Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Mental Health

Old January 24th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #91
susieBsnowflake

{{{Sabra}}} nice to see you
susieBsnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 12:55 PM   #92
sunflower

Sabra Thanks again .I phoned doctor she said the pills were to help my symptoms and to keep taking them.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #93
Sabra

Then the doctor feels your side affects will subside soon. Keep taking the meds and hope you feel lots better soon! Hi ya Susie
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #94
Tammy

I have this overwhelming need to throw in my 2 cents. There are things to do, but just stopping the medication isn't in the top two.

Call your doctor and express your concerns about the side effects. Get your appointment moved up so you see your doctor sooner. If you can't get in touch with your doctor and/or you're experiencing side effects that give you serious concerns for your safety, go to the emergency room.

The ultimate goal is to keep yourself safe and healthy, which includes starting the medication the safest way <B>and</B> stopping it the safest way. Depending on the drug and the dose, you may need to stop it a certain way in order to avoid other serious problems.

You should <u>never</u> just stop an anti-depressant without consulting your doctor first.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 02:23 PM   #95
Sabra

Mostly what you've said is true Tammy, however I was under the impression sunflower had just started taking the antidepressants, that she hadn't been on them for more than a few days, so stopping them would not have been detrimental. AND if she was experiencing severe side affects if not stopped severe dehydration could and would negate any good affects to the medication and harm her health
Old January 24th, 2003, 02:49 PM   #96
sunflower

Hello again I guess I didn't give enough information.I just got the pills yesterday but have had symptoms for about 6 weeks. Tammy you may throw your two cents in lol.I will take all and any advice into conseration doc is gone for today but I will phone on Monday.

Ps. have lost alot of weight

Thank you both
Old January 24th, 2003, 11:17 PM   #97
Sabra

Well geesh sunflower, those are also symptoms of depression which I hadn't considered from your primary post, then the medication should relieve them, so Take the medication ROFL
Old January 25th, 2003, 12:46 AM   #98
sunflower

Thanks I wasn't quite sure what to do but I think I need them. And a few other things lol
Old March 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM   #99
Clara

Sometimes it is difficult to see depression when you are right there in the midst of it. I came around these boards, 2 years ago, not completely knowing my problem, and over time, I have really done some healing. Know that you can too, get past your depression! It really can work for you!

Clara
Old March 9th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #100
Sabra

Whoo hooo Clara, way to go
Old March 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM   #101
Clara is my name

Exclamation Thanks Sabra

Thanks so much Sabra! Man alive, I couldn't remember my password once I logged in with the Clara log in, that I had to adjust my name slightly! But I do appreciate you honoring the work that I have done, by making mention of it!
Old March 10th, 2003, 10:57 AM   #102
Sabra

You're most welcome Clara, I've been there too and think kudos to you was absolutely necessary!
Old March 10th, 2003, 11:53 AM   #103
sunflower

Thats good for you Clara and yes sometimes it can sneak up on a person

Sabra tnx for the help but the pills didn't work out for me.
Old March 10th, 2003, 12:17 PM   #104
Sabra

sunflower, there are many other anti depressants available out there, so don't give up
Old March 10th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #105
sunflower

Yes Sabra I,am sure there are lots of anti depressants, but I have never put much faith in pills. And I didn't know they your anti depressants until after I got them. My sister was on them and she went from a fun loving person to a zombie. And it was her faith in her family and friends that pulled her out of it,both of which I haven't been around much lately but I am feeling better and I will beat this. Everyone is different so some may need pills.

And tnx I haven't given up nor will I.