Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Health & Well-Being > Mental Health

Old March 12th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #121
Self

((((sunflower))))
Sometimes the simplest things will set me off on a crying jag, and sometimes it seems like for no reason at all. I have really great days and hohum days, a lot of them lately it seems. And yes the weather does have an effect on some people. I tend to sweat the small stuff mostly, and breeze thru the ruff ones. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Any way Dac, there is just no way to fix a problem like mine. You can try and make it easier, better what ever, but it will always be there!
Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #122
Cinderellen

That's true, (((((Self))))). If you have an imbalance, the drugs are the only thing that keeps you, well, balanced. I have had the same problem in the past, sleeping all day, awake all night, etc. It's better now for me, but it's not that way for everyone. Take care of yourself, Self.
Old March 12th, 2003, 05:27 PM   #123
sunflower

(((((everyone)))))

Ya I hear you self and I feel like I,am talking to myself. Not a good sign LOL

But I find talking to the right people is helping me. The one thing I don't like is my mood swings

I seem better when I can laugh alot

Nice to see everyone have a good day
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2003, 10:02 PM   #124
Sabra

Self and sunflower, I should have said this sooner, but I didn't Before I was diagnosed with chronic depression I slept for days, was up for days, drank alcohol to help sleep and feel better, didn't get out of bed when I didn't have to do so, but somehow always got to work. Found out much later, chronic depressive people do this. I haven't had other than an occasional sleepless night had any problems, once the anti depressant I keep a journal, have for years and haven't yet found definitive triggers, but that usual I've found I'm not usual in many things, not just this ROFL

Dac hon, the only thing you can do is support Self, let her be who she is and go on
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #125
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

Sabra, that is harder than it is to say, I try everyday to face the fact that my mom is not going to be with me much longer. I try to face that there is nothing they can do for her, but keep her on those 50 meds. It kills me to see my mommy die-ing in front of my eyes. Knowing there is nothing I can do for her medically. Knowing that all I can do for her is to support her and love her, hurts. I am sure everyone has the feeling of wanting to do all they can for their parents, but they can`t..

I lost both my biological father and my step father at a young age. I am not ready to let go of her, and not sure I will ever be ready to!
Old March 13th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #126
Self

WOW Daccie, you have me dead and buried already! Not yet anyway. I was diagnosed as manic depressant.(Spelling don't count) LOL Its not 50 meds. only 11 and most are for cronic health reasons. Its hard when famlies don't understand whats going on. I have to deal with all of it eveyday by myself. But I'm really good at hiding it most of the time. Thats why my shrink had me start a diary. I'm not looney, just depressed and its a real disease, with no cure!
Old March 13th, 2003, 11:51 PM   #127
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

First I do not have you dead and burried.. That hurt mom...
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:51 AM   #128
Self

Sorry I made you feel that way Dac, but it made me feel like you had given up on me!
Old March 18th, 2003, 09:54 AM   #129
Self

Wink

(((((((Everybody))))))) It's a beautiful day in the neighbohood!
Old March 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #130
sunflower

((((((Everyone))))))

DACDjr I know its hard I almost lost my Mom last year.

But you know just being in here and seeing how close you and your Mom are well it brightened my day

And I hope to have that with my daughters in the future

Have a great day
Old March 18th, 2003, 07:26 PM   #131
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((( DACD,Self, sunflower, Cinderellen, Sabra, everyone else ))))))))
First DACD your mom certainly didn't mean to hurt you, as you didn't mean to hurt her.. The dialec that you two have going is awesome. Keep it flowing it will open up towards more understanding for both of you. God Bless.

Depression is a desease some of us get hit once in awhile with it. Others have to live with it everyday of their lives thatis where the medication comes in. Thank goodness for the meds.

The old adage to get over it and go on with your life ... well guess what it isn't that simple in all cases.. Sometimes it can be triggered by a small thing happening that day .. you may not even realize what caused it. It's there to nag you anyway.

Sometimes it is a big part of menopause and even the doctors don't recognize that fact. Chemical changes in the body can cause depression. I found at that time vit B12 complex helped a lot.

An abundance of things going wrong over a short period of time can cause depression the overwhelming feeling that nothing will ever be right again! It does but it takes time

(((((Self )))))) Good luck take good care of you. You have a terrific daughter who loves you a lot. ((((((( DACD ))))) your mom loves you as a matter of fact we all do hun.
((((( sunflower ))))) good luck to you too.

((((((Cinderellen, Sabra ))))))))) you both know I think the world of you.
Old March 18th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #132
sunflower

((((Everyone))))

(((IRISH_EYES_99)))

By the posts in here everyone has different solutions to similar problems.

In my case it was kinda everything at once. I do get Vit 12 shots but my doc is away alot so I can't always get them.

But I,am trying different things like talking in here
Old March 27th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #133
Self

Just wanted to stop in and say hello,(Hello), alls well here. I hope all of you are well and taking it day by day just as I do! Daccie, you know your mommys baby, always have been, always will be! And yes I do have a good relationship with Dac, we have always been able to talk about anything and everything. It's just that some things I can't talk to her about, hard to explain, but I'm honest.
Have A Great Day!
Old March 28th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #134
annebebe

Please keep this thread going, it's so helpful. For what it's worth, I lost my mother some years ago, and talk to her everyday. Hey, we still fall out! But I love her, and continue to learn from her! ((((all))))
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:43 PM   #135
sunflower

((((((All))))))

Glad you are better Self
I to am trying to take it one day at a time to. At least I no longer drink to relieve my stress which is a good thing.

Yes Annebebe it is a worth while thread.

Its so hard when our parents get older because we know our time with them is short. My parents are (75) & (70 )But all we can do is be there from them and make the time we spend with them memorable.

Have a Great Day All