Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old May 4th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #16
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

PBS I'm not overdoing. I have to be careful of my back. But I feel as if I have gotten a lot more done than I even gave myself credit for. The girls have been some help but not much.
I am so happy that things are working out for you and Bruce. You know you are a strong person and it's wonderful that you have someone in your corner that helps you see that.
(((((Tiff))))))) How goes the sweet works?
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #17
IRISH_EYES_99

Oh! ((((((( PBS))))))))))))),

I'm so glad is in full bloom for you. Don't know Bruce but I like him, he's good to you for you. So you have my blessings.
Old May 7th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #18
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

LOL!!! Irish..he IS good for me. Let me see if I can describe this in words... he is like the pointy tip of the pizza, the first smell of coffee after you open the can.... the taste of lemonade on a hot summer day... the feel of flannel sheets on a cold winter night...

does that give you an idea??

((((((((((((((((EVERYONE)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #19
IRISH_EYES_99

Thumbs up

Just a smidgeon ..
Love your analogies.

Love the fact that life is being good to you. WTG (((((((((( PBS))))))))))))))
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #20
rjsfeminist

Hey, PBS, does he have a brother?
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:12 AM   #21
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

ROTFL!!!! sigh... sorry... he's a ONE OF A KIND...only boy .. He has two older sisters...

They both live closer to home..one in Connecticut and one in Rhode Island.

hmmm... I had an AWFUL afternoon at work...and he brought me ice cream with hot fudge on it... mind you...it put me WAY over points... BUT.... i'm ok with that today. I laid on the couch with my head on his chest and just "was"... it was SOOOO nice.

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old May 10th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #22
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Hun, I am so happy for you. Ask him how he feel about being cloned? LOL I think we'd all like to have a guy like that.
Old May 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #23
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

so... ya'll KNOW what a GREAT Guy he is.. . and now I get to "gush" even MORE!!! LOL!!! We had our weekend away this past weekend. I took friday off and he had friday off... We went to the mountains and stayed. He wouldn't let me pay for anything...ok..sometimes that's annoying ya know? But... i let him pay...cuz it was his treat for me this weekend.

IT WAS AMAZING!! Seriously... I couldn't have asked for a better weekend!! We relaxed, had fun, told jokes, watched tv, went to dinner..and just acted like the couple we are.

We came home... and on the ride home, we talked. I talk..and he listens..he talks..and i listen. amazing new concept!! LOL!

So, I'm soooooooooooooooooooo comfy with him!! I told him!! he knows!!! and i feel better for telling him... and...when i told him... i wanted to come to him whole, not broken...he said to me: "YOU ARE NOT BROKEN IN MY EYES, YOU ARE THE PIECE THAT COMPLETES ME, YOU as you are no one else."

sigh...
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #24
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((PBS)))))) This is so awesome!! you deserve this! Sigh I would love to have someone tell me that. Best of luck Hon!!!
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #25
IRISH_EYES_99

Gee! It's quiet in here!!!!! Must be very busy
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #26
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 busy... ok.. i'll go with that..giggle!!!

something I've noticed with my Bruce..is that no matter what bumps life keeps throwing at us... we stay even together...does that make sense???? so, troubles at my job or his, or with the kids...and yes..over the past three weeks there have been all three! we turn to each other..talk it out..and come up with a solution or at least a comfort of knowing someone has heard our pain/frustration!

It's the coolest thing!!!!

So, last weekend... we had just friday night.... and it was so nice. we just stayed at home and cooked and ate together and watched a movie.

Last night... i had/have yesterday and today off... soo..i went down last night and was there when he got home from School... did i mention that I find him EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE?? LOL...especially when he wears a tie..which is almost all the time! LOL..oohh..anyway... we watched part of a movie...and then tonight we are going to dinner and finishing the movie.

Tomorrow..he and Felicia are volunteering at the state republican convention - yes..we are a blended household...i am a democrat, felicia is a republican (although I am really working hard to change that...sigh.) and christopher has NO CLUE> Bruce is a republican too... (hey..he can't be perfect!! ya'll told me that!)... anyway...he got her a volunteer position for the state convention.. and... he's taking her. So chris and I will hang out and then we are all going to watch a movie at our house tomorrow night.

I am feeling truly blessed these days. even when i'm stressed out, all i have to do is pick up the phone or type an email and i know he is listening and will offer comfort and advice. both of which are very welcome!

So... i've seen him in all kinds of situations and so far so good! We are going to a bbq at his friends house on June 14th...sooo... I'm a little nervous about that... i have met only one of his friends and that was for about 20 seconds... so..I'm excited that I am meeting them... and a bit frightened that they are meeting me!! ya know?????

And..his sister Robin comes in the second week of July... OH MY GOSH... I'm freaking out a bit about her. He idolizes her...sooo... as it gets closer..i'm sure i'll be here freakign out with ya'll... LOL!
Old June 1st, 2008, 07:57 PM   #27
IRISH_EYES_99

All sounds good. As far as the political difference that's cool too. Good debating issues. Sounds like a great catch. With the kids liking each other 2. Major plus.
His sister will love you. Especially when she sees how happy you both make each other. So don't freak out. Breath deeply ..... Now let it out. ahhhhhhhhhh! Feel better.
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM   #28
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

PBS,you know Irish is right. As a big sister all I ever wanted was to see my brother happy. My middle brother was the luck one. He met his wife, fell in love, and they have been married for 20 years.They are planning a trip to Vegas to renew their vows at the Elvis chapal and she even bought him a driving course with the Richard Petty exprance!! OMG!!! I cannot spell tonight to save my life.
Old June 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM   #29
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

ROTFL!! i'm sure you are both right...but... ya know me... i'm a worrier!!

i'll post again here soon... we are at three months plus now!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM   #30
Tiffin
Mistress of HandCrafted

((((Pooh)))) I'm so happy it's working out for you two!

We are a divided household also. Although its Him for that guy and me for that gal who are in the same party. But in many of the elections: city, state and national We usually have different views and each other's vote cancell out one of ours LOL