Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old June 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #1
Foreverauntie
The Complex World of Me!

My Insecurities!!!

I was involved in a very abusive relationship 4 yrs. ago. Everything I owned and loved, was the target for my abusive husband. He managed to destroy my life and my stuff.
Well, we are four yrs. later and I react so severly to my stuff getting broke or destroyed. I can't help it. The family heirlooms are all divied up, and now I have none for my future generations.
Well, my boyfriend is my everything. He is amazing. He was cleaning my carpets today, my stuff went out on our deck. Well, we have high winds sometimes and my plants, that I rescued from my mother, fell off my deck. Now, they look awful. I nursed these plants four yrs. now, and they were gorgeous. Now, there is only one stem left. I got so upset. I am so afraid to lose anything, now. I hurt his feelings. When something breaks, I feel like I'm going to loose everything, again.
Please give me some advise, on controlling my feeling of loss. I have already said my apologies and explained to him. He understands. But, I don't want to freak out everytime something breaks.
Foreverauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #2
IRISH_EYES_99

((((((((( Foreverauntie )))))))))),

When you've been in an abusive relationship.it's difficult moving on. So glad that you were able to.

Good for you for getting away from it. You took that abuse for a long time.. It will take time to work it all out.

It's ok to panic at losing your things. You were able to discuss it after. That in itself is a big step. Sounds like your boyfriend is an understanding guy.. kudoes to him.

Have you thought of going to a counselor/ therapist. That may help you put your feelings in their place. Someone not on top of the situation.

Wish you the best of what is yet to come your way. Hang in there.

btw it was great seeing you in chat last night. Hope you come in there a lot.