Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old July 17th, 2001, 03:56 PM   #16
RipAway

I've been in a few online relationships, including the one I'm in... which is the best thing that's ever happened to me. We're darn happy and hope to keep it that way. And we aren't "online" anymore, either.
Old October 11th, 2001, 02:03 PM   #17
Minty_Femme

I agree online relationships are VERY hard to maintain. I have tried a few online relationships but got hurt too. When I met the love of my life online I really wasn't looking for anyone. Our relationship was only "online" for 5 mins (well maybe more). We met in person less then 24 hours after we had met online. I was still thinking "Cool I'll have a friend I chat with that I can see in person every now and then" when Randomchaos43 agreed to make about a 2 hour trip.. it only took her an hour and a half. Now 7 and 1/2 months later Random still makes the trip but more often. I can talk of living together now and Random doesn't "run" LOL. Maybe we will live together soon. My son was ready for Random to live with us like 5 months after we started dating LOL. I think what has made mine and Random's relationship work is trying to keep it "off-line" as much as possible. We do use the web as a way to communicate daily when she isn't here but we save the "good" stuff for in person
Minty_Femme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2001, 03:18 PM   #18
QuietWoman

Awwwwwwwww (((((((Rip)))))))

Isn't that great? Well, funnily enough, I have a wonderful relatioship too, which is also the best thing that ever happened. And a lot of that has been online, over the years.

But we do try to be together most of the time these days
QuietWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2001, 10:25 AM   #19
Motown
chocolate tester

((Minty)) sounds like a good deal.

I have met a lot of people online who I feel very lucky to have met. If I had stayed on the phone, I would have missed them all!

((Quiet)) I have used the chat to stay n touch with *other*..
It works so well

Online chat is a great tool for communicating. Carefully done, everyone here is **proof** that the Net has something for everyone

(((TheWonder))) Congrats babe on your marriage ! When is it?

I know you will have an exciting life !

My your way always be lit by the lamp of love, and may your lamp always be held by your "other"

Motown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2002, 12:24 PM   #20
Gabrielle

I met someone online not that long ago. We talked online for a while and then on the phone. Pretty soon it was obvious we had to meet. I drove to another state.....and when we met it was love at first site...or so we thought. We had a great first week...she proposed marriage and I accepted. I had to come back home after that first week. I was home for a whole 4 days before going back down there. Spent another week down there and when I came back..she came with me to help me pack my belongings and move me to her home. We lasted three weeks. We moved too fast....but we are still friends....and I'm sure we will be for a long time to come. We are still "working" on the relationship but for now....just friends. Even after the heartbreak I still love her with all my heart and always will no matter if we are just friends or are "together" She's my sweetie either way.
Old April 19th, 2002, 06:25 PM   #21
Ayla

Ooh how I understand

I agree with Gabrielle..... in order for an online relationship (in fact any relationship) I am in, to work, the key is TAKE LOTS OF TIME. I too have been in at least 1 online relationship. I enjoyed every second of it and leaned lots from that experience. Friendship after breakup is not always easy to obtain.... but time..... and a genuine respect for each other.... and who knows what the future will accomplish.

<font color=red>
Old April 20th, 2002, 09:58 AM   #22
Sunshine
Let the sunshine in!

Alya, what true statements you brought to the board! Thanks! Sunshine!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2002, 07:28 PM   #23
pagandeeva

My Best Friend - An Online/Offline Story

I will tell you a sweet yet short story regarding how I met the woman who is now the best friend I've ever had. I had placed an ad on the internet, looking for romance (I am a lesbian, by the way). This woman answered my ad. She is transgendered and told me this in her first email to me. I didn't care about that - she sounded like a very nice person. Since we lived in the same town, we scheduled a meeting. When we met, we came to the conclusion that romance was not going to be part of the relationship, however, we got along really well.
To cut to the chase, I have now known this woman for three years. We spend a lot of time together, we work together, and recently even moved from our original town to a new state together - not in the same house by the way, but close by.
I believe that meeting her was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am grateful to the internet for bringing her into my life - she has changed my life for the better, and I believe I have changed hers as well.
A lot of people have asked why we don't try something romantic...but we both believe that it would be bad for what we have, and that friends are the most important thing.
Old July 4th, 2002, 10:18 AM   #24
Angel_Wolf

Wink Wow!

I am so happy for you! Not many people are that lucky. Yet I have been blessed by those who I have met in the chat room for the last 3 1/2 years. Those sweet (((((Roomies))))) have made a difference in my life. Which if not for them would of been different and more pointedly worse than I can imagine. So give yourselves a pat on the back for realizing what is important. Friendships! You can always pick your friends but not your family but isn't your friends like family too? Well for me there isn't much difference. Have a great day!
Angel_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2002, 11:57 AM   #25
DNA

Cool

There is a Yahoo group for Lesbians in a Long Distant Relationship at :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lesbia...endship_group/
DNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2003, 12:01 PM   #26
cherie

Online Relationship

Personally I don't advocate that people should get serious about online relationship. Having said that, after 5 years of chat & having come across thousands of guys, I've scored some experience points in this area. I can now tell the real nice genuine guys from the deceitful ones just from the way these guys conduct a conversation. As with all relationship, if anyone hopes to find love online, BE very careful and proceed with caution. However, on a more positive note, I have myself met my partner through online chat. Interestingly, we were both located in opposite sides of the globe (well almost). We've met twice and it's been almost 2 years since we started chatting and we are still feel pretty much for each other. He will be joining me soon where I am. We both would like to give it a try. It will require a lot of guts and a large dose of consideration and patience to make it work as we're both of different racial background. However, we are not banking everything on too much cos we understand that being and living together is never the same as a long distance relationship. We want to be realistic about it.
cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2003, 06:53 PM   #27
annebebe

Heartfelt wishes, Cherie. I hope it is all you dream for
Old February 27th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #28
Tacoma32

It has been sometime.... got lost.... and still trying to find my way

I started out chatting on Talkcity where I had found some wonderful friends that I never had the chance to meet in person unfortunitly. but I too met a wonderful girl on the internet... at the time I thought the world revolved around her. I pretty much gave up my whole being, family and friends just to be with her....She was my first....She never had to lift a finger financially. I was the sole provider of our little family. I even went as far as to change alot about myself, all for the better of course but things turned ugly after 7 years....which still I don't understand how? What didn't I do... What didn't I say... How after many years together can you tell someone that you are not in Love with them.... I thought women were more compasionate.... 7 years is along time I would think to dedicate to one person....Especially when you find out that this person was never in love with you from the start....Now I find myself lost....Not knowing what to do next.... Trusting another person seems to be impossible..... I was hoping that someone out there can share some insight with me... cause I just can't figure it out.....
Old April 9th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #29
muffin

I have met some great guys online and i've met a few of them in person. Some of them I found myself liking them more and the others i found out that they completly lied to me about almost everything. But you are going to run into those people anyways. I think that if you are destined to be together then it really doesn't matter if you meet online or in a park.I have learnt quite a bit from my online relationships. But i still understand how people fall in love online.
muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #30
TaintedEyes

Is this the same Tacoma that I know??