Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Family Issues

Old December 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #1
nikkigate6

Weird family situation

so my brother, whos 20, is living at home. Recently hes gotten pretty serious with a girl and shes pretty much moved in. Being the only female in my household, im fairly territorial about stuff like my shampoo, pads ,tampons etc. I've noticed shes been using my stuff and hasnt asked me about it at all, do i ignore or should i say something?
nikkigate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi Nikki,
I would definitely say something to her, especially when it involves your personal hygiene things!
Jennifer
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi Nikki,
I would definitely say something to her, especially when it involves your personal hygiene things!
Jennifer
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

I totally agree! Everyone has personal stuff that others should respect and have the decency to ask first. Hence put your stuff in a carry all bag which I do and then mark it with your name. Then inform her just taking without asking is considered stealing. Hence you need to use something of mine then ask. I hope this helps.
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM   #5
chajan14

Oh. I can relate with you on this situation. What I mean, with my brother's girl moving in, there are some stuff that she tends to touch without asking my permission. And that's not a pleasant experience at all. What I did was tell my brother about it and he was able to tell her girl. That spares me some awkward interaction with her.
chajan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #6
sistergirl

Why do people just think they can help themselves to other peoples stuff!?? Mind bogling to me. There are some good ideas here and choosing one that is in your comfort level should fix the problem. Good luck and hope she gets the message!
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote