Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old July 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #16
nut#3

Regarding Siblings. This roomie has been blessed with many. My parents had six. Divorced and each remarried. Got two brothers and three sisters there. All the original siblings and I are pretty close...no, really close. And I truely love the two gained when my mother remarried. Never really got to know the three gained from dads nuptuals, hence we're not close at all.

Lost one sister in 1998. Always knew family was important, but never hang the phone up now or say goodbye in person without knowing some of the last words they heard from me was "I love you". Have truely been blessed with an awsome set of siblings! May God bless each and everyone of them, and all of you. Hope that last statement doesn't offend anybody. ((roomies))
nut#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #17
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((((( nut3 & your family )))))))))))),
No offence. Some refer to as a "Higher Power" some refer "God" whatever you choose is correct for you. Don't worry about offending with that.

Saying God Bless is a heck of of lot better than some of the things that could get said. <G> Take care. I like your family 2
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #18
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

((((((((((((((EVERYONE))))))))))))))))))))

thanks to everyone!! She's SOOO cute! LOL...course i might be prejudiced on that one! LOL. But... an update... my sister is out of the hospital a day early...and they got to hold and feed the baby today for the first time!! Everyone is doing well, and baby is doing GREAT!
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM   #19
Napolitana <3

aww thats great PBS!
Napolitana <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #20
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

((((((((((((((((PBS)))))))))))))) I am so happy for you and your now expained family!! You are allowed to think she is the cutest. I know that I got to finally see my new granddaughter at the age of 5 months and I feel she is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Those big blue eyes just make me melt. Okay, so I am a proud grandma. But I must say that each of my grandchildren have been better looking than the last one. Or is that just me?
Old July 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #21
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

ROTFL!! you crack me up crazymomma!!

Well, i'm hoping to get to see baby, momma and dad in early august. Depends on the whole car thing though. UGH!
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:04 PM   #22
Sara1980

Well I'm the only girl out of 7 children.I'd like to say we are close, but the closeness comes and goes and there's always one of my brothers I don't seem to spend enouch time with.They can be a handful but offcourse couldn't do with out them.
Sara1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM   #23
audiobrunette

I am 4th of 8 kids, ages 28 to 44. I love all my siblings, but am closest emotionally & geographically to one of my sisters.
In a big family, there are all different types & dramas. We get along, but there are sometimes disagreements etc..
I thank God every day for all my siblings. There is nothing like having a large family!!! We are all friends for life!
audiobrunette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM   #24
DLC55
You owe me for this!

My neice told me this weekend that since I moved away, her mom has actually grown up some.She didn't have much to say about my other sisters. My brother decided he wanted to talk late into the night about our parents. It's amazing how different each of us remembers things. It's almost like each of us were raised by a different set of parents. Of course it could be because I was such a daddy's girl growing up and never got into any trouble!
DLC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:35 PM   #25
olivetan222

i have 3 sisters. i am closer to the one closest in age to me. We get along so well and i could never iamgine getting mad or upset with her. It is really ironic considering the fact that when we were little, all we did was fight!
olivetan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #26
JustADream21

My sister is two years older than me and we used to not get along well but now that we are older we have become close friends. I think it was difficult because we went to the same private high school and the same college so there was always a competitive tension. Now I live in Los Angeles and she is in New York. Now we cherish the time we can share together
JustADream21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #27
Perfectbeat

i have three older sisters and i have a great relationship with all of them. I can tell my 2nd youngest sister everything and it's hard to believe that when we were young, we absolutely hated each other!
Perfectbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #28
Nimue

I had a younger brother and sister but growing up it felt like I shared our house with strangers. I haven't seen nor talked to my sister in over five years and honestly I wouldn't want to. She was not a nice person. My brother lived his own life also and has been in a coma for over seven weeks. I haven't gone to see him, I really don't feel any connection there. I am connected with my Mother and Father and I love them and accept their faults but I feel like I have never had my own life. I feel very torn, part of me really needs to move away and find my own life but my parents are aging and I feel very torn about leaving them and loosing them that way.
Nimue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #29
IRISH_EYES_99

Nimue,

That's a very hard call. Personal on how you handle it.

How about setting your parents up with cell phones. That way you can stay connected. Check out the various plans that are offered and go from there.

Good luck on whatever decision you make.
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:11 PM   #30
rosannehow

Nimue, I czan relate to having a sibling I have not talked to in years. I have a brother who lives in Australia and I have not talked to him since 1975 when we called him from Florida to tell him about my mother's death. I was so angry with his reaction I wouldnot tell my father how I felt about my conversation with my brother. Onmy father's request when he passed I did not contact my brother and have had no contact withhim since. My brother couldnot even talk to my father nor send a card consolinghim. An extremely self-centered selfish uncaring man.
rosannehow is offline   Reply With Quote