Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Getting to know you!

Old November 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #256
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Welcome to WOW! Tis a great place. Many of us know each other on here for many years. Hence the greys! LOL So please check out the message boards and perhaps join a chat. I know that WillowWOW is stuck in misery due to no internet at home. ugh! Hugs to all
Have a great day!
Old November 19th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #257
nikkigate6

Hi everyone! I am Nikki, 18 yr old formerly of NY but currently in Virginia. I found wow on google by typing women's support groups. I am young but have a lot of life experience having lost my grandmother and mother both to cancer within the last two years. Because of this, I often look for support for unfamiliar situations. Hopefully we can make some great friends.
nikkigate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:17 PM   #258
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Welcome nikkigate6 to WOW! Tis a great place for support and friends. Many of us on here have been that and more to each other over the years. Hence the greys! LOL But check out the message boards and perhaps join in a chat! Hugs
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #259
Elusive Unicorn

It's great to be back online. I've to change names being how long it's been. Woohoo I finaly got a computer. Looks around gee it's so differnt then webtv.Love what you done with the place.
Elusive Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #260
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi Unicorn and welcome! The more, the merrier.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #261
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Welcome Home my daughter! btw you must have put in the wrong email address as I never got the email! ((((((((((Shimmer))))))))))
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #262
Elusive Unicorn

((((((((((((((mom))))))))))))) I put in what you told me. It didn't go though. Double checked it and everything. Right now my security is all crazy. ugh I want to kick Norton to get it to down load faster.
Elusive Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #263
gina montague

Smile gina

hi , everybody
gina montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #264
Elusive Unicorn

Hi gina and welcome to WOW. Its a great place.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:34 PM   #265
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi Gina!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:04 AM   #266
gina montagu
gina

hi , jennifer. How sweet of you to make contact with me . I am a newbie , and am feeling my way around to find out whats what . I live in Australia , am 31 years old , divorced, no children . am interested in keeping in shape , gym , swim , and golf , and dining out with friends . I found your posts of interest to me , and see that we both are concerned with politics , myself both nationally and internationally . It always amuses me that in a mixed group at a social dinner , the men are quite amazed that a woman can contribute in a rational way to what is usually regarded as a male province . ! I am so looking forward to W O W , and exchanging opinions and views . And thank you , so very much , to helping me to get odd the ground .
gina montagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2011, 08:50 PM   #267
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

G'day Gina!
I've actually been in your country - and loved it! It was like 5 years ago with my friends from Uni. We were in Aus for a little over 2 months. We were kind of based out of Sydney, so that was our stomping ground, but we travelled up and down the East coast from Melbourne to Cairns. My favorite little town was Gerringong. Going down those steps to that little beach was so cool! I'm 24, have a boyfriend that's really a great guy, and I've been talking to him about some how getting back there, but you get stuck in a job and can't do it. Sorry about the flooding! That has to be hard for so many people. I met a girl from Brisbane that was wonderful, and being history buffs, we knew so much stuff from Monty Python(OK, I know they're Brits! LOL) Anyhow, It'll be fun talking with you, and when you have your next vegamite, think of me!
Take care,
Jennifer
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:28 AM   #268
gina montagu
gina

gina

Howde , Jennifer , how really lovely to hear all those Aussie expressions , and yes , I will enjoy my vegemite even more . I am so glad that u were welcomed in OZ , as indeed was I welcomed in the US . In all , I visited both East and West coasts , driving all over the place in my four visits and was fascinated with CA , which always reminded me of home . Am so glad that you have a very nice B/F . After my divorce [ all very amicable ] , I did have two serious relationships , but decided early on that I would make myself independant of anyone , and thus enjoy life to the full . yes , the flooding in Queensland and Victoria have been horrendous , so I count myself lucky to have not been personally involved .
To your credit , you have introduced some new threads to stimulate responses , and shortly I will contribute a thread about why a womans friends remain in touch forever , whilst a mans mates seem to be like ships that pass in the night .
You and I should share some political views . I would like to explore with you why the US should not go the way of Europe . The State cannot possibly pay for everything . Heavy , huh ?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM   #269
gina montagu
gina

gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive Unicorn View Post
Hi gina and welcome to WOW. Its a great place.

You are so very kind in welcoming me . Yes , I can see that WOW is very exciting , and I am looking forward to making a contribution .
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:14 AM   #270
Elusive Unicorn

It will be get to see you posting.