Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Games, Jokes & Other Fun Stuff

Old October 28th, 2002, 09:50 PM   #16
Lou
Idealist

LOL anniejoan, I AGREE! Give us a GOBLIN!!
Old July 8th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #17
Jessyka
Jessica

My mother is my role model! We have always been close, even through my teen ,parting years. She has always been there for me, and throught the years has become extremely close with my husband. She is wonderful to our daughter.

I have always look up to me mom. When my parents got a divorce she worked two jobs and went to school full-time ( with straight A's) just so we could keep our home. Even though she was gone alot I never remember a time that she was not there for us. She has always been very supportive in everything I do in my life.

When I was raped by a guy that I knew, she was the first one to drive over two hours to hold me and be there for me throughout the hospital and court issues. It was one of the hardest things I have ever been through and she stood by my side through it all.

All my life I always heard "You have the coolest Mom" they were right. I didn't realize it back then but she is the most wonderful person I know!

Now that I am 28 yrs old my mom is going through alot of hard times. She spends almost every weekend at my house. I am so happy I can somewhat repay her for all those numerous times she has been there for me.

What I admire about her is that she always knew when to be a mother and when to be a friend. I only hope someday I can be just as close with my daughter.

SHE IS NOT ONLY MY MOTHER, SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND!
I am very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life!
Jessica
Jessyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 05:06 PM   #18
PrincessArista

nope, my mom isn't my role model. She's a bit too obsessive about cleaning for my taste LOL

My role model is... me... I try very hard to be like the me I want to be
PrincessArista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 08:20 PM   #19
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Sounds like you have a great mom, Jessyka. Me too.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 11:14 PM   #20
LiamFan!

Me three.
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM   #21
alina

It's a great advise! We all need girlfriends. Life would not be the same without them. Women need to help each other. I am so happy that I am one of you!
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:54 AM   #22
lilithdelmonte

Wow angel I never thought of it that way. But you are so right. I think back on the time I have spent with my friend Kristi and realize thats what it was like. I had known her since the time I was about 2 and we did everything together. But then she got married and pregant, and we had a falling out. I have girlfriends but none will ever compair to Kristi.
lilithdelmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #23
Savannah
Student of the Earth

a role model... hmmm, there are some women that i find very inspiring, is that the same as a role model?
Old March 17th, 2004, 03:15 PM   #24
brede
my new motorcycle

I think my parents were my role models. They were always there for me, especially during my wild and crazy teens! Even though they didn't agree with all my beliefs, they always supported my activism. We had some rough times, but when I started being sick a lot, they never let me down. We still have things we disagree about, but it has never hindered our love for each other.
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:29 PM   #25
Kristin

HELLO AGAIN!LONG TIME NO SEE!

As I just say;
MY MOTHER DOESN'T JUST ENJOY GUILT TRIPS - SHE RUNS THE TRAVELAGENCY!

Otherwise, I must agree with hummingbird. Maybe we're related? :-)
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #26
rosannehow

My mother was without a doubt the loveliest person I ever knew. She was loving, kind, there when I needed someone, gentle and wise. She passed away in 1975 and iIstill miss her.

I have come to realize more and more how fortunate I was to be her daughter as I see so often the hurt and sorrow of others in their relationship with their mother.
rosannehow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM   #27
Napolitana <3

my role model was my grandpa ( my nonno)

He was the one that kept the family together, and he could always make me feel better and feel good about myself...i never felt such love then the love he gave i was the the best in his eyes and he made me feel it...i miss him very much and i hope that one day someone feels for me what i felt for my nonno
Napolitana <3 is offline   Reply With Quote