Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > Meet the WOW Staff!

Old July 18th, 2003, 10:13 AM   #916
NanaWOW
90%Angel 10%Devil :)

Thanks it's great to be back home (((((((((((((((( Addie, Allie, DACDjr, LianFan, MintyFemme2,Scribble, and Sunflower )))))))))))))))))

Extra hugs for extra nice people ((((((( HUGS GALORE ))))))))))))

pssst Scribble, yes you too.. rofl...

Hmmmmm, replenishes all the refreshments ... sets up new comfy chairs... see the new bookshelf ... go on grab a book, some refreshments, put your feet up .. and relax

Have you read the new Harry Potter book?.. It's great so go on read it... New Mary Higgins Clark books too, Nora Roberts, James Patterson .. many many more... so enjoy

Seriously, reading not only improves your mind it takes you on adventures..some far away places, or some place close to home that you weren't aware of.
Reading... relaxes, scares, fills your mind full of wonder... makes you laugh and cry sometimes at the same time...Reading is a great way to relieve stress...So go on grab a book and enjoy the places it takes you...

Old July 18th, 2003, 06:32 PM   #917
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Mary Higgins Clark messed up on one of her books, lol. She messed up on the tense, didn't get the pov correct, and then accidentally confused how old the main character was at the beginning because she lists two different ages. I think it was called "Daddy's Girl." I like her books, but one of the problems I have with her is that she can (at times) throw too many characters at you and then you're stuck looking back to see who is what --especially when she goes a few chapters between certain characters. (Not that I'm picky or anything)
Old July 18th, 2003, 06:36 PM   #918
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Scribble wanders in and snatches all the goodies, turns the chair upside down, and then, once that is done, she fills up lots of water balloons and leaves Focus's fingerprints at the scene.
Old July 18th, 2003, 07:12 PM   #919
NanaWOW

((((Scribble)))))),
Yes, she did do that in "Daddy's Girl". I caught it as I was reading it. Glad it wasn't just me who would go back a few pages to see if I missed something in the story.. ( that CRS can be tough ) Did like the story though it was one that I didn't figure out who did it in the middle... kept me wanting to find out how the culprit would be caught!!!!..
****************************** No prob with turned over chairs the cabana boys I brought home will keep them straigt for me
The food gets replaced often so that is covered...
<splat> the water balloons hit you on the way out ... ooooooooops
Really enjoyed James Patterson's book... "The Beach." Did you get to read that one?
***************************** (((((( topsinapod )))))))) thanks for the welcome home ... didn't mean to leave you out of the hug...
Old July 19th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #920
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Have you ever read Nevada Barr's books? She's a ranger and writes some really awesome books, and come to think of it, so does Sue Henry.
Old July 20th, 2003, 01:53 AM   #921
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Talking Well its about time too.....LOL

Dearest ((((((NanaWOW)))))))
Havent seen or heard from you in such a long time.....I sure have missed ya! Congrats on the newest member of your family! I know you are a great grandmother and mother! I have sorely missed your Shampoo Corner lately. I did get a good scoop though....That silly zanely ScribbleWOW is great in Writer's Chat...Have you been there lately? Omgosh you might want to see about attending sometime. I hope I can catch ya sometime soon. Remember only those who are missed and well loved are the ones who get the "Well its' about time" thing! LOL
Have a great weekend!
Old July 20th, 2003, 09:56 AM   #922
NanaWOW

:giant:
((((((WillowWOW)))))
I agree Writer's Chat is wonderful. Both FocusWOW and ScribbleWOW are awesome hosts. The roomies contribute a lot to the success of that too.

***Would also have to say that all the hosted chats in both rooms have a lot of great combinations of hosts and roomies.****

Hope everyone gets to check out the new site, and the great chats. ****
Go to //www.WOWWomen.com, and find the key to getting there.

Both, "What do you think?" and "Shampoo Corner" are back as of this week...

Vacation is over. New grandchild is thriving, and her family is doing great. Thank you

(((((Scribble ))))))))) I will check those authors out.. taking a trip to the library this week.
Old July 20th, 2003, 02:58 PM   #923
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Good. I hope you enjoy them. Firestorm is a good one and that one is a Nevada Barr book. I read that one first and have to have more

You have a point that without the roomies, there wouldn't be good chats. (((((((((Nana)))))))
(((((roomies)))))
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM   #924
AuroraWOW
Proud Mom

Location: The frozen north, land of the midnight sun, ALASKA!
/me makes note not to read "Daddy's Girl". I hate books that make you work. LOL I have managed to read all 11 of the "Left Behind" series. Though there are alot of characters it is easy to follow.
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:19 PM   #925
AuroraWOW
Proud Mom

Scribble you should learn to be more kind to others and leave some snacks for those of us who come in here too. So, I will leave some jello sundaes (made them this weekend jello sounded good), some double chocolate brownies, some "Recharge" juice drinks (they are pretty good and no added crap in them, found in health food section), and some chicken ceasar salads (was to hot to cook so we ate salad all weekend).
Old July 21st, 2003, 05:33 PM   #926
NanaWOW

(((((( AuroraWOW )))))))) Good work you are teaching the, "bun in the oven" to eat nutritiously WTG for both of you
Hope all is well for you and your growing family

Snack table .. cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and vegetable dip.. enjoy

also... strawberries, cantalope, grapes, apples, pears, etc .. with a dip to the side... Enjoy
Old July 21st, 2003, 09:11 PM   #927
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Scribble is because she wants a health drink.

Oh, I'm thinking of making veggie ravioli. Have a decent recipe. Anybody else ever made it?

Aurora, you'd go nuts with "Daddy's Girl." I love Sue Henry because she writes about Alaska. In fact, she teaches at the university I'm considering. (Along with several others)

((((Nana))))

Scribble leaves some scrambled eggs with cheese for guests. (Nice, soft, and fluffy)
Old July 28th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #928
AuroraWOW
Proud Mom

(((( NanaWOW )))) Here are some freshly picked Alaskan blueberries. They are really sweet this year. Yum Yum

Scribble, to many people write about this drab state. Bears, wildlife, getting lost and lots of wilderness. There is even a book called "Do Bears Really S*** In the Woods?" I mean, PLEASE! LOL
Old July 28th, 2003, 11:04 PM   #929
NanaWOW

(((((((( Aurora))))))),
? Do they really "sing", "seer","scoff", etc

Oh wow Alaskisn blueberries, yum blueberry short cakes, blueberry muffins, blueberry pie woohoo! Thanks a bunch!!!!
(((((( hugs to all )))))))
Old July 29th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #930
ScribbleWOW
what a perception!

Funny, Aurora, but I thought to many people wrote about THIS state! Gads, and I only add to it. *deep sigh* The thing is, people want to know what it's like to live elsewhere, that's all.

Nebraska is okay, but sad to say, we don't have volcanoes, earthquakes (big ones), or anything else of that nature. Most of all, I miss the ocean

Nana!