Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old March 20th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #1
JANE20/20

Why do Men in 40's Date Much Younger Women?

In the past couple of years,...I have been noticing that men in their 40's are choosing women 10-20yrs younger.....most often over looking women who are also in their 40's and are more knowlegable, financially and emotionally secure....conversation wise it seems that the women that is equal in age would be the better choice.....but often times.... it's the younger woman still attending or fresh out of college that he chooses.....why is that?....is it just the physical attributes of youth?....or is it more to it than meets the eye?......

I am in my 40's and it was said that a man who is also single and and my age choose a woman who was about 10yrs younger over me....now this woman and I are about the same height and build,same occupation.....but different personalities........

I am a little bit more mature...a little more reserved....but then I have a grown son in his early 20's.....she is also single no children, probably more playful....attire...let's just say I love my jeans and fitted T's also ....but my butt is not going to be exposed when I sit down or bend over... at all....with no waist line of thong or underware in sight....hers was....and in your 30's....as a woman nobody should be able to view 1/3 of the *ss....when you sit in a chair...I mean really.......

It was said that I was too old....I thought that was funny.....because the man is the same age as I am....and I can hold my own...and I am and attractive in reasonably good shape....but I don't feel bitter because there is too much difference between this ex-coworker and me mentally....and I love who I am....and where I am....being in my 40's gives me that.......

I feel that if he choose her, then he wanted somebody....who was not secure in who she is.......

That's my personal situation..... for other women out there what do you think?......

What is your take on older men and younger women?........
JANE20/20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #2
juju2011

When I met my husband nearly a decade ago..I was 28 and he was 40. I know for me I was the one looking for maturity in a man. I had been married once before to a man my age and found it to be unsatisfying emotionally and mentally. I don't think ALL men go out looking for younger women. But I do think that a lot of men around 40 are at a point when they want some "spring in their step" if you know what I mean. I would say it isn't so much about your age as it is just finding someone who makes you happy.
juju2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2011, 02:37 AM   #3
JANE20/20

Hi Juju....thanks for your reply....I haven't been dating latlely...but just taking things in really from the sidelines....and as I look around...that really seems to be the trend now....not just for men but for women also as far as dating younger men....that's not my cup of tea however...but even though younger men have approached me....I prefer a man 40+...it's something to be said for a man that knows how to...do many things....but it's nice to have the option for a man to date.....

But as far as dating and being single....in the ads for men in their 40's...often they are looking for younger women....and I didn't really realized that was their preference until recently in the past couple of years...I have been thinking about dating and started paying attention to what was or is going on out there on the dating scene.....it looks a little crazy....
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:28 PM   #4
PinkAmelia

I think that the answer to this question would vary from man to man. I do know, however, that I have consistently dated men approximately 20 years older than me. I relate well to them, I married one of them. I feel more comfortable with them than I do with men my own age.
PinkAmelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM   #5
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

because men are fools and feel if they date younger women they will live forever.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM   #6
PinkAmelia

Talking

I just choked on my coffee! LOL
PinkAmelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:47 PM   #7
JANE20/20

Maybe they(men) do think that dating younger women is close to finding the fountain of youth....in some way......

It's just an illusion......

Mabe it's part of the mid-life crisis.....

Dating a woman that is much younger makes them look that much older.....and even though older men are more usually more financially secure....sometimes I wonder if these men feel that they can really compete physically(sexually) with men in their 20' or 30's?.......do they ever feel like they have to follow or have their much younger wives tailed....to see if they are cheating?.....I would have to think realistically speaking.... as time moves on in the relationship, those younger women probably do cheat at some point in time.....there is a difference between a man who is 25 vs a man who is 45 or 50....to a woman who is in her 20's.........

I have been in my 20's and dated a man in his 40's.....there is a difference.....and even though he was more financially secure...I was still more attracted to men closer to my own age......

Women in who are also in their 40's are most often more accepting of the natural aging process....and find men in their 40's still very attractive....gray hair, luv-handles and all.....where by alot of younger women are not attracted to older men....at all......
But may reconsider their options when it comes to money.......
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #8
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Ladies, for years we have asked this question, actually for eons! I think we should be asking why do younger women want to be with older men? Age doesn't mean wisedom, or money or even power. The last 3 men I have been with are young. They are no better or worse than older men. why do we date, live with or marry whom we do? Hell if we could find the answer to that we'd be rich.
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #9
JANE20/20

@ Crazymamma....LOL...I was just thinking this morning....my son is grown...and I'm in my 40's....and even though I've never been married or had the experience of living with a man...looking at dating and all the things that are going on.....which is a little overwhelming...(the alternative)...I'm thinking that maybe I'll go online to one of those web sites for women and order some adult Toys (vibrators)...they have different sizes and colors...and maybe a couple of videos...and let that be that...well...it doesn't exactly replace a man....but will get the job done...I guess...and there is a positive side...lol...I won't be lied to...or cheated on....and there is absolutelty no risk of sexually transmitted infections......and that's always a positive note.........

I don't know...but in reality....I guess it's slim pickens, trying to find a man over 40.....who prefer women who are also in their 40's.......
Most seem to want to play daddy a some point to a woman 20+........why is that?.......