Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Reading & Writing

Old July 17th, 2001, 03:11 PM   #46
LondonLee

shana,

To me a special way to write in your friends journal would be in your own words and things you remember about her to her family. It is such a good idea to have somebody write about a person and you get a different prospective regarding them and things another person might have never noticed before. So do what is comfortable with you shana and write using your viewpoint and great thoughts of your friend!!! How unlifting to remember such good memories.
LondonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2001, 05:10 PM   #47
shana123

What a great idea London, thank you. It did feel like it should be about her and our friendship. I will leave it for now as it still hurts but soon!
shana123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2001, 07:35 AM   #48
anniejoan

{{{{{{{ London }}}}}}} {{{{{{{{ shana }}}}}}}}
So good to find you here!! I have been continuing to write daily and am slowly getting back to how I used to use my journal...I whole mishmash of thoughts,feelings,ideas.

London, yes, my penmanship definately reflects my feelings at the time I am writing!! If I am feeling frustrated or angry, my writing is large and heavy and scrawling...with lots of not g-rated words and lots of exclamation points.lol

shana, ditto what London said. To write in your friend's journal about your memories of her. Maybe also your thoughts and feelings about her and how much you miss her and what about her you miss. I bet once you start, the memories will come flooding back and before you know it, you will have filled that journal. Writing in there of your sadness I think will also be cathartic. Let us know how it goes.

Ok. I'm off to do my journal writing for today.
Old July 25th, 2001, 04:08 PM   #49
LondonLee

I am impressed annie that you are so dedicated about writing in your journal. Writing ones thoughts, dreams and frustrations can be a rewarding experience.
Old July 25th, 2001, 06:48 PM   #50
anniejoan

LondonLee it is. I find during the week I feel very rushed to do the daily entry...but on weekends, I have more time and can write for longer periods. More thoughts, feelings, ideas & plans are written down during that time. I've yet to do a dream journal. I usually don't remember my dreams...but daydreams I do. A night dream journal would be really interesting.
How is your journal writing progressing?
Old July 26th, 2001, 02:08 PM   #51
LondonLee

I am not doing a journal at the present time annie. Maybe the mood will hit someday to start one again. But right now I am content maybe just jotting a few thoughts etc. down on a piece of paper. Then thinking about them and throwing them away. LOL
Old February 9th, 2002, 05:50 AM   #52
TheWonder

I've journaled several times in the past, off and on. And each time I vowed that I'd be "good" about it this time and write every day. Yet I never have.

I tend to write mostly in my crisis times, as well... or when I've had a major emotional change that I need to get my head around, crisis or no. I enjoy it, and wish I did it more, but apparently I don't wish it enough to actually work to make it happen.

What I find is that I really enjoy reading journals. Mine, books in jounral form (Bridget Jone's, etc), whatever. I would never read someone else's journal (as in non-published, non-Bridget Jones) because I don't like snooping, but I love reading journals. Guess it just seems more.. real somehow.
TheWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2002, 06:16 PM   #53
anniejoan

Hi TheWonder

Me too! I had the best of intentions this year to write in my journal daily, and now it is February....and I've forgotten all about it! Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I like journals too. I think they are more real than autobiographies even because they were never meant for publication. I know I am more real in my journal entries when it is for my eyes only.

Happy journaling!
Old June 1st, 2002, 10:44 AM   #54
anniejoan

Try, try again!

I'm back at it! My journal writing has been going in fits and starts, but now, I think I'm back on track.

The privacy issue was causing me to censor. With notebooks, hard cover journals etc. I still was not comfortable using them, even though physically it is more comfortable to write when sitting in a comfy chair.

When I journal, I want to be absolutely honest with myself about my thoughts and feelings. In order to do that, I needed to find a fool proof way that ensured that my journals would remain for my eyes only. The most meaningful and useful journal entries for me are when I do free association type writing. It is amazing what I find out about myself during these times.

I have finally come up with a journal that I feel works well. I write my journal entries in Word and save them on floppy discs. And, I have made them password protected! My journal password is easy to remember and is not written down anywhere nor is it one I use for anything else. And, the box of floppy discs takes very little room so there is less time spent hunting for my journals or finding new hiding places for them.

In my journal, I feel free to vent, to dream, to plan, to remember and it seems that as I write, more thoughts, feelings and ideas come to the surface. It's a wonderful tool for growth.

Has anyone else gotten back to their journal writing?
Old June 2nd, 2002, 02:15 PM   #55
crayon

I've kept a journal since I was about 12. I may not always make a daily entry, but rarely do I go more than a few weeks without writing in it. I prefer notebooks, to the computer, though...I tried it that way, and I do have some writings on the computer, but for journaling, I like the feel of my favorite pen and the white of the paper, sitting in a comfy chair with a cup of tea.
crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #56
rjsfeminist

Hope no one minds my reviving this thread.

Anyone keeping a journal? I've had one (on and off) since I was a kid...Anyone else?
rjsfeminist is offline   Reply With Quote