything he does...but I just want him to come hang around my house and keep me entertained.
Old July 12th, 2002, 06:49 AM   #10
anniejoan

Liam, I'd love to work with him! Not only is he a hoot, but have you ever noticed how he allows and encourages the home owners to do their own creative thing? He gives them the basic idea and then tells them to go for it!

I'm jumpin' over to the Talk About Television folder to post! See you there!
Old July 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM   #11
IamAngel

Smile Thanks LF! And anniejoan...

thanks for the welcome! I haven't seen Trading Spaces - I must be missing something. What station is it on? During the summer my watching slows down some as it gets dark so late and I can stay outdoors. I hate winter and being cooped up inside, when it gets dark at 5:30.
I have 7 cats. My oldest is the only one I actually acquired myself. He'll be 5 in September. When he was 8 months old I found 4 newborn kittens in the road and bottlefed them and now they're 4. Then I had a stray choose me and she's probably around 6 or 7 and then her daughter, after about a year, chose me too. I'm beginning to wonder if they see something I don't and I'm really a cat!LOL

=^..^=
?ngel
Old July 12th, 2002, 10:26 PM   #12
LiamFan!

Angel, Trading Spaces is on TLC (The Learning Channel)

(and I am deathly allergic to cats...eep!) Neat stories about the cats adopting you, though.
Old July 13th, 2002, 11:14 AM   #13
susieB28

welcome {{Angel}}

hi {{liam}} and {{annie}} , um....what exactly is an avator? <G>
Old July 14th, 2002, 08:08 AM   #14
anniejoan

IamAngel, that's a lot of cats! Don't you find that cats just know who are cat people and who aren't? Maybe that's why they've chosen you.

Liam, there are hairless cats that supposedly are ok for people who are allegic to cats...but they look really, really funny.

Susie, an avatar is the picture by a user name. If you click on the f.a.q. button to the left, it explains how to do it. Hmmm, I've been meaning to do that but haven't yet decided what kind I'd like. Off to do a search!
Old July 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #15
Lou
Idealist

Hi there, IamAngel. Welcome to WOW. I am a cat <u>and</u> dog person, love foreign and art films, and that jpeg to the left is the newest of my three grandchildren. My older daughter aspired to sing and dance in musical theater, but that was when she was eleven; she turned out to be a professor of Spanish language and literature. Go figure. I hope you find sisterhood here.

(((Liam anniejoan cinderellen)))