Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Mental Health

Old September 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1
doe63

Need advice and help on me....

Could use everyone's advice. I've always been known as a kind, caring, sweet person. Lately I find myself angry, bitter, resentful, and just bitchy. I know why I started feeling this way, but I don't think it's important why, I just know I have to go back to the old me, I don't like this new me. I feel so disappointed in the human race, I can't help it. Anyone ever feel like this, and what helped you to overcome it.
Any advice or direction is appreciated.
doe63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #2
sistergirl

Hi doe, I emailed you....I think it is important to know why all of a sudden you've decided that being a good and helpful person is no longer who you are. That is sad! If you can talk more about what changed you then maybe we can help try to get you back to where you once were and want to be.
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #3
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

((( Doe63 )))) Yes the reason why is important! Maybe you dont wish to share here but that is understandable. A few years ago I was having anxiety attacks. I had to figure out the why. Once I did, dealt with it, I had no more anxiety attacks. Mind you each person and situation is unique. There are those who needs meds for anxiety and etc. So I hope this helps you realize the importance of the why. Hugs
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #4
doe63

Hi Sistergirl
I know why and when I changed. It's a long story, but the short story is, someone very close to me made me feel that I was second and not a priority. I can't seem to move on and forgive certain people because I feel they screwed up my nice little perfect world. kicked the pedastal right out from under me. Now I find I don't want to care about anyone, and I am disgusted with the human race and the games they play.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #5
doe63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf_angel View Post
((( Doe63 )))) Yes the reason why is important! Maybe you dont wish to share here but that is understandable. A few years ago I was having anxiety attacks. I had to figure out the why. Once I did, dealt with it, I had no more anxiety attacks. Mind you each person and situation is unique. There are those who needs meds for anxiety and etc. So I hope this helps you realize the importance of the why. Hugs

Hi Wolf Angel,
I like your signature. That's exactly what i used to believe and how I looked at the world. I find it very hard to do that now.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

((( Doe )))) Been there done that....so I am focusing on myself. To stay positive because it ticks those others off really bad. LOL I am not a victim for them anymore. I am making my own happiness. Which again ticks those others off. LOL My motto is that I am going to be HAPPY! Why cause I like the way I feel. I like the positive side of myself. I like the fact I am moving forward. I like the fact I am a survivor not a victim. So go find out what makes you happy. Do it! For it makes those others upset annoyed ticked off that they cant keep a good person down! LOL Hugs hope this helps as it was meant too!
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #7
IRISH_EYES_99

I hear the hurt, feel the pain. It's hard to have someone pull the rug out from under you.
Don't let this person,(s) change who you are. Sometimes you just have to put this person in the background. You know who you are. Sorry that you are going through this
Doe.. Don't let one person dictate who you are.
Good luck, hang in there Keep coming back let us know how you are doing.

? Do you have a trusted friend, or family member that you can talk this over with. We are here we listen.. ((((((((( Doe ))))))))
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #8
sistergirl

doe girl...I think, NO...I know that when one person can make another feel that low it is because your self esteem is not in tact. I was that person. Everyone's opinion mattered to me. I was once told by a counselor (please pay attention to this) that I didn't value others opinions, I RELIED on them! How's that for a wake up call! That made so much sense to me and by the way...was true. Not any more.

So....what Wolie said!
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #9
doe63

Thanks guys.
it's not so much that I think poorly of myself. I do have self esteem issues, always have, this is different. This is someone hurt me, and I haven't been able to get over it, I never expected them to ever hurt me, and therefore, i find myself just not caring about other people. Instead of seeing someone hurting and going," oh poor thing, wonder what brought her to this point." it's now, " Good, wonder what she did to deserve that. She got what she deserved."
If my analogy above doesn't make sense, sorry.

I don't have any one to talk to. I'm a very private person.
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #10
sistergirl

Well now you do.
Old September 18th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #11
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Yes what sistergirl said! Doe you stated " Good, wonder what she did to deserve that. She got what she deserved."
I believe that is bs. Meaning no one deserves anything bad happening to them. That is the person(s) who caused the harm thoughts. But its not mine or others. They got you where they wanted to for you arent happy and etc. This is based off your posts and etc ok? But I just get mad and think that easily could of been me. The Worst Case Scenario is landing in the hospital or smiling moving forward with my own agenda and plans. Well I am doing the latter one. Smiling, moving forward, with my own agenda. Guess what? Its ticking those others off cause I am NOT their Victim! So what if its making them mad? I dont care for they dont care about me hence not my friend or family to be considered important to incorporate into my agenda. Twas their own choice not mine. So they made the pot of stew they are sitting in which smells so bad! LOL So if I am off target here let me know ok? No big deal. Yet I will say that I realized in my own way what the end of the path would be depending on what I did or reacted too. Those that really care about you, want the best for you. Will help you in whatever way they can to help you achieve it. Now are those other people doing this? Or not? Well you know the answer. Tis your choice what to do how you react and what you will do in the future. I hope this helps as it was meant too. Hugs
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #12
Jayni

Doe63; You now have one more person to talk to anytime you wish First of all...i think the reason why you are feeling a certain way is very important....i can imagine how it must feel to be hurt by this person; what i have found to help me in the past is to allow myself to indulge in these feelings. I don't mean you should go around feeling sad or angry all the time but rather then trying to fix it right away it is important to go through the process of healing (as i call it). When i was hurt in a past relationship i did things that helped me process my feelings; for example i love nature so i used to go sit by the lake for a few hours early in the mornings and just sit or write down how i felt. Other times i would just sit and treat my self to a good book and a good snack by the lake.

"I know why and when I changed. It's a long story, but the short story is, someone very close to me made me feel that I was second and not a priority. I can't seem to move on and forgive certain people because I feel they screwed up my nice little perfect world. kicked the pedastal right out from under me. Now I find I don't want to care about anyone, and I am disgusted with the human race and the games they play"

To refere to your comment above; i feel it is important to realize that this change in your attitude is not permanent. After spending many, many, many nights crying myself to sleep i realized that a person can only cry so much It will get better; please just don't hate the human race because of this one person! If anything; this is the time to realize how beautiful the human race is....no one person is the exact same; so i promise...there will always be someone better than this person.
Jayni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #13
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Nicely said Jayni! Doe re-read what you need. For it will help and thus you can change how you feel and etc. Have a great day!
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #14
doe63

Thanks everyone. It's been a little more than a year since this all came about. I guess I am just getting a little impatient. Part of me wants to go back to who I was and how I viewed things, but another part wants to stay like this to protect me from future hurt. It's a battle inside that sometimes brings me down. I'm sure that one day I will get over it and get back to my normal self, I'm just afraid it could be years.
Thanks for your replies.
Old September 24th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #15
sistergirl

Perhaps you might want to consider some counselling to help you through this. And I can tell you, if you don't want to change...you will get your wish. Best of luck in any event.