Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM   #1
melissabee

Separation

I have found WOW today. A day that i desperately need to connect. My husband and I have been together 12 years and married 10. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter. We have been going through struggles throughout our marriage, but I thought we would just continue to get through them as a married couple. He does not want to be my life partner, but a very good friend if possible, especially for our daughter. He is a good, kind, amazing person and this absolutely breaks my heart. We love each other. I am not sure how I am going to move on. I see no light at the end of the dark, sad tunnel. It is a lonely time. I am scared. I never thought I would be facing divorce. I thought I married my soul mate.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:20 PM   #2
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

aw melissa, do you have family and friends in the area?? ONe of the things I found most important to me when I was going through my divorce and a few years ago when I broke up with the man I had been with for 9 years, was that I needed the support and comfort and companionship of people who loved me. I am so sorry for your pain.
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #3
rjsfeminist

(((Melissabee))) I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. Divorce is not an easy thing to go through. If you have friends and/or family nearby who are understanding, that can help. Also, if you feel comfortable here (and this is a great online community of caring women), you're sure to find people here who understand what you're going through.
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #4
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

(((( Melissabee)))) I can only echo what has been said already. When I was divorced the first time, I got my final decree the day my ex married someone else. I sat in my new apartment kitchen and cried it felt like for hours. Now after more than 20 years have pasted, I feels as if it was the best thing for me.
My daughter learned from my mistake and she waited til she was almost 25 to get married. This year her and her husband will be married 11 years. I still don't like him but she loves himand that is what counts.
If the 2 of you are meant to be together it will work out. If not please come here and talk to use. We all are good listener and love to give a hug and a hand when needed.
Old November 26th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #5
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

(((((( Melissabee )))))) Yes come here anytime! We also have chat room where you can chat about whatever you wish as well. Although watch out for the duct tape. We are a silly riotous bunch of Ladies who will wrap you up and help you thru this time. Remember we are women thus stronger than steel aka Steel Magnolias! I have been divorced and remarried, yet this marriage is heading down the path towards separation or whatever. So I can understand what you are going thru. So feel free to post anytime. Best of luck!

Hugs