Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM   #31
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

(((((TIFFIN)))))Hi hon, so nice to see you. I live with a man from Mass, so you can guess we don't see eye to eye on policies so, for the best way to keep my sanity we don't talk about it can he is also a single minded hot tempered Irish man(No offence Irish) Who is pig headed to say the least! So I keep my political point of view to myself.
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #32
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 3 MONTHS of Fun, Happiness, and Exploration...

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT's BEEN THREE MONTHS?!??!?! jeez! When i think about the past three months, it feels like a lifetime in someways...and i think good grief..how could it already be three months in other ways.

I am soooooooooooo comfortable with him. I can't even begin to explain that. We just... click.

There are a few stepping stones we haven't ventured upon yet... and... when we get to them eventually, we will be fine, I am sure...

His family knows we are dating...my family knows we are dating...and both are behind us on it. Which for me at least is a refreshing change of pace.

Then there's the kids... my two like him...and his son likes me... which is nice....and absolutely necessary!! Can you imagine what a mess that would be???? We are all going to a Rockies Game on the 22nd for Christopher's birthday.

We are moving along in all aspects..and I LOVE IT! He finally gave in and let me do his laundry in exchange for some "man" chores here...so I didn't have to pay someone else to do it! and I wouldn't let him just do it without giving something in return! that frustrated him...LOL...but a girls gotta have RULES right?? LOL!

There's so much love and respect and cooperation and consideration. It's been a wonderful three months getting to know him, getting to know his son, and getting to see how we fit together....

I am looking forward to the next steps in our relationship...and to see where God takes us on our journey.

HUGS!!!
Old July 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #33
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

4 months and 7 days. That's how long it's been!! Time for an update!

This weekend, Bruce and his son Ray left for Scout Camp in South Dakota. It's our first time apart where we aren't talking everyday at least. And...let me tell ya what..it's alot harder than I thought it would be!!!!

In the past month, so much has happened in our lives personally, and yet... we are still there and kicking.

We (all five of us) watched the fireworks together in the park by my house. They played music to them..it was cool!! and it was nice to be with all of them.

He helped me pick out my car....and gave compliments on doing my homework instead of criticizing the fact that I didn't do alot of shopping around. I knew what I wanted, and i knew how much I wanted to pay..and that's what happened.

I helped him look for a different place to live...and he asked my opinions and took them quite seriously. He has mentioned a few times things like..."if we blend households" or "when we all live together".... LOL. It's nice BUT SCARY to hear that!
I have no near future plans of moving in together. He lives in Aurora...and I live in Brighton... 25 miles apart, and two very different school districts. I promised my kids they could finish high school in Brighton. Sooo..he can't move here because his son needs that school district and I can't move there because I promised my kids.

And... at 4 months, it's WAY too soon to seriously think about that.

ok..what else? hmmm... he has a way of making me feel beautiful, even when i know i look awful. He's held my head when I'm sick, fed me when I'm hungry... he even gave me a refresher course on driving a stick and lent me his car so I could get back and forth to work when my car died.

He took Chris to a rockies game... and well... it's kinda funny to hear my child say... "Are you seeing Bruce tonight??" and I'll say no..why? and they say... "Cuz..you NEED TO! You're GRUMPY!!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... so... after four months... it's still AWESOME!!!
Old July 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #34
Napolitana <3

Hey PBS,
Well i read back to ur Bruce Adventure and it sounds amazing!!!!
Wish u the BEST of luck!
Napolitana <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:46 AM   #35
IRISH_EYES_99

Thanks for a great update. WTG
Old October 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #36
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

7 months tomorrow!!!! OMG! I can't believe it's been 7 months!!! I still get butterflies when he walks in the room, and he still makes me melt when he kisses me!!

We are getting closer. I spend alot of time at his house, or him at mine. Things with the kids are going well too... His ex-wife gave up visitation with his son, so we now have him full time, so it's been a little harder to find "us" time, but we manage ok. I have only had one or two occasions where I wondered where I would fit in, but he always makes sure i know that I fit in right where I need to.

Now, in the week before I have surgery for "female" problems, he is here, making me feel loved, secure and wanted. we are a couple, we discuss problems and solve them together, we ask opinions before making major purchases, and we cry on each other's shoulders when life is not going the way it should.

I have never felt so "right" in a relationship in my life!! I can't wait to see what the future brings to us, and knowing that together, we can face anything and triumph means soooo very much!
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #37
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((((((((((((PBS)))))))))))))))))) I am so happy for you and know you will be in my prayers for your surgery. Best of luck to you always!
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM   #38
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((((( PBS )))))))))))) Good luck with the surgery. Good luck all around. Sounds like a keeper to me.

(((((((((( Crazymomma )))))))))))))), Are you ok? Are you in a safe place? Hope things are better for you.
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #39
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

(((((((((((((((((((((((Irish)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((CRAZYMOMMA!!!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Where's my update dear?? GIGGLE!! How's the new 'puter and how're the kids?

hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #40
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((((((((IRISH,PBS)))))))))))) thank you both. I am safe we have talked and thing are better. He also understands that I don't know how long I will stay here. The kids are okay except for Savannah she has something Her eyes are infected and so is her throat. She got sent home with a fever and it was still 99.8 when we went to the doctor. But our doc put her on some good meds.
I really love that you 2 care so much. Also, the new puter is great! I even got into chat last night!
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:14 AM   #41
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((( Crazymomma ))))))))))))),

Keep that safe plan option ready. Glad you talked & things are ok now. However it doesn't hurt to have that plan in place. Woohoo on the computer. Hope Savannah is feeling better soon.

((((((( PBS))))))))
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #42
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

TY yes she feels better. All the kids do. We got a new puppy today. It's a 9 week old chocolate lab we named cocoa. She is sooo cute!!
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #43
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

Grief..it's only been three weeks since I wrote last?? It feels like a LIFETIME!

The days before MY surgery, Bruce was in the hospital. Ended up as a bacterial infection in his intestines as well as a very low potassium level. He spent three days there. In those three days, his ex called him several times and crabbed at him for things I had done (like feed the dog, etc.) I was appalled. The day after he got out of the hospital was my surgery. I was in pain for a few days. That first day, I'd have been totally lost without him. I can't believe how close we have become in the almost 8 months we've been dating.

His son asked him if we were going to marry... and he replied, well, Ray, We are still getting to know each other! What a perfect statement! Cuz that's exactly what we are doing!

sigh. I'm so in love with him...
Old October 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #44
IRISH_EYES_99

Awww (((((((((((( PBS )))))))))))),
Sounds good to me. Sorry about your pain. Glad everything is getting better. As far as the other it's probably a case of "sour grapes". Don't fret about it. Smart man, smart ans, the kids are curious. Good luck all around.
Old October 28th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #45
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

Question

PBS has a book now? ROFL

I missed this on my journies through WOW the last few weeks.. LOL

((((( PBS )))))
I hope both you and Bruce are feeling better.. So no more yuckies k?

Huggers
Dac