Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Mental Health

Old August 11th, 2002, 04:06 PM   #76
Cinderellen

Sabra... That's an excellent idea.

/me walks off thinking.
Old August 11th, 2002, 04:23 PM   #77
Sabra

Talking

I have good ideas on occasion. We'd need a catchy name, like Don't Bring Me Down
or Let Me Be Me, something fun, eye catching and to the point. Continuing to think of names or titles. If anyone is interested, then let us know
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2002, 05:31 PM   #78
Addie

hmmmm... Maybe it could be called <A HREF="http://www.transformations.com"> Transformations</A>. <g>
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2002, 08:04 AM   #79
Karat

HEY Sabra & Cinderellen! Can I join your club? I think I have all the necessary qualifications! LOLOL Gypserose, I too am on mediations for asthma and depression and do not find that they interfere with one another - I agree with Sabra, talk to your pharmacist. ((((Gypserose))))
If you ever need to talk, my Inbox is always open!
Karat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2002, 10:27 AM   #80
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Brilliant name Addie!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2002, 02:49 PM   #81
Sabra

Well, I'm thinking of something different than a chat in Transformations, haven't quite got my idea complete yet. Yepper Karat you're welcome to join in.
Old November 3rd, 2002, 09:15 PM   #82
Sabra

About 12 years ago, I simply stopped doing things. I would come home with groceries or just general shopping bring the things in and put them down and walk away. Melted ice cream,spoiled milk and meats, it didn't phase me a bit. Then it grew from doing this to fixing dinner and not doing dishes, didn't put things away, laundry piled up when I did it. I would lose days of time. My home looked like a yard sale, then a toxic waste site. Very strange.

But I can now remember back when I was much younger and note long periods of time I had no memory of events.

I could function at work, do my profession well and admirably and have absolutely no memory of what I had done that day, week, month to almost a year of time I lost. I went no where but work and occasionally shopping. I withdrew from my family, laid on the couch, reading or not. Began to self medicate with alcohol. More time lost. Fortunately after I began anti depressants I didn't often drink to excess anymore. I would alternately sleep every chance I could or would pace, be somewhat agitated and not sleep.......for days at a time.

Thought of suicide almost constantly, even had the process all worked out. Attempted suicide several times and the final time is what awakened in me I needed help. Even with therapy and medication, I go into downward spirals, but at least I'm aware enough now of the signs to know it's time to get the medication changed. All I can say is I'm grateful for antidepressants
Old November 3rd, 2002, 10:50 PM   #83
LiamFan!

{{{Sabra}}}

I don't have much to say at the moment, but just wanted to thank you for sharing that.
Old November 4th, 2002, 02:00 AM   #84
Sabra

(((((((Liam)))))))))) thank you for saying it!
Old November 4th, 2002, 08:27 AM   #85
Terri

(((everyone))) Menopause brought on my depression. I had never experienced anything like it. All I wanted to do was stay in bed all day. Everything was an effort. I didn't care about anything and I cried constantly. My doctor prescribed Sarafem and it made all the difference in the world. I too am thankful for antidepressants.
Old November 4th, 2002, 10:08 AM   #86
Cinderellen

(((((Sabra))))) I've been there too, sometimes I have downward spirals. It's a real victory to just realize that I'm heading backwards. When I was depressed, I didn't realize that things were so bad. I lost periods of time too. It's scary in that it's so insidious. I'm just glad that I finally sought help.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 03:28 PM   #87
sunflower

Depression

Well I have not been myself for awhile now and thought it was either a midlife crisis or stress. When I couldn't take it anymore I went to my doctor.
She calls it depression and gave me the drug Celexa.
I went on the net and the reviews are pretty scary.Before I take this drug any personal insight on it or any other anti depressant would be welcome.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 01:30 AM   #88
Sabra

sunflower, it's good you did research on Celexa but all medications should be taken with caution. Talk to your doctor, explain your concerns and ask questions. All antidepressants and all medications have potential side affects, however from what I've read on Celexa, it has less side affects than many do. Good luck
Old January 24th, 2003, 09:11 AM   #89
sunflower

Thanks Sabra I see my doctor in two weeks .My main concern was the side effects listed I already have.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #90
Sabra

Then you should immediately do two things, stop taking the meds and contact your doctor, don't wait two weeks!