Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Reading & Writing

Old August 17th, 2001, 03:14 AM   #16
LondonLee

<font size"4"> <font color=plum> Hmmmmm...it is dark in here penny - oh well that is okay nobody will see me taking a few more cookies now!!!! rofl rofl rofl
LondonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2001, 03:20 PM   #17
pennylynne

This is a story that my history professor told us one day in class. He said that many years ago, maybe in the 1940s, if I remember correctly, there was a couple who owned a farm. The husband had gone to the barn to feed the animals and the wife was in the kitchen making breakfast. The wife heard a noise coming from the bedroom. It sounded like a moaning. She wasnt sure if the noise was coming from an animal or what, but she did know that they didnt have any inside pets.
She went to the barn and told her husband, and he came to the house to see about it. They went into the kitchen, where once again, they heard the moaning noise.
They followed the noise to their bedroom where they found not an animal, but a very badly burned woman in their bed. She was under the covers, and in obvious immense pain.
The husband got the burned woman to the doctor as quickly as he could.
Now, the couple have no idea how the woman got to their house, and better yet, they dont know how she got into their house without the wife seeing her.
The burned lady died a few days later as a result of her injuries. The police officials learned later, that a country church, approximately 10-12 miles from the couple's home. To this day, this is an unsolved mystery.
This is also a true story. It can researched by microfiche at our local library.

Hope you like this one....spooky huh?
pennylynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2001, 03:50 PM   #18
LondonLee

<font color = purple> Oh yes, penny, a spooky one for sure!!! Thanks for the story - will check back again soon!!
Old September 21st, 2001, 02:17 PM   #19
antiana

{{{{{ MistyWOW }}}}}

{{{{{ Penny }}}}}

{{{{{ London }}}}}

/me leaves plate of ghostie shaped sugar cookies with frosting.

True story... short one.

You know how the hair on the back of your neck can begin to prickle and you get this cold feeling. And all of a sudden it seems like your hearing goes and you are listening to your own heart beat. And a rush of goose bumps goes rushing all over your body. Acccckkk just scared myself... lol

Ok story. Little one..
Daughter was working at delivering pizza's in our little town of 15,000. At one intersection there is a store front of an old Mom and Pop grocery store. The glass is old and wavy.
She had pulled to a stop at the light and reached over to change radio. She looked over at the same time to the store front to see the reflection of her car... was late afternoon.
She was looking to see how nice and clean her car looked after cleaning it that morning.

What she saw was this...
Her car very plainly and herself...... and....

a tall in full dress native Indian woman standing beside the car. As she was taking this in and letting it register in her brain... she felt someone firmly grasp her shoulder.
She panicked and hit the gas and shot thru the intersection... thank goodness for no traffic.

Now she came right home to tell me and showed me the hand print on her shoulder. And it was there a right handed print on her left shoulder. I said you did that yourself. Yeah right she said.... " Mom I can't reach around the back of my neck and grab my own shoulder." And the hand print was of a long thin hand. Not her little hand.

During the next few weeks she would go back to see if anything else would appear... and it did. A wolf standing by the woman. And the last image she saw and none since was an Indian warrior on a horse with a wolf beside them.
She and I have talked about this over the years and feel it was a message to her but we are not sure what. Maybe they just don't want to be forgotten. OR it was her spirit guide. Which is likely... my daughter has had many experiences with seeing.

lol short story...

/me leaves a beautiful dream catcher in the east window for all the bad dreams to be dissolved by the wonderful morning light.

/me leaves a guard
Old September 21st, 2001, 02:35 PM   #20
LondonLee

<font color = blue> Thanks for sharing that story with us antiana!! I don't know if I would go back to that corner again though!!!!

LondonLee leaves with a few of the cookies antiana left!! Yum....
Old September 28th, 2001, 03:26 PM   #21
MistyWOW
WOW Host

WOW antiana that gave me the chills. I love anything that is native. I do know the native spirits are here to guide but I have no idea what that would mean for your daughter. Thanks for sharing that story. I can't wait for more
MistyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:38 PM   #22
pennylynne

((((Anti)))) I loved your story. I do believe that would have freaked me out though lolol. What a cool story.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:46 PM   #23
pennylynne

Bachelors Grove Cemetary

In a Chicago suburb, a dirt path can be seen from the road, but the path goes to a chain link fence, with a huge chain stretched across its gate. A big gaping hole has been torn at the mail gate.
A pile of trash sits just inside the gate--showing that something isnt right here. This cemetary has been desecrated and abused.
Founded in 1864, it was named for the many unmarried men in the area. It was used as a dumping ground for victims of gangsters during the 1920's. A stagnant pond lies within the grounds.
It's been vandalized for years and only one marker remains standing. There has been no burials here since the mid 80's.
Reports say there is an old Victorian home near the grounds, but whenever anybody gets near it,it disappears. And if anybody does get in, they dont come out.
Ghosts have been seen near the pond, including a farmer and his horse. The farmer drowned in the pond after his horse bolted.
A ghost,locals call Mrs. Rogers, dressed in all white has been seen searching something, maybe her baby.
A psychic was staying the night in the cemetary one night ghost hunting and he wasnt disappointed.
He saw a man dressed in a yellow suit stand before him, then disappear. Afterwards, red streaks filled the air and a tree shook violently.

Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:53 PM   #24
pennylynne

Railroad Tunnel
There is an old railroad tunnel in eastern Kentucky that is said to haunted by the ghost of a worker who was killed there. When the rails were first being laid, a tunnel had to be dug through a mountain. While the work was going on, a worker was sawing a board on a high scaffolding. He was constructing a frame that would be used to pour the concrete for the tunnel supports. Below him, more concrete was being poured into a deep trench where the actual rail lines would rest. It would provide a solid support for the steel rails.
Suddenly the worker lost his footing and fell into the loose mixture below him. His friends and co-workers tried to rescue him, but he was quickly lost in the deep trench as the concrete hardened around him.
As the years passed, on nights of the full moon, like tonight, it is said the screams of this worker can be heard echoing from inside the tunnel. Some even claim to see a saw protruding from the concrete rail bed...only to see it vanish before their eyes.
The Kentucky River lies near the tunnel and fishermen claim to hear sawing and then a long,terrifying scream coming from inside the passageway.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 05:01 PM   #25
LondonLee

<font color = red> Thanks for the stories pennylynne!! Hmmm...think I will stay out of railroad tunnels from now on!!! Unless Misty goes with me!!

LondonLee leaves room waving bye.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 05:02 PM   #26
pennylynne

The Window

On a home in central Kentucky, the shutters are destined never to open on the front, right window.
The story goes that a bride and groom were given the house as a wedding gift. The groom was called away to the Civil War and the bride told him she would never leave the windown until his return.
Upon his return, the groom was told his bride had become ill and died in her sleep. He immediately went into the room where his wife had been waiting and closed the shutters. He too died shortly after of a broken heart.
The intersection where this house sits is also supposedly the site of very bad accidents...reportedly from ghost sightings.
A side note...
Only a few things are known about the house. In that same room where the bride died, years later a child died and it became haunted. When the room is opened up or being used strange things happen, you can hear a child crying, a chair rocking, etc. When the room is closed, the sounds stop.
A little girl is supposed to have hung herself in this room, in front of the window. If the window is open, youre supposed to see the girl's image hanging from a rope.
The reason the shutters are closed,is because the state of KY made them shut it, from the many accidents happening because of people seeing the girl's image.
Old October 2nd, 2001, 05:06 PM   #27
LondonLee

<font color = blue> Oh wow, penny, the story The Window is rather sad!!! Does anybody live in that house now? Rather spooky!!!
Old October 3rd, 2001, 04:20 AM   #28
MistyWOW
WOW Host

Great stories pennylynne, thanks again so much for sharing them with everyone.

London I am not going anywhere near KY and Im not looking out any dark windows lol /me pushes antiana to go first.

((( antiana London penny )))
MistyWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2001, 07:48 PM   #29
pennylynne

The Doppelganger and the Seance

A doppelganger is a persons spiritual double. Some say its an aura, others say its the image you see looking back at you from the mirror. As long as the doppelganger is in the mirror, the person is safe, but once outside the mirror, the appearance always predicts death...always.
Catherine the Great of Russia once saw her doppelganger walking toward her. She ordered her soldiers to shoot it, but of course,nothing happened. It scared her so badly. Within hours, Catherine was dead.
There was once a medium living in Memphis TN who was very busy summoning up the dead. She would be called to the home of a rich person, only they could afford her services, and she would hold seances. They would sit around a table, in the dark, hold hands and she would go into a trance. Eerie noises would come out of the dark, objects would move without anybody touching them.
Nobody could prove her to be a fake, though many tried. If she ever did use trickery, she was very good at it. One man, however, was determined to expose her.
Even though he had many rich friends in Memphis and attended many of her seances, he culdnt find a flaw in her.
The medium knew what the man was up to, but she put up with him anyway.
One night, there were about a half dozen people at one of her seances, including this man. A family had just lost a son to a tragic accident an they were trying to find some missing stocks and bonds.
During the seance the medium outdid herself. Not only were there rappings and tappings, but the room became cold and the son appeared.
The people were in awe. The son floated around the room answering questions from family through the medium.
When the ghost told the family where the bonds were, sombody went and got them. Even the man was impressed that night.
The medium said, I suppose sir you are finally convinced of my power. Now will you leave me alone? The man said, yes youve more than convinced me. There is no way you could have known where those papers were. And I have never seen a medium produce 2 ghosts before.
Two ghosts? What 2? The man said, one was the son, the other was...YOU. This scared the medium so badly she ran from the house screaming. When she went into the street, she didnt see a car speeding around the corner. A second later, her dead, broken body was lieing on the pavement.
Old October 9th, 2001, 08:07 PM   #30
pennylynne

When I read this story, it kinda gave me the willies. I have been to this theatre before, I just didnt know it was haunted. I will do my best to remember the story.

Little Mary

In Memphis TN there is a theatre called the Orpheum. Indy and I went there in March to see the Phantom of the Opera. Since this is a play about a ghost, if I had come in contact with Mary, I wouldnt have known the difference. I probably would have thought that it was part of the play lol.
The Orpheum as a very colorful background. It has been used as a movie theatre, for vaudeville, and now for fine arts. Many years ago, a little girl named Mary had been playing in the street outside the theatre. Some think she may have gotten run over by a trolley and gone inside the theatre for safety and security. Well, however Mary died she now haunts the theatre.
Her favorite seat is C-5 and some will tell you that when they sit in that seat, they will get a cold chill for no reason. Others will tell that they hear little feet scuffeling up the aisles.
One night a custodian was picking up a piece of paper a vacuum cleaner missed. He was bent over and looking between his legs, when he saw an extra pair of legs. Those of a small girl. When he straightened up and turned around, the legs were gone. But he saw that the girl was wearing a white dress with the hem at about her ankles.
Mary had never tried to do any harm to anybody at the theatre. It is said that there are several other ghosts in this theatre, but Mary is by far the most active of them all.