Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old October 16th, 2002, 06:06 PM   #16
susieB28

{{{daccie}}} I had no idea hun, I am sorry... the end of a marriage is a sad thing, if you ever need to talk, I am here.
Old April 21st, 2008, 07:39 PM   #17
Lilly

My son called me this weekend and said he went to our old stomping grounds, a race track and said he felt like he was 10 years old again. He was chuckling the whole time as he talked about the old drivers that came out to run a few races. You have to love it when they call just to talk!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:20 PM   #18
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Hi Lilly! Yes I know what you mean by those phone calls as well. I just bet you remembered and could picture in your mind what he was talking about. Aint it grand to have such a great son? Well I know he is blessed to have you for a Mom as well as all of you having the children you do.
Have a great day!
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:38 PM   #19
rosannehow

The part I found to be the most difficult was stepping back when they came of age and got married. It is hard when you have been the nurturer, the nurse, the healer, the hugger, and all things that go into raising a child and now you can't do that anymore.
Someone else is doing that now.
rosannehow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:12 PM   #20
audiobrunette

I have a son & a daughter, and I want so much to raise them in a non-sexist way, to be good/caring people etc..
audiobrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:39 PM   #21
IRISH_EYES_99

The hardest part and the proudest part of being a parent is knowing you've done your very best. Then knowing when to let those strings go. Letting the sons & daughters soar. Knowing that they can soar. How awesome is that.

In reality while they do move away and grow in adulthood, the closer they get to be. It doesn't matter how far away they go. The closeness will always be there.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #22
DLC55
You owe me for this!

I have to agree Irish. This weekend my brother told me I had raised 2 of the most hard working and well mannered kids and didn't quite understand how I did it all on my own. Now you have to understand, my brother and I have never really gotten along and it got worse when our dad died. It seems as he ages he mellows out a bit. He was full of compliments which was really strange coming from him.
DLC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 08:48 PM   #23
IRISH_EYES_99

DLC sometimes maturity comes when we least expect it. So glad that he is seeing the light. Things happen. We change. Eyes seem to open up wider, and with that the hearts follow.
Perhaps he is taking a good look around him. Whatever the reason it's good. Glad he is complimenting you on a job well done. Of course it's well done. YOU did it. Really glad it's working out better.
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM   #24
Perfectbeat

well, I haven't have any kid yet but If I have a son one day I will teach him how to be a real gentleman and how he supposed to treat women. i don't want him to be one of the ass*&%^ out there!
Perfectbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #25
BabyBoyNames

Yes I agree to that! As a parents we should teach them how to become a good person.
BabyBoyNames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #26
Tanara

Hi there ladies and LTNS to everyone .... well since the last time everyone saw me I have produced a son LOL His name is Bryce and he is both cute and smart cant say he is well mannered but considering that his father is a barn yard ape.... putting lightly. When he burps he says "im a piggy" its cute coming from a two year old, but not his dad. Anyhow he is smart must of got that from me ... lol
Tanara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM   #27
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome "home!!"
Old October 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #28
Divine4me

I love this topic. I have a seven year old boy and I want to raise up the right way hope to share and gain some wisdom from other mothers.
Divine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:54 PM   #29
mothertammy

Breastfeeding

Hi I dont know if im doing this right or if im in the right place,But anyway heres my problem i have a 2 mouth daughter that im breastfeeding,I also have a son he is 18; every time im feeding my daughter he makes sure he is there to watch, I dont know if I should tell him to leave the room I dont want to hurt him any way. I know he is looking at my breasts I try to hide them but sometime it dont work. Please can some one help
mothertammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #30
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Sure tell him that its bothering you. That you wish for that time to be just for you and the baby. Also ask him what fascinates him to want to watch. Perhaps he will surprise you. I wish you the best in this.
Have a great day!