Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > The WOW Kitchen!

Old July 8th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #1
RockinGal

Do you Whip it?

How do you eat Cool Whip? I like it mixed with cream cheese and sugar to make a pie filling on an oreo crust. Sometimes I'll eat it straight from the freezer.
RockinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #2
OkieStorm
Hey! From Oklahoma!

Oooh rockingal that sounds bomb! Yummy.
I like it mixed with cream cheese and used as a fruit dip.
Hello Strawberries!
OkieStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #3
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

I found a recipe a long time ago from Jello that is called stripe delight. Awesome!!! use graghcrackers crumb,sugar, and melted butter. top with a mix of cool whip,cream cheese(any flavoer),sugar and milk whip til smooth and put on crust. put that in the frig. then mix any flavor instant pudding and milk til it's partly thick about 3 minutes. chill til you are ready to serve top with more cool whip and sprinkles. I haven't found anyone who doesn't like it!
Old July 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #4
Kitty P

I just like cool whip any old way. I like it especially in hot chocalate on a cold winter's night. Yum,Yum
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #5
RockinGal

Crazymomma, I made that dessert before too and LOVED IT! I made it a bit differently. The recipe I used is on CoolWhip.com. It called for an Oreo crust. I made my crust nice and thick. I used chocolate pudding and regular cream cheese.

OkieStorm, I had leftovers of my pie filling and at it out of the bowl . Next time I'll use it as a fruit dip.
RockinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Cherry

Hi.Can someone please enlighten me .......what are Graham
crackers?.Seen this in many recipes & never known what they are!!.Thanks
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #7
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Oh child you are deprived! Graham crackers are awesome you can find them in the same part of the store you find regular crackers. They come in several flavors and Kebler make a chocolate covered graham cracker that is to die for! YUMMO. With out them how could you make s'mores? If you have never had s'mores, they are the sweetest part of summer. You take roasted marshmallows and put them on graham crackers with chocolate ... no let me make that clear put a section of a chocolate bar on a craham cracker, top with a roasted marshmallow, them a second graham cracker. Anyone who camps has had them. Enjoy!
Old July 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM   #8
Melynn
Queen Goddess

Cherry, I think you have graham crackers in Australia, but if not, you can substitute wheatmeal biscuits.

I'm with crazymomma though. As an American, they bring back very sweet memories of childhood. S'mores have never tasted the same as they did at camp as a kid.
Melynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #9
IRISH_EYES_99

Oh Cherry, I do hope you have the decadent deliciousness of trying smores. Warm marshmellows placed over chocolate. Hershey chocolate works wonders with it. Do hope you find the Graham crackers they make it. Honestly any chocolate would work. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my

Trust us it's really worth looking into.. yummmmm yummmmmmmm yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Cherry

Ohh Thanks...Of course anything with chocolate will do it for me.Never seen the Graham Cracks,never heard of Kebler either,but yes,we do have choc coated wheatmeal bics.Toasting the marshmallows,now ,the only way we've done it here in Austr is on a stick/fork over the fire.Is that how you do it?The other thing we do with the mallows is dip them into choc fondue.SOOOOO delish!How else would we warm them to make the smores?Microwave?We will experiment,and can't wait to intro this to all my chocaholic friends.Guess I should tell my kids about it too,or mayhaps not !
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #11
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

(((Cherry))) you will fit in just fine here. Yes, a fire is the best but you can do them in the microwave oven. Kebbler is a big cookie/cracker company here in the state. Anyone who loves chocolate love the gooy taste of s'mores. They are called that cause once you have one you want some more. enjoy glad we could share a yummy treat from the states.
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #12
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((( Cherry )))))))))), Welcome to the land of chocolate lovers. <weg>You know along with dipping the marshmellow in the chocolate fondue, you can dip strawberries, and other fruits. Pretzels, crackers, just about anything works well with chocolate.

(((((((((( hugs to all ))))))))))
Old July 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #13
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... chocolate............................

I need a drooling smiley!!!!
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #14
Kitty P

chocolate

Cherry, Sorry you don't have Graham crackers or anything with Keebler on the box down there. If you ever get to the U.S.,you'll have to try some. But you really need to try s'mores over an open fire. Brings back the Girl Scouts days(((MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM-MMMM))). At work, people look @ me because I like to eat different things. One night,I took some choclate chips & some butterscotch chips & some marshmallos and put them in a small bowl,put them in microwave for 40 sec. & melted them & took them out & stirred them together. I thought it was very good but the two I was working with made faces. To me, anything sweet that has choclate in it,is not bad.
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #15
Cherry

((((Thanks to all of you))))Sounds like I am deprived without Graham Crackers! We have a large American supermarket chain opening soon,hopefully they will have the crackers & other yummy usa choccy things.Main biscuit co. here is Arnotts,they make Tim Tams which are a rectangular choc coated thick bisc....we dip them into our hot drinks and ....mmmmm gotta go...need chocolate!!!
What colours are your marshmallows?