Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old January 12th, 2001, 10:57 PM   #1
ShadowWOW

Your best friend, your worst nightmare or somewhere in the middle? Let's talk about our relationships with our siblings!
ShadowWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:52 PM   #2
~Hummingbird~

I rarely see my male siblings but have a wonderful relationship with my sister, she is my bestest friend and knows me far better than anyone else.
~Hummingbird~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #3
rosannehow

I have one brother and have no relationship with him at all and have not for 40 years. He lives in Australia and given the way he treated my parents and when my mother passed we called him' given the way he acted I have no use for him harsh as that may sound. after my mother's death my father never heard from him.
rosannehow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:19 AM   #4
Napolitana <3

Its sad but i only have an onler brother and we really dont talk too often and he only lives 10 min. away i pretty much only see him when he comes to use our pool...( i live in apts. ) other then that i never see him...its always been like that, when we were little i always wanted to go out with him and play with him and he never wanted to...then he ended up dating my friend (they r still together 7 years) but that only pushed him further away from me and i lost a friend...now he just calls to check that im ok his good about being protective but never wanted to b my friend ....
Napolitana <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:27 PM   #5
rjsfeminist

I have one sister and had a brother. Brother died last year. He had pretty much scared off most of the family; I hadn't seen him in maybe 15 years. (He was actually pretty scary...I'll leave it at that.) My sister and I talk on the phone every couple of months (she lives cross-country). I wish we were closer...
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2008, 08:48 AM   #6
Napolitana <3

the way things r going in this country family is all we have! i wish he would give me a chance and now that im engaged he calls me even less ( i dont think he likes my finace) whatever its sad
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #7
Tiffin
Mistress of HandCrafted

I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. I'm only close to one of my sisters.

Although I love the other siblings and they love me we are not close, never have been. We don't have the same interests in life. Plus 4 of us live in totally different states. And those who live in the same state live in different communities of from 15 to 40 miles apart.

Maybe it has to do with the way a family grows up, if your close as children you remain close as adults.
Old June 28th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #8
CANDIL

Unhappy

I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers, one sister as most of you know is a twin.

The death of our father and the fact that my little brother was the baby has torn my family apart. My brother took over the family business (and virtually ruined it) and our mother. Having said that, mother is in ill health and has had a couple of "episodes" we all rally round our mother and things will almost be the same as they used to be. But then mother will get better and I never hear from any of them until they need me to take her to the dr. or anyplace she wants to go that they don't... which is why I am making the trip to Minnesota in July. Mother wants to see the grave of her sister since she wasn't able to be there for the funeral.

The sad part is we always had such wonderful times when all of us were together, Xmas was particularly a great time for us all. Now my Xmas day consists of my mother in law briefly, my two children and my hubby. Needless to say Xmas is VERY depressing.

Even my twin... my twin has totally messed up her life... I helped bail her out several times even put myself in peril for her. I simply got tired of trying to help someone who would not help herself.
CANDIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:20 PM   #9
Foreverauntie
The Complex World of Me!

I have 4 sisters. My two oldest sisters are from a different father. My dad adopted them. But my oldest sister looks at us as half siblings now, do to her drug and alcohol habit. She ruins everything she touches. It has been going on ever since I was 7 yrs. old. I have learned to love her from a distance. She is not allowed in my world. We have had to pay for the things she has done to us. I physically and mentally can't pay anymore. My other 3 sisters and I, we are wierdly close. We always are in each others life, for good or for the bad.
Foreverauntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #10
Napolitana <3

(((((((FOREVER)))) its great that u have the closeness of ur other sisters to make u stronger
Old July 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM   #11
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

I have a sister who is almost 7 years younger than me. She gave birth to a 4pound 14 ounce baby girl last night. 7 1/2 weeks early. Both mom and baby are doing well. Baby will have to remain in NICU for 10 days or so to make sure she is gaining weight and not struggling. My sister will be in the hospital for about four days. Her uterus had a hole in it, and well... by the grace of a higher power, neither one was affected by that!
They did some cleaniing up surgery after the baby was born, and all is well!

HUGS!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:07 PM   #12
Napolitana <3

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!
thats GREAT PBS!!!!! congratulations to ur sister!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM   #13
IRISH_EYES_99

Thank Heavens that they both made it. Bless the new mom, and baby girl* ((((((PBS )))))) Congrats aunty
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM   #14
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((PBS,Sister, and baby)))))) What wonderful news. Congrates. Hopes and prays for a long life for the little one.
Old July 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #15
nut#3

((PBS))Congrat's. ((PBS RL SIS/Baby)). Had a niece that had same thing happen, hole in uterus. Pray your sis heals fine and dandy and that baby does well and prosper's! Again, congrats!
nut#3 is offline   Reply With Quote