Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Politics

Old October 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM   #1
NewsPoster
WOW News Poster

Ohio: "Vote Early, Vote Obama"

One-Stop Early Voting is off to a great start in Ohio. Yesterday, the first day of early voting, John Legend held a series of rallies and performances to encourage Ohioans to get registered and vote early. John visited Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati, along with his hometown of Springfield.
In front of a crowd of many long-time friends and family, John was introduced by his mother, who gave a rousing singing performance herself before talking about raising her child in Springfield. The occasion resonated even more potently for local Neighborhood Team Leader Mitchell, who started the Obama grass roots organization in Springfield out of her own home.

...Between songs during the performance, and after meeting with the crowd, John encouraged the people of the Springfield area to get registered and vote early. As he said over and over, he wanted to come back to Ohio because it's time the Buckeye state went "blue for Obama."
All across the states people are excited to early vote in Ohio. In Franklin County along over 30 Ohio State University students camped out in front of the Veterans Memorial to be the first in Columbus to early vote.
In Montgomery County, the local Board of Elections held very early vote hours and Chris, an Obama supporter and volunteer cast his ballot as the first to vote for Barack in Ohio.
And in Chillicothe, supporters woke up early to to get coffee and then march as a group to vote early. They even brought homemade signs to urge other to "vote early, vote Obama."
Voters in Ohio shared their stories of voting early with the campaign. Here's what just a few supporters had to say...
"My husband and I voted today in Cincinnati, Ohio. The process was well explained and simple and there were plenty of trained workers on hand to help. I would definitely vote early again, given the opportunity."

"I voted at 1:05 p.m.; ran over during lunch break (I work downtown); I was out by 1:40 p.m... It all went smoothly and I hope everyone makes an honest effort to get out early and vote and help deliver this state for Barack and Joe."

"It was a piece of cake! There quite a few people there, they seemed very excited and relieved that the day had fianally arrived when they could cast their vote for Obama!"

"I went to Franklin County's early voting site at Veteran's Memorial. There were no long lines, the poll workers were helpful, and it was nothing but a positive experience. It sounds odd, but I thought that by voting early I'd be missing out on the experience and excitement of casting my vote on November 4th. Voting early turned out to be an energizing experience that I would do over again if I had the chance. I was able to cast a paper ballot in person and even received the 'I voted today' sticker!"
Find your early vote location and vote today. If you know anyone who isn't registered yet, be sure to tell them about One-Stop Early Voting.

More...
NewsPoster is offline   Reply With Quote