Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > The WOW Community Cafe > Politics

Old June 21st, 2010, 01:16 PM   #1
sos_sos

Let's get to work!!!

I wish there were more brave men & women around like the brave ones of our past. The US needs to get back to living by the constitution, and stop this take-over of our country by its own people!!!! Come on you lazy people that sit around and wait for the government to give you hand-outs....get off you buts, and get to work!!!! And if you say there are no jobs, it's because of you liberals that there are few. You want these companies to spend millions of dollars to clean the air, and spend more money on making everyone happy...so they can't afford to be in business!!!! Get off you lazy buts and start your own business, and you will find out what the costs are for going green, and paying for your employees health insurance on top of that. If you'ld get rid of 80% of the lawyers out there, the health insurance costs wouldn't be so outrageous!
Get the gov. out of our business and everything will fix itself!!!

I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.

- Thomas Jefferson

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan

Benjamin Franklin
God helps them that help themselves.

Thomas Jefferson
The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.

A special Quote for Obama:

He was like a cock who thought the sun had risen to hear him crow.

- George Eliot
sos_sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Just to let you know I have always been off my butt. I was a SAHM aka Stay At Home Mom til recently. I raised three children. Oldest son and his wife in the Navy. I did volunteer for scouts and etc. Now I am working. My first job was to raise my children. Ex-husband not paying child support when he could made my life harder but we survived. Now I am going to thrive. The other two children are work in progress. Thus far I am doing what I know and happy with it. Have a great day!
Old June 22nd, 2010, 09:42 AM   #3
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

AMEN Wolfie!!! I too am a stay at home mom and I have like alot of others many health issues. However when most people hear what some of my days involve they get tired just hearing it.
Take today I have folded and put away towels done 2 other loads of wash,and drove my daughter to school for her regent exam and it's only 8:30am!! Then I still have the rest of the wash to do,dishes,go pick up my daughter,take my roommate to the dr.,take the 2 girls to the school for the last of thier exams the same time as dr.appt.,go back pick him up,then go back to the school for the girls, fix dinner by5:30and make sure the wash is done so I can go to bed and get up tomorrow at 5:15am to take the dog out and run my roommate to work!
Bull to anyone who thinks just because you don't have a job, you don't work! Oh, did I mention that between all that I need to call my doctor,call for PT,run to the drug store ect...?
As wolf_angel said , you have a nice day,but don't stand on a soap box that is too easy to kick out from under you.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:47 AM   #4
tanima1980

Ya ur right
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:18 AM   #5
sos_sos

I am also a SAHM. You're right it is a job, but unfortanately it's not one that pays well. When I say "get off your buts and work", I'm talking to the people that go out and have 10 kids with 10 different dads, and collect welfare to make their living. Our government is enabling people to do this. These people that collect off the taxpayers money have better things than my kids have. My mom works at a Salvation Arm, and she said they have to throw away canned and boxed foods that are outdated, so she brings some things home and asks if we want them. So in other words, that stuff is good enough for us, but not for the "desperate" people that "need" these things??? They pass up toys such as toy john deer tractors, but if it were a playstation they would snap it up! My kids played with tractors. The only electronic toys they own are ipods, and a playstation 2. I would bet any money that a lot of these gov supported families have a lot more than us!!!...and we can afford to have more, but we choose not to. We also do plenty of donating to good causes. We don't need the government to tell us how we have to spend our hard earned money. My husband works 60+ hours a week. I don't think the government should be taking half of his earnings because they think that they can spend it better than we will!!!! We've had difficult times too. Nobody came and gave us any handouts because we were down on our luck.... We need to look back to history, and learn from the mistakes of the past. We do not want to end up back where our forefathers got us out of. That's exactly where we are heading......Please don't kiss FREEDOM goodbye, embrace it, and hold onto it forever!!!!!
sos_sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 01:42 AM   #6
sistergirl

Sad but true that there are those who know this system inside and out and sorry to say a lot of them are foreigners who before even coming here know what they have to do to take advantage! That makes it hard for people who are hard workers and because of circumstance may need some help to get by and feel guilty for accepting any help...They paid in to the system and need a little help and feel guilty. Sad. Because the ones who are taking advantage feel nothing but joy to know there is a great country like ours that loves to pander to people who say they are in need. Sad indeed!
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #7
sistergirl

oops! Got carried away up there...
Old April 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #8
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi sister. I think that we may be in a situation in this country now that requires people (especially Latinos) to perform the manual labor jobs that the new generation doesn't want to do. Almost everyone I've talked to about this says that the work ethic from Latinos is superior to the American kids out there.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #9
sistergirl

Hi Jennifer, It makes sense because the hard workers appreciate what the dollar means and in some cases kids may be a bit spoiled growing up in a country that makes things pretty cozy.
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #10
sistergirl

I am new here and noticed not too many people are around??
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #11
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Hi sistergirl. Welcome to wow. It's a great place to make friends. It's not as busy as it use to be.
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM   #12
sistergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymomma View Post

AMEN Wolfie!!! I too am a stay at home mom and I have like alot of others many health issues. However when most people hear what some of my days involve they get tired just hearing it.
Take today I have folded and put away towels done 2 other loads of wash,and drove my daughter to school for her regent exam and it's only 8:30am!! Then I still have the rest of the wash to do,dishes,go pick up my daughter,take my roommate to the dr.,take the 2 girls to the school for the last of thier exams the same time as dr.appt.,go back pick him up,then go back to the school for the girls, fix dinner by5:30and make sure the wash is done so I can go to bed and get up tomorrow at 5:15am to take the dog out and run my roommate to work!
Bull to anyone who thinks just because you don't have a job, you don't work! Oh, did I mention that between all that I need to call my doctor,call for PT,run to the drug store ect...?
As wolf_angel said , you have a nice day,but don't stand on a soap box that is too easy to kick out from under you.

Rest in peace crazymomma.
Old July 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM   #13
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi girls. I know that it will never happen, but I say do away with political parties, so that those running for office are doing it because of their own beliefs without being tied into a party line.
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #14
IRISH_EYES_99

This country was built on the hard work of people that came from many countries. My parents came over from Ireland. They both worked very hard. They embraced this New Country as their home. They were patriotic, caring, hard working. We were taught at a very young age to appreciate were we were, and to be appreciate of this great country. It isn't one country that hard hard workers, when people came here they all worked hard. .... As far the the kids here, many many of them are working hard. My grandson at 16 does odd jobs for people, he has volunteered, he works 8/ 9 hrs every Sat. While maintaining an A average in all his subjects. My husband is over 65 & still working. I worked all my life.. stayed home for a few yrs while the kids were little, then volunteered at a local school, from there I became a teacher assistant for 20 yrs. We are not a lazy country. Granted their are some who take advantage but things will catch up with them. Oh btw I'm a liberal. I believe in hard work, I believe that people have the right to choose what is right for them as far as their lifestyle goes. May not always agree with it, but it's their life to live not mine. Don't lump everyone in the same category;; unless you wear their shoes, & live their lives. //// steps off the soap box . Offers coffee, tea, donuts & a hug to all. )
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #15
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Irish, I agree with you. I was talking about a TRUE democracy in this country, where people could actually run for office based on their own credentials; a country where candidates aren't termed left-wingers or religious right crazies, but we could vote for the person.