Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > Message Boards & Chat Help

Old November 15th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #1
sistergirl

Cool Private Messaging and eMail Features

it seems this site no longer allows private emails and the feeling I am getting about this "friendly" place is that of control. If a person cannot have the freedom to do and go where ever they want to and feel that this is a prison, what then would be the attraction? Just want to let anyone who cares know that this is not the sort of place that I feel comfortable being at. it was fun for awhile until the owner decided she/he was feeling threatened by (omg) other forums. Well, what a joke, because news flash, this is not the only one! Kind of makes me giggle at the insecurities of it all.
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wow I was unaware of that. Anyone know? Thanks
Old November 15th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #3
sistergirl

You were?
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #4
TammyWOW
WOW Forum Coordinator

Like all forums, we're often targeted by bots, hybrid-bots, and people of questionable integrity who agree to our forum guidelines during the registration process, them promptly disregard them and begin posting advertisements and/or spamming our members via private messaging. Approximately a month ago, I upgraded our spam management tools, in an effort to address those issues more effectively.

This site has always required a minimum level of participation before certain features are enabled. The upgraded spam management tools apply similar requirements to the private messaging system, among other features. Most members will not notice any change in the functionality of the site, but members who abuse certain features may find those features are no longer available to them. New members will find that some features are disabled initially, but as they participate in the public aspects of the forum, more features will become available.

Our forum guidelines have nothing to do with controlling women's activities or dictating where they choose to spend their online time and I would be seriously concerned about the mental stability of a person that honestly believes a website has that level of control over a woman's choice of activity and use of online time. Our forum guidelines reflect our goals for this community and specifically, our desire to create an space on the web where women can gather and interact without having advertisements and spam shoved in our faces at every turn.

Now, if I were violating a forum's guidelines and suddenly found my access restricted, my first step wouldn't be to publicly post disparaging remarks about the forum and it's administration. And if I had continued violating a forum's guidelines, even after they had been clarified in a previous discussion, I certainly wouldn't be casting aspesions on anyone else. But then, perhaps that's just me.
TammyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:47 AM   #5
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Thank you TammyWOW for letting us know how you are safeguarding all of us. Have a great day!
Old November 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #6
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

I would be seriously concerned about the mental stability of a person that honestly believes a website has that level of control over a woman's choice of activity and use of online time.
(posted by TammyWOW)

WOW doesn't control me?
No wonder why I am so messed up in da head
Guess I need to go see a dr now that Tammy is onto my mental stability

muah Love and hugs to all!!
(grins as she walks out the door)
Old November 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #7
IRISH_EYES_99

Amen! Have never ever felt controlled by WOW! The discussions have always remained, unless there was spam. Personally I don't want everyone to have my email. If I decide I want them to ... I will take the time to share.

((((((((( Tammy ))))))))) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping this a safe forum. There are to many out there that allow the bots, & the spam to get to our computers & cause a virus or worse. So again I thank you.

NO ONE is held in bondage here. If you choose to not come so be it. If you choose to stay guidelines are in place & should be followed.

* Sistergirl you once commented on my being true to WOW. Well Yes I am. Very happy to be a part of WOW. Made many friends thoughout the yrs. Will remain with WOW because of their policy in keeping the site safe.

If we wanted our email addies, & phone #s giving out randomly we could post them everywhere definetly not a safe thing to do.

My WOW my choice absolutely no one is controlling me. I don't know the whole story behind this .. nor do I feel a need to know.
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #8
TammyWOW
WOW Forum Coordinator

Being addicted to something isn't the same as being controlled by it
TammyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #9
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Thanks, Tammy. I love it here too, but Sister is a good person, albeit opinionated sometimes.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #10
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Yes I am certifiable addicted to WOW! LOL IF I dont get a daily fix LOL I swear some people around me would feel it. LOL Hugs
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #11
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

And Wolfie, Irish, and the other girls are good people too.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Yeah right just ask my two kids at home and the soon to be ex husband LOL Hugs
Old November 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #13
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

hahahaha Tammy.... Addicted it is!!

I am on a 16 almost 17 year addiction :rolf:

I don't know what I would do without WOW.
And I thank Tammy and Melynn from the bottom of heart for keeping this forum going after the loss of Becky (r.i.p) Everyone adds their own uniqueness (is that really a word) to WOW everyday.. That is what WOW is, everyone contributing their own to help others and to just be YOU.. Isn't it great?

Huggers everyone!
Old November 20th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #14
IRISH_EYES_99

Addicted to LOVE! Addicted to WOW and all the phenomenal women I've met though the years here. Special thanks to Tammy, Melynn, and other behind the scenes people who contribute to keeping our "addiction" active. Some I've met in person others here & in WS though the years.. Even though we haven't met in person doesn't mean we aren't friends. ((((((((( Tammy, Melynn, DLC55, Dance, pearlcat, nobeef, DACDjr, Wolf_Angel, and so so many others )))))))))). To the newbies (((((((( Jennifer, & others ))))))))))) WOW is here has been here for a very long time. Hopefully for a much longer time to come.... Addicted to & Love WOW! Damn proud of it too. ) Any questions please reread!
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:21 AM   #15
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

No questions there. Yes I agree with you IRISH and Dacdjr! I am still here after all that I have been thru and if it wasnt for this website I would be in worse situation than now. SO thank you all (((((Tammy and Melynn)))) For keeping this website going. For ((((IRISH Dacdjr pearlcat Dance DLC55 nobeef and many more)))) To the newbies for help keeping this going and making life funnier and sweeter. So we can all disagree at times yet we keep on helping and improving each others lives. The uniqueness is what makes this place so lovable. So yes I am ADDICTED TO WOW AND LOVE! Hugs to all