Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:40 PM   #31
MintyFemme2

I'd have to agree with you Liam. From what I can tell about the Republican party they are pro submissive woman. The rights women have today were fought hard for and I can't see myself voting for some one that would take rights away from women.
There has been some talk about Hillary Clinton maybe running in 2008. I have yet to seriously think if I would vote for Hillary. Do I think Hillary would help women's rights? Perhaps she could. Do I think she would help Gay and Lesbian Rights? Not really what her husband did to Gay and Lesbians in the military was not really any better then what was going on before. Not that Womens' Rights and Gay and Lesbian Rights are the only reasons I would vote or not for some one those are just 2 reasons I would or wouldn't vote for some one.
I don't think I would vote or wouldn't for a woman because she was a woman reguardless of her party for president. Being President of the United States is a big responsibility.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 03:29 PM   #32
Addie

While Clinton wasn't able to do everything he said he would, he created the correct climate to bring about change, much of which probably would have occurred had Gore been able to take office.

Don't forget, when Clinton took office there was a lot of work to do! We had a lot of big problems when he went in but once those were resolved, the groundwork was there to work on more specialized issues. He was fantastically successful (a brilliant man! a fantastic politician!) and the rest would have followed had this country not been overthrown by the religious right, the fascists, and their agendas.

I hope that when we get a Democrat back into office we'll be able to address more specialized issues. I'm worried that the big picture for the entire population will be so bleak that we'll have to be more concerned about restoring basic rights for all.

I like Hillary, a lot! However, I hope that she doesn't run. It is just so important that we put a Democrat back into the White House that sadly, we just can't take the risk of trying to elect the first woman. It isn't the right time, it just isn't going to happen, and we really need to unite and focus on getting someone who can win.

I don't think they'll run Rice, I think they'll try to maintain their stronghold by running someone like McCain. He comes off like this middle-of-the-road guy but he's just a politician without any scruples. I have absolutely no respect for him anymore. He abhorred Bush and adored Kerry, but when push came to shove, when his career was threatened by the Bush camp, he folded in the blink of an eye. He may have been a hero in Viet Nam, but he had the chance to be an even bigger hero by coming out in support of Kerry. His own daughter called him, very upset, wanting to know what had happened, when she saw him hit the campaign trail with Bush. McCain is the one who tells that story! He was always trying to send a message without endangering his own career in the Republican camp. All that time in a tiger cage in Viet Nam and he's too afraid to take on the Bush gang? I'm very disappointed in him!

I'm also not sure I really consider Rice a woman, or a woman of color for that matter. She's a sell out too, in it for her own political gain with no thought given to anyone else. She's a Thatcher type of woman. I haven't any use for her at all.

But let me tell you how I really feel... ;-)

Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM   #33
IRISH_EYES_99

A Democrat and Proud of it.

With the present administration you can feel the backword slide to the, "Leave it To Beaver" syndrome.. Esp. with Ms Rice as a "Yes" (wo)man.

Hillary is great. Have to agree this would not be the time for her to run.

Hopefully we will get someone strong, & articulate who can take the country forward. Someone who has the gumption to restore respect for the rights of all. One that can take the steps that are sorely needed to heal the damage that has taken place with this administration.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 04:40 PM   #34
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

Why not run in that case, Irish? We'd all vote for ya.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #35
MintyFemme2

I agree with you Addie all human rights will need to be restored. Hillary is stepping up and becoming a very good Senator but as you stated now is not the time to bring a woman in. Maybe once we have a whole 4 years with a democtrat in office we could bring a woman in for the running.
/me votes for Irish any day!
Old August 31st, 2005, 05:28 PM   #36
hogggie

WHERE ARE THEY WHEN WE NEED HELP ?

USA HAVE HELP OTHER COUNTRY OUT with food,money, now where they at? when we need it ? did you know it only 1 country say they will help us now . how many country have the USA help out in the pass ,,,,, just show you .........
hogggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 07:23 PM   #37
Addie

Hogggie... you're missing some very key points.

You can't really expect help from the countries that were hit by the Tsunami, can you? They could never have helped, before, during, or after the tsunami, nor should they be expected to help us. We are an extremely rich country. We have plenty to go around, particularly if we would stop creating wars that have no basis in fact, and use the money to enrich the lives of the impoverished before disaster hits.

In this day and age, when we can bomb a country from a safe distance, send supplies to a space station, etc. there is just no excuse for having to leave people to "evacuate vertically!!!"

Many companies and employees are putting up money. United Airlines, Dupont, Wachovia, etc. Not that it should be necessary, but it's very generous of all those who contribute. Isn't it a shame that the billions of dollars we spend killing isn't available for the living.

I can feel no animosity towards any other country. There are those who simply don't have enough for their own, much less for us. And then there are those who, in this political climate, don't want to lift a finger to help us. You can't blame them; we brought it on ourselves. We have more than enough to help our own. We need to learn how to use our riches properly.
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:10 PM   #38
susieB

I am pretty sure on our local talk radio station that I heard canada had offered whatever assistance is needed.....I remember mention of a mobile hospital unit....and some other types of aid....
susieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:51 PM   #39
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Wink Here is my two cents

(((((Hoggie Addie SusieB)))))))

Things will work out. Those who are able to help will while those who cant will say prayers like others did when the tsunami hit. Americans are pretty strong yet sometimes we need to be reminded of who has control. I say daily prayers and help when I can. That is all I am able to do for now. Yet sometimes even a simple prayer is what is most needed.

So bless everyone and those who are in need and those who arent for we all are humans on the same planet doing our best to live.

Have a great day!
Old August 31st, 2005, 11:43 PM   #40
IRISH_EYES_99

Here's an idea! Bring the troops home from IRAQ!!! Let them help here where they are truely needed . Imagine all help they could bring to the area.

Yes I know that across our nation help is being sent to the devasted areas, however having the troops their would expediate the work.

Prayers are needed.. prayers alone are not going to do it... Think of how many more hands on there would be, if our troops could be there.

They could help distribute food / water. Help in the search for people to reunite families. Rather than be in a place they shouldn't be... They would be where they should be... where they are needed the most.

It would help with the relief effort and move things forward quicker.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME THIS IS WHERE THEY SHOULD BE!!!!
Old September 1st, 2005, 12:28 AM   #41
SuzEQ

amen to that one ((((Irish)))) where is everyone at these days? seems noone hardly uses the boards anymore :-( been to the room several times.. never catch anyone home But I will keep trying. Heard on CNN today they are sending two ships (from our country to the devastated areas.. one is a hospital ship and they def need that! now they need them to send one for the bodies so they have someplace to put them to help keep down the spread of diseases. Its devastating to see all those ppl there without the basic essentials that we take for granted each day. Pray for their well being and for an end to this as soon as humanly possible and inhumanly possible with Gods help! hope to catch up to you all soon!
Suz
SuzEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 06:22 AM   #42
MintyFemme2

PSST Hoggie The President/leader that was ordered to be killed by some politcal dude here in the 70's has already offered to send food and oil! I can't remember the dude's name but it was spanish sounding.
Old September 1st, 2005, 09:17 PM   #43
hogggie

hmmm

Please Donate To The Red Cross!
Remember, We Are All A Family.
Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund and Other Disasters.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 02:13 PM   #44
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Exclamation Omgoodness

(((((IRISH Hoggie SueEQ))))))

Now Irish has the right idea along with Hoggie. Do what you are able too. If we did have our troops home to help this wouldnt take months maybe weeks but a year or more as it looks like now. Or better yet, If the President owns oil rigs why not sell it cheaper and use the money towards the people who need in from Hurricane Katrina? Just a thought.

I am going away for the weekend. So I will most likely be home on Sunday night.

Have a great day!
Old September 3rd, 2005, 07:19 AM   #45
hogggie

wtg LA Government

the food,water all the help are there it just sitting there in the city street in trucks the bus or there just sitting there no place to go cause the government sitting on there damm ass and not doing there job why ppl are die this dont have any thing to do with the war if the government of la state would do her job they knew it coming and they didt do crap still it was to late ........