Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old April 21st, 2008, 10:02 PM   #1
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

PBS's dating adventure

awwwwwww..bummer...my whole dating thread is gone....

ok...sooo... we went on a blind date...then for coffee...then for dinner... and it's blossomed over time. His name is Bruce.

Blind date and coffee were in late Feb.

Today... April 21... we are seeing each other exclusively... I have met his friends...he has met mine. We have met each other's children and the children have met each other. We have been on several dates... both in and out of each of our homes. I would rather just hang out at home, cook dinner together and watch tv and snuggle on the couch... than spend the $ to go out to dinner...but we do go out..cuz he likes it.

He is such a gentleman. He's patient. He's more about what's in it for US than what's in it for him... in everything we do.

I had a panic attack while the boards were down. And, he actually talked me through it. Seriously... if i was him..i probably would have ran the other way...fast. But..he just... was there until i got through it.

I fainted at his house... VERTIGO... ugh! anyway... one minute i was standing talking to him..the next i was sooo dizzy and down i went... and he was there... even that didn't scare him away..and it almost scared me away! LOL!!

I wrote Lance a letter telling him that he had until the end of June to retrieve his belongings from my house before I got rid of them for him....and Bruce said he would be there with me when lance comes... sooo... i don't HAVE to face Lance alone ..if I don't want to.

This guy... he makes my heart flip and flop when i see him...and he settles my soul when I talk to him... it's only been a few months... so, we are still new enough that i'm still somewhat wary... but... i do so love being with him.. And... each day... i let him in a little more.
Old April 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM   #2
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((PBS))))) I am so happy for you and just a bit jealous. I've love to have some one so kind in my life. Keep moving forward and be happy. I juat love this kitty.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Melynn
Queen Goddess

{{{{{{{{PBS}}}}}}}}

I can't think of anyone who deserves a Bruce more than you! I am so happy for you! You are finally being treated as the Goddess we've always known you are! Don't ever settle for anything less!
Melynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:34 PM   #4
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

LOL!! see!! thing is... I had to think I was a goddess before someone could treat me like one... took em a long time to figure that out! LOL!

Crazymomma...he is truly the best. I feel like I'm gushing about him... but it's just soooooo different with him from how it's ever been . I thought guys like him were only in the movies!

how's life with you??????

THANKS MELYNN!!!! for EVERYTHING !!!
Old April 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #5
IRISH_EYES_99

Awwww ((((((((((((((((( PBS )))))))))))))))))))),

Sounds positively great. So glad he'll be there when and if Lance comes for his stuff. I like him. there you go. you have my approval.
Even the kids get along how cool is that. A major hurdle there.

The fainting concerns me. Is your potasium low? Maybe it was just old fashioned nerves. If it happens again please get it checked out.

Stay happy.

((((((((( Melynn ))))))))) (((((((((((( all ))))))))))
Old April 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM   #6
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

I went to the dr. Irish..she said vertigo... and gave me meds for it that may or may not help...

i'm still dizzy all the time... but she also said the vertigo could take months to go away....
ugh!!!!

Our date last night was fun...we went out to dinner..and then home to watch a series we ordered on DVD together..

He just soothes my ruffled feathers...ya know???
giggle!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #7
IRISH_EYES_99

Take care of you (((((((((( PBS)))))))))))),
Glad things are going good for you. Keep a close eye on that vertigo. If it doesn't clear up.. get after them again.
Did they do a Cscan or MRI to make sure nothing else was going on??? Did they do the blood work to ck for low potassium?
That saying that the "squeeky wheel " gets the job done, is true..

Take care keep happy, keep healthy, and yes keep us posted.
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #8
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

no..they didn't check potassium..but now I'm wondering if they shouldn't have?!?! sigh... getting them to do ANYTHING is like pulling teeth sometimes!
Old April 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #9
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

/me thinks Irish is trying to avoid being TAGGED!!!
Old May 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM   #10
rjsfeminist

Woohoo, PBS!!! I am so envious!!!

Um, ya sure the vertigo wasn't from Lance? LOL!

Good for you. You deserve a good man!!!
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 05:48 PM   #11
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

Time for an update?? ROTFL !!! RJ!!! the Vertigo... not from lance..but.... went away completely after i had a migraine...sooo..they are thinking maybe an aura from that... and i can either pursue or wait till it happens again to see..and I'm thinking I'll just wait.

My Bruce... what can I say.. sigh. He's still Good! and we are still having soooo much fun dating.

this guy! I'm telling ya! How happy I am that I'm finally in a place in my life where I'm ok with who I am...and I'm open to being treated well!

Our schedules are both soooo busy this month... we are having a hard time fitting in time for us...and it's frustrating him as much or maybe even a bit more than it is me!! LOL! That's refreshing ...ya know?? to finally be with someone who wants so badly to spend time with me. And when we spend time... be it shopping for books at Barnes & Noble, going for coffee, dinner, or where ever...or just sitting on the couch watching tv together... it is SOOOOO PEACEFUL.

If I've had a rough day... I KNOW I'll get myself through it... but... seeing him... open armed...and walking into his hug and just enjoying his touch... makes my whole world tilt back into place. then, he'll listen to me vent... offer advice if I ask... or just comfort me if I don't!

I sent the letters telling Lance he had until June 30th to get his stuff out of my house or to pay for me to do it or I would dispose of it all as I see fit. Bruce helped me write the letters... and.... i'm secure in the knowledge that i won't have to be alone to face lance if I don't want to be...ya know?

I've learned new things about myself...some I like...some I don't. I've learned that I am a whole person...even when i feel broken. I've learned that when someone really cares... they don't leave when the going is tough. (no..we haven't fought or anything...but I have had a panic attack and he talked me through it...)

LOL...it's been what.... about 10 weeks.... and i still think he's HOT!!
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:18 PM   #12
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((((PBS)))))))) I am soooo happy for you!!! I hope this keeps up and you have found your white knight! you sound so happy! Good for you on finally having someone in your corner to stand up to Lance.For you too. TTFN P.S. I have been enjoying our im's moving is been rough. I am so trying to make this place look like a home and less like a storage unit.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 10:55 PM   #13
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

THANKS CrazyMomma!! and... I AM truly happy right now. and... while it INVOLVES Bruce..it's not JUST because of him...ya know?

And...it was scary to send that letter...but Bruce DID lend me a bit of courage to do that.

And... if you would have just moved a thousand miles closer...i could have helped you make the house less like a storage unit... giggle!!! be careful and mindful of yourself though!!! no overdoing!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((CRAZYMOMMA))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Old May 4th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #14
Tiffin
Mistress of HandCrafted

(((((Pooh)))))))) glad things are going along at this wonderful pace! You deserve to be loved and cared about!
Old May 4th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #15
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

Thanks Tiffin!!

How's the chocolate coming along?? did you send your sample box? hmm...off to read the baking thread...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TIFFIN)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))