Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old May 23rd, 2008, 02:33 AM   #31
NotSocrazyJoJo

Exclamation

I have been with my partner almost 4 years. I have never really thought about it I knew the conversation would come up but not so soon. My kids are 12 and 8. My 12year old and I need to talk because she is getting unruly with my partner. I am just not sure what to say to her. My 8 year old does not understand I dont think not yet anyway. So feel free to offer some advice, I need all I can get.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM   #32
JustLyndsie

Talking Help!

Ever since I came out, I have wondered about just about every aspect of the possible family dynamics, because I have always wanted to be a mother. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is the title situation that arises with two mommies.
I am currently packing to join my soulmate, in Montana. She has had my heart for years, and our star crossed romance has been finalized. I am so excited to start our life together, but there is one snag (noteice I did not use the word "problem"): She has a beautiful two and a half year old son that I have never met, and we can't decide how she should introduce me to our boy as.
Help!
My dream is comming true, and I'm unsure how our love (and my new love for him) should be announced to our boy.
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #33
wilson.krystal

what to do what to do

Okay so here we go i really need some help. My girl friend and i became serious so we moved in together. She has 4 children ages from 2 to 11. She was married before for ten years. of course that dad is bitter and has decided to slam us infront of his 11 year old daughter. of course she can put two and two together knowing that we sleep in the same room. However. she came home a weekend from her dads demanding to know the truth about her mother and i. We hesitated thinking it would just go away. but when she presisted for two weeks straight we set her down and told her. Now we have not done anything as far as showing there her and i are together. still havent to this day atleast not infront of the kids. Things before where fine now they have just gotten crazy. Shes angry. Everyday when i come home i get asked to leave. i get told i have runied the school year because now all she can think about is her mom and i during the day and it upsets her. Her mother and i explained to her that this is what you wanted to know. we have done nothing but love support and give her what she needs. We have suggested her going to see someone to talk about but of course she just turns it down. Im sure this is somewhat normal, its a big change having a dad for ten years and then now there is a women in your house. Please we are both at the point we will take advice from anyone.

Thank you.
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #34
Rainbowville

I don't have children but my partner wants some in the future. Not sure I'm completely sold on the idea but I can't knock it just yet. Guess time will tell.
Rainbowville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:33 AM   #35
thewebgeekchick

Hi candygirl1030,

My g/f is in the same situation that you were 10 years ago and she would like to know how's everything turned out specially with your son.

How long did it took for him to understand you?

I made a research to find info that could help her and me, even though were are just starting our relationship, but there are not many resources out there. It would be nice to have some kind of forum because I believe that the two of you are not the only ones with this parenting issues.

Thank you in advance for any tip you could give her (us) =)
Old November 3rd, 2011, 10:32 AM   #36
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Best policy is to be honest. Then sit your daughter down and explain that what she perceives is happening isnt. You both are busy doing the house working and etc. Being an adult to ensure that the kids have a good life. Now if the ex husband is sabotaging you in his remarks he can be put on the shooting block and have his visits denied for defamation of character. Either be nice or keep your mouth shut. Just let your daughter know that nothing is going to change how you both feel about her. Then ask her if it was her friends who were would she ignore them? Or how others treated her friends for their sexual orientation would that be ok? Is she just judging people by others words and thoughts or her own? Is she seeing how happy you both are? Just a few things to have her think about for she will come to her own answers. Hope this helps as it was meant too. Hugs Btw my oldest son's best friend is gay as well as his favorite Uncle. Did that stop him from loving them and treating them the same? Nope I am so proud of him and mind you he was a teenager when he found out.