Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Forum Information > Meet the WOW Staff!

Old March 29th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #271
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Talking Tea Party

Well, I wanted to invite everyone to a Tea Party. Not sure of the day, but knew I would like it in the daytime maybe around a lunchtime? Let me know what day is good for all of you ok?
Have a great day!
Old April 17th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #272
cookieart
You've got a friend !

Miss ya

Wa told me you weren't well so I am stopping by to tell you I am thinking of you and if there is anything I can do for you to let me know,ok?
Love and hugs..Cooks
Old April 17th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #273
brede
my new motorcycle

Hi, Willow. I hope whatever ails you is improving. I'm curious. You have Native People as your avatar and I'm very interested (always have been) in Native People. My younger brother was adopted in 1960, before they stopped allowing tribal children to be adopted by whites. He is a Lumi indian from the pacific northwest. Gregrr and I have been reading various books on the spirituality of Native people. Are you a member of a tribe/nation?

If I'm being too nosy, just tell me. The mental health counselor in me is quite used to asking nosy questions and I won't be insulted if you decline to answer.
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #274
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Talking Thank you and........

Hi ((((((Brede and brother Gregrr)))))
Yes I have recovered thank you. Also, I am Indian. I am cherokee. I am a member with a local tribe in my state. Yet I am in the midst of learning cherokee online as well as doing research on my ancestry. The latter taking up a lot of time. I am learning patience as well.

During the spring summer and fall in my state I attend as many Pow Wow's. Where I meet up with friends and family members.

As far as the spiritual nature of myself.....that is a multi-complexed part. Its intergrated all that I have learned from the time of understanding religion as well as understand that sometimes there is other avenues I finally have realized makes perfect sense to me, not to others though. Yet I strive to have a balance within myself, which at times can be trying. Yet I am honest, and sincere. I love the Creator and his Son, Jesus Christ. Some days I lapse into calling the Creator, God, but that is normal considering I was raised doing that.

Your own spiritual path is something you have to embark on and be open to. Just watch out for the darker side. Understand that at times you might be confused yet trust in the Creator and he'll help you.
Remember each path is unique and the best guide to have is the Creator. *****

I don't believe that you are being too nosey. My father always said "There is never a stupid question only a stupid answer" So if you have to ask a million questions to understand then do so. I hope this helps and please feel free to ask anything.

Unless I feel otherwise, I'll answer your questions, Ok? I hope this answers your questions.

I hope you have a great day.
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:27 PM   #275
brede
my new motorcycle

We had the greatest weekend attending Musical Echoes. It was an Indian flute festival. Gregor attended a flute making workshop and since we are both fine art woodworkers, are looking forward to making flutes as soon as we get the woodshop set up. He will do the flute making and I will do all the carving.

We also made a wonderful new friend that you may have seen at a Pow Wow. He taught the workshop and performed as a dancer. His name is Raymond Redfeather. We have invited him to stay with us during next year's Musical Echoes Festival. We went to the festival for about 6 hours each day. That gives you an indication of how much I enjoyed it as I am still recovering from my latest bout of illness.

We have our own spiritual beliefs as well. I doubt that I could adequately explain them. We also use Creator more often than we use God and we share the same belief in Jesus that you have. We have both made a life long study of seeking the common truth in all religion. We have discovered that the mystical parts of many religions have the same message.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. Several people at the festival were very helpful and recommended several authors.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 12:18 AM   #276
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Talking Wado! Thank you! :)

Wado! Thank you! ((((((((Brede))))))))
Glad that you had a great time at the Festival! I have heard of Raymond Redfeather. Yet never have met him in person. Its' good to see that from exploring your roots that you are going to start a new phase in your lives. I wish you both the best in your endeavors!
As far as you spiritual path that is between the Creator and yourself. Bless others who dont understand!
I am glad you enjoyed yourself. That is what life should be about.
I dont mind answering your questions for it only helps you. Which in itself is a gift. Now remember to pass it on! That is the only thing I ask.
I hope you both have a great day!
Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:54 PM   #277
brede
my new motorcycle

Thanks. Very little research has been done on my ancestry. There are two things that I know for certain. My great uncle on my father's side was born in Germany. From what I understand, the family has two immigrations. One from around the early 1800's (some of them returned to Germany) and then another in the late 1800's.

I am related to Merriweather Lewis from the Lewis and Clark fame (also father's side and in the early 1800's group). It is one of the things that I learned when I finally admitted to my parents that I had an extremely serious form of depression and was often suicidal. It was then that I learned about my Lewis connection. Within a couple years after returning from the expedition, he committed suicide. There has been a suicide in every generation of my family.

Just so you know, I am no longer so tormented by suicidal urges. My spirituality and knowledge of the psych profession has helped greatly.
This is Raymond's Website:
http://www.heartwoodflutes.com/
Old June 10th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #278
amc929

Wink

hi!!! (it took me a while to find your folder...lol)...well, i went to the oklahoma state website and saw the rose stone you were describing last night...very interesting....i couldn't get a bigger picture, but, was that one stone or three?....either way, very cool. have a good weekend...we're on our way to the country for a few days...getting away from the neighbors...lol.
amc929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #279
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Wink Well

If it was the same one I saw........its solitary one rose yet in some of the pics you saw there are more........now you know what I mean.....I hope your weekend will be great.......I just finished my last weekend of Pow Wows for awhile. I hope that you had a great time......Now for anyone who hasnt come into chat lately......things have changed.....I have a unique room just for stargazers Plus as well we are revving up for crafts......I hope those who havent come in do and those who can will..........Chatting is fun healthful and informative plus I love to chat with all of you..........Nothing beats better than razzing aka having fun in a good way with the roomies.....Its also been known that woman being of the talkative state and the emotional one as well need to vent talk and express themselves with others.......so please come in when you can.....you never know how many friends you will end up with
Do have a great day!
Old June 14th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #280
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

{{{ willowWOW }}}
Old June 20th, 2004, 08:40 PM   #281
brede
my new motorcycle

Just saying hi: I've been under the weather for awhile now, but I stop in when I can.
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:28 PM   #282
PoohsBigSister
Long Live WOW!!

((((((((((((((((((WILLOW)))))))))))))))))
Old June 20th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #283
WA114
www.womensweb.ca

{{{ PBS }}} I hope your recovery is going well. I love seeing you here on the boards; please feel more than welcome to send me a private message, if you feel so inclined.

Same goes for you, {{{ brede }}} So sorry you've not been feeling well.
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #284
WillowWOW
Whimisical WOW

Its' vacation time! :)

Hey Ya'll
(((((((WA114))))))))
((((((((PoohsBigSister))))))))
((((((Brede))))))
Its' good to see all of you visiting my folder Now I went to Pow Wow and then picked up my three nephews, one is a great nephew Arrived at home around midnight......Unfortunately today its raining and I have three highly active boys who'd rather be outside...Cant blame them...........I want to be outside too! Well must go and see about creating some activities for them. I am on a mini vacation for a while to spend time with my nephews. Have a great Summer!
Old July 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM   #285
brede
my new motorcycle

That sounds like fun! I love kids, they are so full of life and energy that you just end up being inspired by them. Have you tried the turn the room into a spider web? Or turn the room into the fortress with all your sheets, table cloths and blankets? I remember doing both of those things as a child and with my child. It was great fun!