Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Religion & Spirituality

Old January 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Elusive Unicorn

What are your beliefs?

What are your beliefs? I realy would like to know. My mom didn't raise me to discriminate people. So race, religion what ever it doesn't matter to me. I've always gone by what someone says and does. The way I see it how can I say someone is wrong about their beliefs if I don't have all the awnsers. No sorry. Noone made me a goddess yet. I do beleave that their is a god among other things. I do not think he cares where you worship him/her. Not sure what gender god is. God never told me. I just talk to god. I've learned that God is not a genie, no instant wish granting. I think god hears us when we talk to god. I also think that there is so much more out then I will ever know. Your beliefs are your own. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong. How can you know the absolute truth if you are not dead yet? So tell me what do you beleave in? I will not judge.I am just curious.
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #2
iampat

I am a Christian. I originally became a Christian and followed the beliefs of Christianity due to my parents attending a Baptist church when I was a child. However, as I went off to college, I quit going. I ended up getting married before going back to the church. Some would say this was not so good. But we found our own church (in our new town) and have been following their beliefs ever since that time. Going with my husband has been one of the best things for me, since we're able to worship together and have similar beliefs. I can now say that I am a Christian on my own accord and am proud of it.
iampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Elusive Unicorn

Thats cool that you and your hubby have the same beliefs. My kids go to church with a friend of mine. They love going there. Its good for them. I don't go with them due to my own belief that God is everywhere. I can talk to God at home just fine. God made the planet. So in my view the planet is a temple. Boy sometimes I think we are trashing the temple.Kind of like a teenager whoes parents are not home. Its good that you found a nice church. My mom says sometimes its hard to find one that is right. She is a Baptist. I have been to a few differnt kinds of churchs growing up. Most of the time I went alone. Cause some were not Baptist. So it kind of opened my mind to the way different people worship.
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM   #4
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

I'm totally with you, Uni. I'm a Spiritualist, and believe that God exists within each of us. I call God "IT" because I believe that God is the Entity that created male and female.
God is so far above us! I pray each night and request that God, if it's IT's will, looks out for me, my friends, and my family. But I end my prayer by saying that I'd like to continue to smile and be nice to people. I consider myself to be a "Godian"
Jennifer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #5
Elusive Unicorn

That a neat way of looking at things Jennifer. I don't know what I consider myself. I guess just opened minded. I beleve in alot of things. Sorry but for some reason I just can't bring myself to call God an it. To me God is just God. Never met God so I do not know. Hey I just talk to God. I wonder what I would do if God realy talked back to me???

/me watchs as hubby has me taken to loonben for hear real voices that are not there.
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #6
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Uni, when I pray, I say "Hey God", and go from there. I only refer to God as an "IT" because God is above male and female, and other than male or female, what would you call God? LOL. God. I'm glad you're my friend.
Old January 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #7
Elusive Unicorn

<---- wonders if crazy people with cellphones try to text their God?

Glad we are friends too.
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #8
moniker

I was raised Pentecostal Christian. You know the arm-raising-during-worship, super church people? That's what we were. My family still is, but I...I think I was always meant to diverge. Even as a young girl I asked my mother questions about other religions, pointing out how they were similar to Christianity and asking mom whey those people were so bad and going to hell if our beliefs were so close. She had answers, some good and some unsatisfactory, but all that changed after my disability. God became so big and so real to me one day, out of the literal blue, and I was so in awe I fell to my knees...literally! I thanked God for that.

Ever since, I felt a different connection. God...I refer to God in different ways depending on who I am talking with. I feel God is a "they" because that seems to be the common theme...even in Genesis. I do unto others as I would unto myself, I believe in love above all things.

As a child, I was always haunted by the spiritual and have gifts, like being able to heal a physical pain or read dreams. I still have these abilities and they are free to anyone wbo needs them. These are gifts bestowed unto me, unto this temporary body. They are not "services" I can charge money for. Since I need to touch you to help relieve pain, I can only offer my gift of dream reading to my forum sisters...just send me a message if you want me to do so.

Everyone told me I was an old soul from the time I was 5 years-old and as an adult I know what this means and see young and old souls around me. I feel I have lived lives in the past, and have done "alpha sleep" to get in touch with it...something that just came to me and apparently is exactly how one attempts to channel a past life. Go figure.
moniker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #9
Elusive Unicorn

moniker thats pretty cool. Like I said before I beleave in a lot of things. My biggest question about religion growing up, was who is right. A big part of me says they are all right. Just not those people who take text out of contents and blow themselves up. That I don't understand. If God wanted us to blowup God would have made us witha self-destruct button. I know God wants us to make sacrifices but I don't think that is what God meant. I am open minded but blowing youself up is beond my scope.
Old February 12th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #10
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

moniker, I created my own religion. For the past 5 years I've been a Godian. I was raised in the Methodist Church, and now most of my friends are Catholic, but I got tired of the hypocrisy of traditional religion. So many wars have been created because of religion, whether it be the Middle East, Northern Ireland, or elsewhere.
So, as a Godian, I have faith in God, and after that everything else is speculation. Maybe Jesus was the son of God (The Bible) or a prophet from God (The Koran). We don't know - so why fight over it.

What I try to do each day is treat people nicely. And each night thank God for giving me that day. There are too many people out there that do bad things and then go to Church thinking that it's OK.

If everyone was a Godian, then there wouldn't be wars. I guess this sounds a little bit like "Imagine" by John Lennon, but I think it's true.
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:09 PM   #11
Elusive Unicorn

If we would just respect each others beliefs then it would not be a problem. Like I said I beleave in a lot of stuff. There are more things in heaven and earth then we will ever know. I try and learn as much as I can and keep an open mind. Yes God does exsit,but I also beleave that God does not handle every little detail. That is what mirco managing is for. So I do not judge others on their beliefs. Hopefuly they will do me the same respect. As I have some pretty wacky ideals, some are well founded and some I just need to have faith in.
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #12
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Uni, I think you're a Godian! That's a compliment by the way.
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:28 PM   #13
Elusive Unicorn

So here is the way I look at things. Even the bible it says God wants to be put first in worship. Now it never says that you can not beleave in something else second, thrid,etc. etc. You see what I mean. I also beleave in some of the old gods. Don't know if they are around anymore but they predated the bible. We are talking hundreds of years before the men who wrote it were even born. Too many things out their that I do not understand. Everyone says we all have to die sometime. Well I plain to live forever or die trying. I was not offended Jennifer. Just remeber that life has many mysterys and a open mind can open many doors that you did not see before.
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:36 AM   #14
Jennifer23
Jennifer23

Uni, you're right. If everyone had an open mind, the world would be so much better! It's just that different religions think that their way is the only way to Heaven. Well, God created all these people that created all these religions. So, how can someone that loves God and is a wonderful person get into Heaven, but someone that loves Allah and is a wonderful person not get into Heaven?

And, when you said the Bible says that God wants to be put first in worship, that's true. That's what the Bible says. But as a Godian, I put the Creator above that. I think the last thing God cares about is people worshiping the Entity. God is way too cool to be that self-centered. I think that God cares more about those here on Earth being good people, and trying to live lives that would make them worthy of Heaven.

And yes, I'm a wierd chick - but, a Godian!
Luvya Uni!
Old December 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #15
Rhiannon61

I was raised in a secular home and didn't go to church. I went on my own spiritual search in my teens and found Paganism. I was a Wiccan for a long time but wasn't happy with it, so I later became a Druid. I've been a Pagan for 30 years now. I'm a polytheist, meaning that I follow many God/desses.
Rhiannon61 is offline   Reply With Quote