Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Games, Jokes & Other Fun Stuff

Old June 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #61
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Wolfie, I'll let the mapping up to you. And South Bend is also home to Notre Dame U.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #62
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Ah young lady I am working LOL So just make a list.....I knew that about South Bend LOL
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #63
Synful_Poet

OH. MY.GOD.... You two are as bad as my children!!! "you do it, no you do it"...

UGHH!!
Old June 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM   #64
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Nah simply put I work hence I dont have the time to map it out. But normally would be glad to do so. Otherwise, not much else going on.
Old June 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #65
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Don't worry, Wolfie. I think that we have a bunch of places left to choose from.
Old June 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #66
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Yeah but I would think if we had a "map" per say of what states we drove thru that may lead to places to visit along the journey.
((((( Jennifer ))))))))
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM   #67
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Well, maybe I'll map it out in the future, but now . . .

Plymouth, Ma.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM   #68
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

From Wikipedia.org on Plymouth, Mass

Plymouth (historically known as Plimouth and Plimoth) is a town in Plymouth County, Massachusetts. Plymouth holds a place of great prominence in American history, folklore and culture, and is known as "America's Hometown." Plymouth was the site of the colony founded in 1620 by the Pilgrims, passengers of the famous ship the Mayflower. Plymouth is where New England was first established. It is the oldest municipality in New England and one of the oldest in the United States.[5] The town has served as the location of several prominent events, the most notable being the First Thanksgiving feast.[6] Plymouth served as the capital of Plymouth Colony from its founding in 1620 until the colony's merger with the Massachusetts Bay colony in 1691.[7]
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #69
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Very cool, Wolfie. I have 2 cousins that live in Plymouth, but you didn't mention Plymouth Rock!

Let's go to Concord, NH.
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #70
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

From wikipedia.org again:

The area that would become Concord was originally settled thousands of years ago by Abenaki Native Americans called the Pennacook.[2] The tribe fished for migrating salmon, sturgeon and alewives with nets strung across the rapids of the Merrimack River. The stream was also the transportation route for their birch bark canoes, which could travel from Lake Winnipesaukee to the Atlantic Ocean. The broad sweep of the Merrimack River valley floodplain provided good soil for farming beans, gourds, pumpkins, melons and maize.

On January 17, 1725, the Province of Massachusetts Bay, which then claimed territories west of the Merrimack River, granted the Concord area as the Plantation of Penacook.[3] It was settled between 1725 and 1727 by Captain Ebenezer Eastman and others from Haverhill, Massachusetts. On February 9, 1734, the town was incorporated as Rumford,[4] from which Sir Benjamin Thompson, Count Rumford would take his title. It was renamed Concord in 1765 by Governor Benning Wentworth following a bitter boundary dispute between Rumford and the town of Bow; the city name was meant to reflect the new concord, or harmony, between the disputant towns.[5] Citizens displaced by the resulting border adjustment were given land elsewhere as compensation. In 1779, New Pennacook Plantation was granted to Timothy Walker, Jr. and his associates at what would be incorporated in 1800 as Rumford, Maine, the site of Pennacook Falls
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #71
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Thanks Wolfie, and I won't name a place today. I just want to let everyone know that the Amish in Lancaster, Pa. aren't Pa. Dutch - they are Pa. Deutsch.
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #72
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Yes I know LOL I live in that state LOL Hugs
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #73
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Cool.
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #74
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

I want to go and check out Vermont any one up for it?
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #75
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Burlington! That's the hometown of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and a college town.