Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Politics

Old October 7th, 2008, 12:53 AM   #1
NewsPoster
WOW News Poster

"Hillary goes to bat for Obama and party"

USA Today reports on Bill and Hilary Clinton's recent efforts in support of Barack Obama:
Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton has raised more than $8 million for former rival Barack Obama's presidential campaign since July and plans to barnstorm the country for even more cash, as the New York senator works to show she is aggressively helping the candidate who cut short her White House bid.

"I am using every tool that I have to help Democrats win," Clinton told USA TODAY. She was between fundraising events in Texas and California that brought in another $1.5 million for Obama and congressional candidates on Friday and Saturday.

Later this month, Clinton will headline Obama fundraisers in Chicago, Philadelphia and Little Rock along with 11 events to raise money for Democratic congressional candidates and state parties.

... The former first lady said in the interview late Friday that her goal is straightforward: "We have a lot to repair in America, and I believe that Democratic leadership is essential to fixing the damage that we are going to inherit."
... "I'm looking forward to going to the White House someday and standing there when President Obama signs a bill guaranteeing quality, affordable health care for every American," she said, citing an issue that was a signature of her campaign

... Clinton has hit 40 campaign events for Obama in battleground states from New Hampshire to Nevada in the past two months.
Last Wednesday, Bill Clinton made his first campaign stop for Barack Obama in Orlando, Florida. In front of an enthusiastic crowd at the University of Central Florida, he urged voters to support Obama, saying:
He's got better answers -- better answers for the economy, for energy, for healthcare, for education. He knows what it will take to get this country back on track.
Here's the full video of Bill Clinton's speech:

More...
NewsPoster is offline   Reply With Quote