Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Religion & Spirituality

Old April 25th, 2001, 01:29 PM   #46
LiamFan!

hey, fishead! come on now...what's your interpretation? <g>

No, I didn't eat before bed, nor did I watch Willy Wonka, ya goof.

I usually have dreams that are at this level of complexity/plot development/recall. I'm kind of proud of it! I tell people, I used to have a shrink that loved hearing my dreams...LOL
Old April 25th, 2001, 02:36 PM   #47
fishead

seet down un de couch I vill tuie to eggschblain

Alright, since you insist.
I have to start with a disclaimer and say that I stayed with the main themes. Your dream had Sooooo much going on in it. Personally, I think this is reflective of high intelligence or high anxiety.
Sticking with the classic dream interpretations I am going to say that you were resolving inner conflicts.
The "3rd Ward" sees to be representative of your life as a whole (full of markets) the turns that you take in the car are the paths that you have chosen. The guy on the scooter may be guilt/unresolved guilt that is with you wherever you turn. When you follow him home you are trying to understand him and find this cult-like atmosphere you appear to associate this with false personalities. I think this may represent throwing out the guilt and realizing that your first impression (about scooter-boy)was correct and that you wish to re-adopt these feelings and are angry that you were forced to feel that guilt. The food may represent hunger (real or referred) in that you may seek something in your life to fill you (ie relationship of any kind). This Drew person and y our reaction to their enthrallment with the others may indicate your fear of loosing this person or loosing out on being Drews priority. I suspect you are searching for Rick because you are wanting to get to know this person better or want to get to know some emotion that he is representing.

Old April 25th, 2001, 02:40 PM   #48
LiamFan!

very interesting!!

I especially like the part about high intelligence...

Seriously, though, thanks for your take! I think when people give their interpretation of others' dreams, it also gives the dreamer ideas on different areas to focus on in the dream.

Thanks, fishead!
Old April 26th, 2001, 02:49 PM   #49
fishead

Hey Liam
Any more "mini-series" length dreams?
Old April 26th, 2001, 03:09 PM   #50
LiamFan!

Well, not last night.

The last couple mornings I've awaken with a vague memory, but nothing of substance...

As soon as I have something, I'll be back!
Old April 27th, 2001, 09:13 PM   #51
roo

I feel dreamm challenged now. I know I dream because I talk in my sleep. I have only remembered the occasional dream. y dreams lack depth. I think I will go watch a scary movie then report y dreams to you tomorrow
Old April 27th, 2001, 11:27 PM   #52
shergo

This is a great thread!

I don't usually remember much about my dreams, just that I had them, but in the last few weeks I have had dreams that I remember a lot about. I had an especially vivid dream a couple of weeks ago, and it has been disturbing me ever since. I remember I was in a somewhat foreign place with my ex, who was my ex in the dream, too. He was very solicitous of me (as he actually is in real life). It was very hot inside, although I knew it was terribly cold outside, and my coat was on the seat behind me. Someone stole my coat somehow without my realizing it. I remember telling my mother and my ex about it, and my mother told me not to worry because I would get it back. Meanwhile there was a huge chasm with another city on the other side (even though we were inside), and I could hear my son calling me from the other side, but I couldn't reach him. There was no way to cross the chasm. But my mother was also over there, and she was urging me to get over there to them. Finally, I found a very long, steep set of stairs to the other side, and I climbed them, but when I got to the top, I couldn't find my mother or my son. I was frantic, and I was crying to my ex, who was quite perplexed. We could hear them, but couldn't find them. I woke with a horrible sense of loss.

Now my mother has been dead for over 14 years, and my son is an exchange student in Australia. I see my ex often, and we are good friends. Any thoughts on this?
Old May 14th, 2001, 05:41 PM   #53
fishead

Angry Reoccuring Theme

I have been saving EVERYONE in my dreams for the past week or so. I swear it is wearing me out. Last night I had to save the gal with the pretty smile who fell of her bike!! Ugh!!!!! (of course this one was an easy save--the night before I was trying to heard a group of friends out of a high rise because I knew that a horriffic earthquake was getting ready to rumble). It is no wonder that I am exhausted when the alarm squaks at me in the morning.
Old May 14th, 2001, 05:54 PM   #54
fishead

((liam))-- I have hazey recollections from time to time as well. Don't worry, remembering your nocturnal flicks will return!
((roo))--What scarey movie did you watch? I avoid those goofy things--it's not that they produce nightmares rather I have to peel my fingers off of the armrests of the couch
Old May 14th, 2001, 07:38 PM   #55
Terri

I dreamed a long dream about horses. I can't remember specifically but it was a pleasant dream, riding and feeding horses. I remember I had to feed the horses oats and I could not use the feedbags because I had to leave and I would not be back anytime soon to remove them. I was distressed beacause they would not get their oats, and you cannot scatter them on the ground so I poured them into a galvanized bucket and hung it on a nail for them. Problem solving in dreams.
Old May 14th, 2001, 07:39 PM   #56
k-kane

the best dream analysis always happens in a dialogue form. i don't believe there are certain dream elements that represent certain things, but rather that each dream element has a myriad of *personal* associations. what i associate with a knife, of a supermarket, or a cat, will be different from what someone else associates with these things. it is through exploring these associations that dream analysis yields its most interesting stuff. i guess that's why i'm a freudian and not a jungian.
k-kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2001, 10:15 AM   #57
Karat

Wink DREAMS

Forgive me if I don't do this right.(I am a newbie to this) interpreting dreams has always been of interest to me... would love to do more research on dreams .. and I really think that they tell us something about us... I use to have a re-occuring dream about being Joan of Arc... being burned at the stake... never did figure that one out! I had a dream about 2 weeks ago, that my mother said "I am sorry"
still thinking about that one... cuz she never said that....
and she has been dead 22 yrs.
Karat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2001, 05:13 PM   #58
DrHilieWho

Wow Karat. Did you get a chance to say anything back?
Old August 14th, 2001, 12:53 PM   #59
tupi

I love dreams. Sometimes I look forward to sleeping just so I can relish my dreams. So, I really enjoy interpreting the dreams, too. I use a couple of online sites for dream dictionaries. Every single piece of a dream must be considered, and in the context of the dream. How accurate are they? I have no idea. I only do it for fun, but it has helped me often to understand some of my own feelings and to resolve issues.

Karat, when dreaming about apologies that can mean exactly that..an apology. In your case, I would generally think it means you know it's time to simply forgive your mother for the past and get on with other more important current relationships. Apologies in dreams are indicitive of new friendships; they are a means of accepting new people in your life and letting old friendships rest.

The burning at the stake can mean so many things. Fires generally mean something to do with prosperity or success. To be set on fire might indicate an inner fear of being taken advantage of in some kind of money deal. To dream about another being another person, like Saint Joan, may be an indication that your feeling threatened by something like a business arrangement or some sort of large investment that if it fails you're afraid you'll be blamed for.

I dreamed last night that a man asked me why I was wearing jeans and an Oxford shirt. He was hinting that I was dressed like that to seduce him, and I didn't deny it. I wish I hadn't woke up..I'd like to have known if I was successful.
tupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2001, 01:24 PM   #60
kathe nichols

Two nights ago, I dreamed that one or more of our cats was lost. They came back, and so did our dog (who's been dead about a year). Another dog "came back" with them, even though it wasn't a dog we've ever owned. It was covered in green furry stuff that turned out to be weeds or grass. When I realized this, I started to peel off the grass - most of it came off like sod, but a few had roots down through the dog's skin. The dog was dirt brown under the grass, but I was sure it would be "dachshund red" when it got exposed to sun...

Last night, I showed bad old movies to myself all night. At least that's what I was thinking every time I woke up!