Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Romantic Relationships

Old March 27th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1
TamraJaye
TamraJaye

Smile Small issuesss:

Okay so my name is Tamra, and I just found this site today. I'm eighteen, and I'm in a relationship with a guy named William. He's everything I could ask for- But there's something that's been bothering me. Most of our conversations take place over text messeging. Not all of it, but a good chunk. I see him everyday before classes, and we go out on weekends, but we're texting almost every minute when we're not together. Is this healthy? What if we run out of things to say and get bored with eachother? I thought maybe if I stopped texting him as often we'd have more to say, but then he feels like I'm avoiding him. I just want to give him some time to miss me, you know? Does anybody have an opinion on this?

TamraJaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #2
crazymomma
awesome cookie lady

Texting is okay. and it has it's place and time. In class is not it. You are both there for an education and as a Mom. I would be mad as a wet hen if my child was texting that much. You do need to talk more face to face. If you don't you won't find out about each other.
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #3
DrgnKat

I met my current husband when I was 17. When we weren't together, we did the 24/7 texting thing too. I had problems with my family then so talking to him all of the time REALLY kept me sane lol. For us it wasn't a problem (I did marry him after all ) and now that we're married, the texting has died down quite a bit but that's because we're together all of the time now . We never ran out of things to say, and we text all of the time because we missed each other when we were apart! That's how it was for us anyway
DrgnKat is offline   Reply With Quote