Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old March 14th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Knaye

Still in pain...

I am new to this site but I really need to get this out. I am not in a relationship anymore as I was in one 7 months ago but till this day I still cry and I still feel the pain. The guy and I were together for 10 months before I found out that he had cheated on me 3 times. When I confronted him about it he was stil lying to me. I dont understand how it is that I am still in pain after so long I just cant believe it. I really want to let go of the past but I dont know why I am not able to. I loved him so much and I dnt thin that he loved me the way that I loved him. We still keep in contact as it gone from everyday speaking to one or twice a week. I am an emotional mess. I cant deal with the way I feel. I hate the fact that everyone thinks he is the perfect person and I know that he is not. He hurt me so much and I am struggling to deal with it.
Knaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #2
georgie

Hi Knaye,

I don't know what to say to you except think positively. My situation is completely different but the pain is still there. My tears don't stop when I am alone, but put on a different face when I see someone. Its killing me, but all I can do is hope for a better future. Believe me I can feel what you are going through.

It will take time but things will work themselves out, and you will probably look back and think how stupid I was. I wish I can follow my own advice.

Good luck!
georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Knaye

thank u

i know if it wasnt my situation i would say get over it but then when you are actually in the situation its a different take. I am trying to take this healing process a day at a time and think as positive as possible. We didnt last for a reason. There must be better and better must come. We only have the moment so for the moment I am trying to think positive.
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #4
cassandra

Let me get this right ....you dated this guy he cheated on you treated you with total disrespect used you like a doormat and you have tears for him?

Why are you even talking to him?

This man is a waste of space... While you talk to him you are letting him get to you letting him in so he can hurt again and again..

Cut loose..Put him in the past where he belongs and start building a new life without him .

I bet he isnt sitting home crying over you.
cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #5
juju2011

Id suggest to cease all communication. As long as you are staying in contact you are harboring some hope to rekindle something. If your finished there, then leave it in the past and go meet other men. There are good ones out there, ones that show respect for women and expect the same in return. You cant see whats in front of you if you are always looking back. Good luck!!
juju2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 02:42 AM   #6
Jean

Knaye,
Let him go...dont waste your time to love him. he is a non worthy man love..
Godd luck and God bless u
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Knaye

Thank you guyss soo much...I dont know why I am still holding on you guys are all right....I barely talk to him now I shouldnt even talk to him at all....I dont know why I am doing this to myself....I have said all these things to myself and to people but I havent exactly put forth the effort to change it for good.....Here we gooo....letting gooo for good.....
Old March 22nd, 2011, 11:13 PM   #8
PinkAmelia

I agree with what someone else said about ceasing all communication with him. It's very difficult to move on from a relationship when the person who hurt you is still present in your life. It will still take time, though. Just not having him around won't make the pain disappear, but it will help. And another thing? Try to keep yourself busy. Find new interests, new hobbies. Grab a magazine or a book that you've been wanting to read. Listen to some new music. Do something that doesn't remind you of him. You'll be okay, lady. You may not feel like it right now, but you are stronger than you think you are.
PinkAmelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM   #9
JANE20/20

Hi Knaye....Hi...I read your post and I'm sorry that things didn't work out.....as time moves on you'll become stronger....but learn from it....each situation good and bad always teaches us something about ourselves and others....but my advice to you is....get on with the business of living....you have your whole life in front of you....there will be another guy sooner or later.....take your time...don't rush into another relationship...trying to get over this one.....that would be a mistake......but I think that you should stop talking to your ex....go cold turkey.....

Because if you don't when he does get involved with someone...and it will happen...you're going to be hurt alll over again....don't do that to yourself....and above all...don't sleep with him that would be the worst thing that you could do...not only he doesn't have to commit to you but... as a reward he still gets to sleep with you whenever he wants....make a clean break.....and don't look back for him....

Accept it for what it is....he hurt you....

It will get better in time......
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #10
JANE20/20

As women we tend to internalize things esspecially when a relationship doesn't work out.....we want to know what the other woman looks like?....what does she have that I don't?.....what does she do for him?...what does he want with her?.....It's natural....we all usually think things like that as women....but get into yourself...if you are in college taking classes...concentrate on your grades...if not...maybe sign up for some classes....pursue your dreams...if your not already...work on becoming more financially secure....do that for yourself....get your hair done...or do it youself...do you nails (hands and feet)....get yourself a cute outfit....nothing extravagant....just something that looks good on you and that brings out you positive physical attributes.... something you feel good in....exercise....eat healthy.....

Take care of you.....
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote