Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Religion & Spirituality

Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM   #1
zarus

Do you believe in God ?

Do you believe in God. Do you believe that He created you in His image. And do you believe that you will see Him someday. Thanks for your answers.
zarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:03 PM   #2
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

zarus, for quite a while now I've considered myself as a Godian. I don't think of God as a "He" or "She". God created both. God is the ultimate "IT". I pray every night to this Entity. I don't know that I'll ever be able to meet God, but what I try to do every day is smile and treat people nicely.
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Anneli

Hello zarus!

Yes I believe in God (Father, Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit). Yes I believe He created me in His image. And I believe that I will see Him face to face in heaven after this bodily life here.
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #4
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Tis not a matter of what we believe but what your own choices is. It says in the Bible My Father house has many mansions. Thus I believe that the Creator knows what he is doing. I am mixed heritage and thus many several things that make my faith in my Creator. Yet each of us are in church per se and we all have our pews to sit in. Thus who is to say what religion is right or wrong. Not I for that is the Creator's job. He in his infinite wisdom has decided things as they will go. Its for us to choose according to our Free Will and what results we do by what we did or said. Hence Life is a journey and I believe that it will make us all stronger by what we learn and pass on. Mainly Love to all.
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:55 PM   #5
IRISH_EYES_99

Yes, I believe in God. I also believe that others may call on Allah, Mohammed, Creator, or even another version of a diety. Some people don't have a preferance or a belief. The thing is that we all have the freedom to choose what we believe in or choose not to believe at all.

I do believe we should thank all Veterans today & everyday for the right to decide for ourselves what we believe in. May each & every Veteran & their families be Blessed with good things in their lives. God Bless Each & Everyone of them.
Old November 11th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #6
Anneli

Yes it matters what a person believes.

The Bible says that everybody is a sinner (Romans 3:23) and no matter how nicely you try to live, you cannot clean yourself and make yourself ready for heaven.

That is why Jesus Christ came to earth as a man, lived here and didnīt sin (not even once), suffered and let himself to be killed for us, died, went to hell, rose from the dead on third day and went to heaven as a forerunner. So He made it possible for us to get saved to heaven too. Without His sacrifice every human being in all times would be lost and doomed to hell for ever after his/her death.

But now those persons, who from their hearts confess their sins, decide to believe that Jesus suffered the penalty on their behalf, and give their life to Jesus Christ, will be born again. That is: Jesus will make their spirit alive and the Holy Spirit will come and live in them. And if they follow Jesus the rest of their life, they will after their death live with God in heaven for ever.

So you have to become a new creature (2 Cr 5:17), if you want to get to heaven. Jesus is the only way to heaven (John 14:6).
Anneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #7
IRISH_EYES_99

The Bible also says: Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged. Therefore I choose NOT to Judge those who have their own belief. We do not live in anyone else's shoes, we do not what goes on in their lives, we can not judge. The only one who can judge is God . I wish everyone the very best. ...
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #8
IRISH_EYES_99

One other thing : The Greatest Commandent is to Love one another as I have loved you. ... If we are judging we are not loving. in my ever so humble opinion.
Old November 12th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #9
sistergirl

One thing I never understood and no one can explain it away for me, is how can a new born child be a sinner? They are angels until well, sometimes society gets to them. I believe in God, but I cannot be convinced that precious tiny brand new babies are sinners. Just my humble opinion.
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #10
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

I am a Native American Christian. In Gensis chapter one it tells what God did. He Created. Thus I call him Creator. The first original sin was committed by Adam and Eve and thus anyone born in born of that sin is born in sin. Yet good parents like some I am blessed to know make the difference. Yet who is to judge? Not I. I live to love others so that I know what love is. I can love a person but not the sin they do. Hence Love is so wonderful. Hugs
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Hi girls. As I've said before . . . I'm a Godian. And, as a Godian I believe that God created all of us, no matter what religion. I just think that God would like for us to treat everyone nicely.
Old November 12th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #12
sistergirl

I agree Jen, it's called the "Golden Rule" and I try my best to live by it. Getting back to the angels at birth. I cannot buy that because of something Adam and Eve did should be put on an innocent child. I believe in God and some of the rest I am not so sure about.
sistergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #13
IRISH_EYES_99

My belief is God is a God of Love & Mercy ... not God of Hell & Damnation. Growing up I was taught about Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, & Limbo. If a baby died without being Baptised that child went to Limbo never to see God's Face. Purgatory was a place you went to before going to Heaven .. it was to atone for your sins. Hell is where you went because you committed a henious crime against man & God * you had/ have no remorse for.
Now I truely believe that all babies go directly to Heaven, Babies that pass during pregnancy, delivery, shortly after that... The Bible also teaches that in order to get to Heaven we need to be child like. We are all God's children it's the man made rules that continue to change as time goes on. His rules the 10 Commandments remain the same. ... Again it is not up to us to decide who goes to Heaven or takes another step, I do believe all children go to Heaven, I also believe that those who suffer on earth go directly to Heaven ( Cancer & all other dibilitating deseases ). Babies / Children God always has a soft spot in His Heart for. "Let the children come unto Me".
Old November 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #14
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Simply put I agree with the Last 3 posts. Hugs
Old November 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #15
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Sis, Irish, and Wolfie . . . I think that we're all Godians. Good input, girls!