Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old April 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Tiffin
Mistress of HandCrafted

No family in same state

I have no family in Alaska, so I've adopted a few folks I have meet or worked with as my family members.

Today I had the pleasure of being "grandma" to a friends two year son. I had him from 9am to 5pm.

IHOP shall remember the little monkey for a long time, I think his missed the paper with his crayons cause he like the table better, and Don't get the pancakes they have on the kids menu OMG gross. But he called it a birthday cake and then preceeded to eat the whipped cream off my blueberry pancakes.

Then we went to Lowes to look for flowers for my yard...had none yet too early in Alaska. Walked around there for an hour ...best part He loves the ceiling fans we spent 20 minutes there!

Then home for nap and quiet time. Then after 2 hours of napping up to High School to get some fresh air and sunshine...guess who did something awful in pants just before we got in to car to go up to school? Yep back into house, quick change of diapers.

At the school we did the track since that was the only Non snow or mud area for a two year old LOL.

After a screaming fit about having to have nose wiped, then moved on the the park play ground. Thank god other parents where there and surprising 5 little ones all two. He had a blast playing with the others and I got to have heart attacks as he climbed and jumped off things.

All in all it was fun. I decided every week I'm borrowing this little one so I can be a Grandma for the day!
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:17 PM   #2
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

(((((Tiffin )))))))))) That must of been fun! It sounded like it even with the heart attacks! LOL But I know that family is truley blessed to have you.
Have a great day!
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #3
rjsfeminist

I figured I'd bump this thread to restart it. Most of my family is out of state, so I've had to resort to "make-do" family. Anyone else?
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #4
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

My daughter and her crew are here in New York. The rest of my family is south. My family seems to getting smaller by leaps and bounds.
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Most of my family is out of state. The only ones in state are my children and grandchildren plus husband, fil, and daughter's new husband's extended family. Oldest son is in Iraq while his new wife is in Hawaii. Her family is in Arkansas. Yet the most of my family in this state are the native ones that I have "adopted" or have adopted me thru the years of going to the pow wows. LOL We were rained out from Saturday night but still had a great time. Other than this family I have on here in WOW not too much else.
(((((Roomies))))) (((((((WOW's))))))))
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #6
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

I think I'm following you wolfie!!!
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Dreamer29

That is really good! It's nice to add to your "family."
Dreamer29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #8
IRISH_EYES_99

Walks around a bit confused. Don't worry about me.
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #9
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

((((((((((((Irish))))))))))))))))) all I can say is don't follow wolfie too long... she takes alot of turns and twists... i've been gone for WEEKS... GIGGLE!!

Love ya wolfie!!!

(((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))))))))))
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #10
IRISH_EYES_99

((((((((((( hugs))))))))))
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:45 PM   #11
rjsfeminist

I was kinda wondering...For everyone who has family mainly out of state, what do you do for holidays? Visit family out of state, have them visit, or stay in touch by phone and cards?
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:02 PM   #12
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

(((( PBS rjfeminist IRISH )))) LOL PBS ya but you like being lost LOL Yes rjfeminist I do keep in touch mainly by phone calls. Although I hope to change that this year with getting pictures of my grandchildren and other pictures together to work on my secret Santa gift to my family. I hope it turns out good anyway.
Have a great day!
Old November 8th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #13
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

LOL!! i totally LOVE being lost wolfie!! giggle!!

we send out cards to all our extended family.... i don't have any family here in colorado....they are all back "home". I moved here ten years ago. i was hoping to maybe give my mom a ticket to come for christmas as her present this year, but that just isn't going to work out right now between her work and stuff...sooo... i'll give it to her for felicia's graduation in stead.

love ya ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old November 8th, 2009, 03:15 PM   #14
rjsfeminist

Hey, PBS, it's fun to follow Wolfie! Just like I'm following you! I tend to send out cards to EVERYONE in my address book. Once you're in my addy book, you're bound to get cards for life! I also call family on holidays. It started out with calls from my grandmother to make sure I was letting the kids watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on TV, then I had to call family on Christmas because the media said that with the volume of calls Christmas day, nobody would be able to get through. (I love a challenge!) So now...my whole family calls each other on holidays.
Old November 9th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #15
IRISH_EYES_99

rjs, pbs, Wolfie, & all, My intentions are always there. Then again I hear the road to hell is praved with good intentions. (:@)) ... {90% which are mine} Actually buy the cards, then forget to send them. yikes.
Phone calls are a good way for me to go. This Christmas son & his wife will be here. It will be the first time in a lot of years that all our kids will be together with us for Christmas. So looking forward to it. Woohoo!