Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Life's Transitions

Old October 11th, 2011, 12:46 AM   #16
IRISH_EYES_99

Not getting old. My g'kids are <g> . 16, 14, soon to be 11, and 8. WOW I remember with the one going on 11... telling everyone I was heading to Okinawa to meet her. Now she's in the 5th grade. Her & her younger sister are soon to be in the play "Annie" with the 8yr old playing the part of "Molly" and the 11 yr old being in the group singing, but also having a solo & she is the understudy for "Annie"/ How cool is that. So they are getting older I'm just getting better like a fine wine improving with age. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.
Old October 11th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #17
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

LOL love it IRISH hugs
Old October 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #18
etherea

I am 58 and have never ,ever considered any kind of cosmetic "help". Oh! I lie, I dye my hair dark red but that's because I like it! If you can be happy within, the outside will take care of itself! Referring to the original poster, early 30's is way to young to be considering botox or anything. Once people start on that road it is difficult to stop. Do you want to spend the rest of your life needing some kind of procedure every time you notice a new line or what about when your tits start to head south? Be happy with who you are.....please!
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM   #19
rosamund

I'm 56 and some days I feel it. Toyed with the idea of "releasing" the gray but too chicken or too vain to do it but then I think of how freeing it would be!No more obligatory trips to the hairdresser. Haven't had botox, frankly the idea of injecting toxins into my skin creeps me out. But I find myself catching glimpse in the mirror and wondering for a fleeting instant who that stranger is looking back.
rosamund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM   #20
sistergirl

I subscribe to the same story Irish! lol

Welcome new girls.
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:15 AM   #21
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Its called a woman with grace in her face!
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #22
confusedforever
Confused Forever

Stay happy and smiling. It is one of the best remedies to fight aging or for that matter any disease.
confusedforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #23
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Or just to make those who wish you ill will mad! LOL
Old December 17th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #24
IRISH_EYES_99

Smiling does do wonders. Having a positive attitude helps defuse things that go bump in your life. A positive attitude helps you to heal faster. It's proven. So ConfusedForever you are correct. & Wolf you are too.. smiling makes people smile back & makes others wonder what you're up too. Me I'm up to about 4'11
Old December 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #25
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Roflmao (((((((( IRISH ))))))))))) Yeppers tis what keeps me moving forward and being happy. Also Thanks to all of you for your love support and kind words to kick me along the way! LOL Hugs Merry Christmas
Old December 25th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #26
neldy

I am now on the other side of 50! But I'm not old! However my body seems to showing its wear & tear...I had 2 strokes this summer & an ortic aneurysm/open heart surgery last yr, completely changed my life. Anyone in the same boat? How about thoughts on Strokes & surviving? How you cope w/the side effects? Both strokes took out a large hunk out of my verbal command ctr. I now have Aphasia-used to be a DJ, worked in TV, learned about outdoors gear & sold gear for REI & I now have difficultly
simply talking on the telephone. Lost math, reading & I'm slowly writing again. Finding this site sounds a perfect place to meet other women & practice my PT! Questions, ask. Pity-I'm to busy growing up. Advice-definitely!
neldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #27
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Well Neldy sounds like you are a strong person! Whew just reading what you went thru is a lot. Welcome to WOW! Tis a grand and awesome website. Many of us here have known each other for years. Check the message boards and reply or post. Have a great day! Merry Christmas Hugs
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #28
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Neldy, the cool thing is that you haven't given up. Keep on keepin' on! And Wolfie is right - you are a strong person. I hope someone here that reads your post and is in a postion to give you some good advice and encouragement will. I can just root for you!
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #29
neldy

Wolf angel, thank you, I use a my "midwe" Ojibwe prayer similar to how you close your posts, powerful! Makes me happy to know other use it.
Old December 26th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #30
neldy

Jennifer23
Energy of yours is contagious, keep it! Thanks for the encouragement!