Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > TV & Movies

Old June 19th, 2001, 03:10 PM   #16
LiamFan!

They're writing a part for Liam in some Brit comedy (Quiet, I'll find the name of it...), so I'll have to say him once he does that, eh? ;-)
Old June 19th, 2001, 04:18 PM   #17
QuietWoman

OMG Liam the actor - imagine that!

He'd better be playing some tough Manc boy, I find it hard to believe his range is much greater

*ducking and running*

Oh, and Catherine Deneuve - for the same reason Lou gave above
QuietWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2001, 04:40 PM   #18
LiamFan!

"some tough Manc boy" ... I like the sounds of that

Here's the blurb from NME, who evidently don't have a proofreader:

vocalist LIAM GALLAGHER is reported to be making an appearance in PETER KAY's comedy series 'PHEONIX NIGHTS'.
According to a report in this morning's (June 1) The Sun newspaper, the Oasis frontman will appear in the show, set in a fictional nightclub in Bolton, auditioning for a singing role in the club.

He fails, and instead gets a job collecting glasses. Gallagher is said to be a huge fan of the show, and asked for a part personally.

A spokesperson for Channel 4 was unable to confirm Gallagher's appearance on the show, but said the show was only at the writing stage at the moment.

heh..."he fails, and instead gets a job collecting glasses."

Old June 19th, 2001, 09:35 PM   #19
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

{{{{{Les}}}}} That reminds me, on The Weakest Link a few nights ago, there was a question, "What Brit pop band features brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher?" The guy got it WRONG. The British lady host smirked as only she can as she said, "No, Oasis!" <g><p>
Oh, Kathe, you reminded me, I really liked Kate Winslet in the movie, "Hideous Kinky." You should rent it - it's neither hideous nor kinky - it's really rather sweet and hippy. It's about a young mother's adventures in Morocco with her two young daughters, and the settings are awesome. It's a shame that it didn't get more attention.<p>
I'm curious to see if Jessica Alba ends up being a one-show wonder, or if she has range and staying power. I like her charcter in Dark Angel because that's how I fancy myself (until I look in a mirror! LOL). Same with Lucy Lawless as Xena. Even as a really little girl of about 5, I fancied riding a charging black steed through the neighborhood intimidating the mean little neighbor boys. <g> More recently, it's been holding my ground against drunken, rowdy motorcycle clubs at overnight bike runs, and moshing to the likes of Anthrax, Iron Maiden, etc., with the "big boys." Anyway, I appreciate the strong female role models that are out there today - ones I can identify with and respect. If there had ben such role models when I was a kid, I might have become an astronaut, seriously. As it is, if I get fed up enough with corporate life, I might just get into big cat care.<p>
Wow, am I off-topic! Oops! <G>
Old June 19th, 2001, 09:41 PM   #20
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

Les, I also meant to say, at least NME had all the letters in Phoenix! My despicable uncle who destroyed the family trucking company, then founded his own, named the new company "Rising Fenix" because he thought that was how it "ought" to be spelled. At least the arrogant idiot sunk his own company, too, after blaming the demise of the fourth generation family business on his brothers. (He's also the only American I personally know who mis-uses "let" and "leave." :-/ )
Old July 10th, 2001, 04:49 PM   #21
tupi

I really need to get out more. I'm still a fan of such stars as Kate Hepburn, Cary Grant, Gene Tierney, Stewart Granger and so on.

I like to see a film actor who is verstile like Susan Sarandon and Sally Field.

Today I love Tommy Lee Jones and Nick Cage. Tomorrow I may love another .. I'm fickle.

tupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2002, 07:36 AM   #22
Terri

No one has mentioned Kevin Spacey yet! He can be dark and disturbing (American Beauty) sweet and intelligent (Pay It Forward) sexy (LA Confidential) arrogant and ruthless (A Time To Kill) quirky (The Usual Suspects) he also directs, does stage acting and has recorded audio books!

Ya think I like Kevin Spacey?
Old April 19th, 2002, 11:47 PM   #23
Sunshine
Let the sunshine in!

Julia Roberts laugh is so drawing and makes me so happy! She is the most beautiful woman in the world to me and a fabulous actress. Sunshine!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2002, 10:13 PM   #24
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Kevin Spacey...oh yeah! Johnny Depp and (now don't laugh) Leonardo DiCaprio are fascinating. Leo in "Celebrity" and "Gilbert Grape".... incredible. Love Edward Norton as well. On the comedy side...Ben Stiller!

When I was a kid, I wanted to BE Doris Day. Never missed a movie of hers! Let's see.....Sally Field ya gotta love, Susan Sarandon, Meg Ryan, and DIANE KEATON...oh yeah! WOW those are all so "wholesome". I need a bad girl for my list...Angelina Jolie...Kathy Bates...and OMG...Wynona Ryder!
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2002, 12:04 AM   #25
Terri

Kathy Bates yeah - And just where do you think you're going Mr Man?
Old April 21st, 2002, 10:28 AM   #26
Sunshine
Let the sunshine in!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cod

...........When I was a kid, I wanted to BE Doris Day. Never missed a movie of hers! Let's see.....Sally Field ya gotta love, Susan Sarandon, Meg Ryan, and DIANE KEATON...oh yeah! WOW those are all so "wholesome". I need a bad girl for my list...Angelina Jolie...Kathy Bates...and OMG...Wynona Ryder! [/b]
Cod, I agree that Meg is great! I think her look is so unique! Doris Day huh? You ever see a Doris Day costume for Halloween? Sunshine!
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2002, 10:33 AM   #27
Terri

Ben Stiller YES!!! How can you not be gifted with two talented parents like he has (you can catch his dad in John Water's Hairspray also). I'm waiting to put Ben Affleck on my list....he has a way to go yet. Rob Lowe, he is so cute on West Wing.
Old April 21st, 2002, 11:18 AM   #28
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Sunshine, I don't think I've EVER seen a Doris Day Halloween costume. HAVE YOU? Let's see, ET, GI Joe, Dracula, Frankenstein....but no Doris! <g>

Terri, did you see Ben in "Meet the Parents"? Man, I cringed for the poor guy. <g> How about "Zoolander"? Personally, if it wasn't Ben, I'd have not finished watching that one. Eek.
Old April 21st, 2002, 03:06 PM   #29
Terri

COD - Yes I did see Meet The Parents...more than once. That is one that my family loves to watch over again together. What a hoot!! I missed Zoolander, that is on my rent on a rainy day list and living in Florida through this drought...wellllll it may be awhile before I get it.
Old April 21st, 2002, 03:25 PM   #30
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

Hey, I kinda miss the drought. I'm back to living in the RAINFOREST! Today I'm addicted to HGTV.

Just ask me how to rip out old kitchen cabinets, what Martha thinks are the best gardening books available, how to convert a deck of stained plastic furniture into an exotic oasis.

So I guess my favorite actor today is.....Norm! <g>