Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > Meet the WOW Staff!

Old May 11th, 2001, 04:58 PM   #766
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

{{{{{Moon}}}}} I posted over in Scribe's folder, then got a wild hair to go back to that Cafe des Riches down the street for breakfast, so I scrambled and got there with about 5 minutes to spare before they switched from breakfast to lunch at 11:30. It's such a cool little place - good food, and fancy cakes and pastries for special occasions. It's family-owned, evidently, and they were very friendly today. (I think the waitress, Barbara, liked her tip last time. ;-) I got a breakfast that's about as ridiculous as a Big Mac and a Diet Coke: scrambled egg whites with bacon, a biscuit, and a Sprite. I figure at least I got some protein, and got out of the house for a bit.<p>
I am trying to decide what, if anything, to do this weekend. I sure wish I had more energy! I'm hoping to at least see a KNAC friend's band at a local bar late tomorrow night.<p>
Awwwww, they just had the *cutest* little critters on the noon news - week-old snow leopard cubs! They are so adorable it nearly breaks my heart! That reminds me that I need to make reservations to visit the Wildlife Waystation soon, while I'm still a Contributing Member. I'm dying to see all those big cats up close!<p>
Hope you're having a good Friday! I gotta get back to work for this afternoon. Catch ya later!
Old May 11th, 2001, 07:49 PM   #767
MoonWOW
WOW Host

LOL on the breakfast, but hey, why not? ;-) (((Biker)))

Let's see, I had sliced strawberries and bananas with a dollop of cool whip! <g>

Yeah I had a good day. Spent it with my mom.
MoonWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2001, 08:10 PM   #768
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

{{{{{Moon}}}}} Strawberries and bananas with whipped cream sound yummy! I've been doing better about fruits the last couple of days - yesterday I had a gala apple, and the day before, a banana. I've been taking a little snack-size container of banana applesauce to work every morning, and that seems to help my morning bellyaches (usually). I really need to make that whole wheat angel hair pasta with some Ragu and feta cheese on top. Maybe for dinner!<p>
LOL at the "beauty shop." That's what we always called them back home, too. Now, I go to a "hair salon." I think the name's just an excuse to charge 3 times as much, but the guy, Larry, does a good job of keeping me a cool-looking color of blonde, and badgers me at the right intervals to get trims. I think next visit I'll have him whack off 4 to 6 inches - my hair is getting too long to care for easily. (He said last time that I needed to be prepared to part with at least 2 inches next visit, for my hair's health. <g>) I get it trimmed every other color touchup. Today I'm so tired of my hair that I wish I could get that 4 to 6 inches whacked off *now.*<p>
Well, it's late enough that I can stop working. I finally did knuckle down and get some of the manual done. I'm considering making up some time at night one day this weekend, since I frittered away too much time today. I gotta keep up my productivity while telecommuting - no way do I want to lose the priviledge!
Old May 11th, 2001, 08:39 PM   #769
MoonWOW
WOW Host

BANANA APPLESAUCE?? I have never heard of that, but sounds right up my alley. Is it in a small jar with Gerber on the label? LOL...seriously, that's new to me but sounds GOOD! I'm on a grape juice kick this week and each 6oz glass is a fruit. I find it so much easier to eat healthy when it's warm and sunny outside. When I'm cold I gravitate toward the comfort foods which are usually not the heathiest choice.

We did the "beauty shop" and mom looked adorable. I came home, as usual, and washed the volumizing stuff out. I like the natural look.

Now I'm shutting down. Thunder! See ya....(((biker)))

YIKES, my guys are at the Speedway right now!
Old May 11th, 2001, 10:52 PM   #770
roo

((((((Mooooooonie)))))))
Old May 12th, 2001, 12:10 AM   #771
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

{{{{{Moon}}}}} The banana applesauce I get is Mott's Fruitsations Banana Applesauce. It's with the applesauce in the canned fruit isle, and comes 6 little snack-sized containers to a package. I think they're meant to be packed in a kid's (or adult's) lunch box. There are several other flavors, like cranberry applesauce, but I *really* like the banana applesauce! I toss one in a bag with bottled water for work, along with soda crackers if my gut feels funky. I do wish they came in a slightly bigger container - these aren't much bigger than a Gerber's jar! LOL<p>
I made whole wheat angel hair pasta with Ragu spaghetti sauce, topped with reduced-fat feta cheese for dinner. (I dutifully took Lactaid for the cheese, and Pepcid Complete because sometimes spaghetti sauce isn't kind to me.) It tasted fantastic - better even than I expected, but my stomach is making noises that really worry me. :-/<p>
I have the Laker's game on right now - I sorta feel obligated, living in the LA basin. I do like basketball during the playoffs, and will watch it with the guys during the regular season, but as you know, my passion is football!
Old May 12th, 2001, 12:25 AM   #772
MoonWOW
WOW Host

(((((((((((roo))))))))))))....sean said...well maybe with a guide....but NO 30#er. <g>

Old May 12th, 2001, 12:29 AM   #773
MoonWOW
WOW Host

whoops (((biker))) somehow I missed that post. Okay, now I must try that banana applesauce. I'll probably trade my grape juice fetish of the week for that one. Thanks! Hope the dinner (which sounded pretty good) is kind to you.

Night (((friends)))
Old May 12th, 2001, 02:24 AM   #774
Merms

(((((((((((Moonie)))))))))))

Mom's R Funny,ha
Time to spend all together
Memories for all
Merms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2001, 08:58 AM   #775
MoonWOW
WOW Host

OMG ((((Merms)))) she's gotten to you! Nice Haiku and SO TRUE! We are off in a bit.

....to continue my story from last night. The race got rained out...they returned...The Big Chill was pulled from the VCR and Little Big Man was put in it's place. SOMEDAY, I'll see ALL of The Big Chill!
Old May 12th, 2001, 11:10 AM   #776
ching

Hiya! ((((((Moonie)))))))

I've been BUSY! But I took a coupla minutes this morning to try to catch up with my friends.

Happy Saturday!

BTW Cory loves that banana applesauce.
ching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2001, 01:16 PM   #777
roo

((((((Moonie)))))))) YAWN!!!! haaaaa! Ok now I need another nap! On to the fly shops to return the borrowed equipment
Old May 13th, 2001, 11:50 AM   #778
NovaWOW

{{{Moonie}}}

<P><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#00FFFF"><B>H</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#00CCFF"><B>a</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0099FF"><B>p</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0066FF"><B>p</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0033FF"><B>y
M</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0000CC"><B>o</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0000FF"><B>t</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#3366FF"><B>h</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#3399FF"><B>e</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#66CCFF"><B>r'</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#99CCFF"><B>s
</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#99FFFF"><B>D</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#00FFFF"><B>a</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#00CCFF"><B>y</B></FONT><FONT SIZE="+2" FACE="Comic Sans MS" COLOR="#0099FF"><B>!</B></FONT></P>
</BODY>
</HTML>
NovaWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2001, 11:52 AM   #779
Lou
Idealist

(((((MoonMom)))))

<FONT SIZE=+2> <font color="#ff0000">H</font><font color="#ff1600">a</font><font color="#ff2d00">p</font><font color="#ff4400">p</font><font color="#ff5b00">y</font> <font color="#ff8900">M</font><font color="#ff9f00">o</font><font color="#ffb600">t</font><font color="#ffcd00">h</font><font color="#ffe400">e</font><font color="#fffb00">r</font><font color="#ebff00">'</font><font color="#d5ff00">s</font> <font color="#a7ff00">D</font><font color="#90ff00">a</font><font color="#79ff00">y</font> <font color="#4cff00">t</font><font color="#35ff00">o</font> <font color="#07ff00">a</font><font color="#00ff0f">l</font><font color="#00ff26">l</font> <font color="#00ff53">t</font><font color="#00ff6a">h</font><font color="#00ff81">e</font> <font color="#00ffaf">m</font><font color="#00ffc5">o</font><font color="#00ffdc">m</font><font color="#00fff3">s</font><font color="#00f3ff">,</font> <font color="#00c5ff">a</font><font color="#00afff">u</font><font color="#0098ff">n</font><font color="#0081ff">t</font><font color="#006aff">i</font><font color="#0053ff">e</font><font color="#003cff">s</font><font color="#0026ff">,</font> <font color="#0700ff">s</font><font color="#1e00ff">i</font><font color="#3500ff">s</font><font color="#4c00ff">t</font><font color="#6200ff">e</font><font color="#7900ff">r</font><font color="#9000ff">s</font><font color="#a700ff">,</font> <font color="#d500ff">a</font><font color="#eb00ff">n</font><font color="#ff00fb">d</font> <font color="#ff00cd">g</font><font color="#ff00b6">r</font><font color="#ff009f">a</font><font color="#ff0089">n</font><font color="#ff0072">d</font><font color="#ff005b">m</font><font color="#ff0044">a</font><font color="#ff002d">s</font><font color="#ff0016">!</font></FONT>
Old May 13th, 2001, 01:12 PM   #780
LiamFan!

Happy Mother's Day, {{{{Moon}}}}!!!