Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Reading & Writing

Old February 5th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #151
Elusive Unicorn

I have decided to ramble for the next 10 min. A writer must write. Being I will be taking a corse for writing childrens books I must find somewhere to write untill the corse begains. So I will try it here.
They say laugh and the world laughs with you or sometimes at you. I remeber one time I tried not to laugh but just could not help it. My sister was like 3 or 4 at the time. We had just come from do laundry at the laundry mat. Then got icecream. Somehow the icecream cone that she had ended up on her head. I am not kidding, it realy did. Made me think of something out of a stooges episode. So of corse she started to cry. Well we could not help but laugh at her. Tried to hold it in to help her save face but it was to funny. To say the least if I remeber right we cleaned her up and got another icecream for her.
Gesh my kids just wreacked my train of tought. Oh well I am just rambling so it don't matter.
I can not wait for spring. Winter is just not my season.Too cold and wet. I can not wait for the temp. to hit 70. That would be great. So my time is almost up and if this made you smile,good.
It is a great gift to make someone smile. To spred a little happyness is a good thing to do. Later I got to .
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:00 AM   #152
Elusive Unicorn

Where has the time gone? This is what I think as I look at my son. He will hopefully be starting 7th grade this coming fall. I remeber when he was starting to walk and talk. Now he will be starting middle school. How fast will time fly before he is off to collage or moving to be off on his own? I will miss him so when this comes to past.
He has grown so fast. At least he still allows hugs and kisses. How long before he no longer fells like giving them? I hope never. For they are a rare gift that shows how loving he can be. My boy never went into that stage were it was a bad thing to hug and kiss his mom. I hope that he never does. If it comes to pass it will sadden me.
It makes me happy that we have brought up such a loving child. He has never told me that he hates me. In this I feel lucky and grateful. I hope never to hear those words rom his mouth. Although he did tell my husband that ocne when he was four. After my husband talked to our son about the words that he had said, my husband went into our bedroom and cried. I had to remind him that our son was little and did not mean what he had said. My husband turned to me and said I know but it still hurts that it was said. My son never told his father that he hated him after that.
Now I can see the real teen years coming and can only hope and pray for the best. I know things will change,they always do. I just want to know where the time has gone?
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #153
IRISH_EYES_99

Gosh, it's been a long time since I sat here & just decided to write. Unicorn sounds like you have a great relationship with your son. The teen years are here all I can say is pick your fights wisely. Somethings are more important than others. A little leeway in trusting will help that along. Voice of experience is here.
My kids are all grown up. Now have 4 grandkids 2 of which are teens. In fact Olive will be in the 7th grade at the same time as your son. Can't imagine it. Can still picture her mom, her aunt, & uncle when they were in the seventh grade. Holy moly it's eons ago. They just keep getting older, papa & I just keep getting better. Believe believe we believe
Hope all is going well with you & yours. Funny how life just goes along with it's twists & turns & no looking back. Hurry up keep in step. Don't want to miss a moment of it.
Rambles ....
*We go to the dr's get there on time, so we can sit & wait! Hurry hurry to screech on the brakes. Better have a good book it will be awhile.
*Rush to get in line for the premier of Harry Potter . The line goes around the block. Stand there for a few hrs. Lo & behold the people that show up at the last minute get into the movie at the same time. That's right they open up a new theatre. Now it's 10 shows at midnight.
* Sister sends me the new JD Robb book. It arrives the day I finished reading the one that I bought. Yes the very same. Called her told her. Then offered to send her the new Maeve Binchy book ... You guessed it. She has that one. Ahhhh well we tried.
* Have a super dynamite day, week, yr, & lifetime. *
Old September 27th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #154
Elusive Unicorn

Sometimes I wonder if people ever think before they act or speek.They hurt others with words and actions and then wonder why others are upset or angery at them. If they would just take the time to think about what they are doing they might get diffrent results.
Why do some people think that they sould get everthing at the moment they ask for it? Is what another person not as important as they are? I have notcied that these same people pout if they don't get their way. It's very annoying.
Do not get me wrong there are good people out there too. People that stick by you. People that when you cry they grab the tissuse and cry with you. Then say funny things to you until you laugh. These same people help you clean up when the world crashes down around you. They don't ask for anything in return. They are just there.I call them my true friends, some I have never met, but I am greatful for them just the same.
You realy never know who your true friends are until your life gets messed up. Your true friends do not tell you to get over it, they help you work threw it at your own pace. They are just there no matter what you have to say. They will give you good advice and not get cross with you even if you don't follow it. They will most likely not tell you I tould you so when you tell them they were right.
There are many people here that are true friends. You all know who you are. So thank you for being you.
Sorry for not being in here as much as I should. I will try harder to get in here.
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:38 AM   #155
IRISH_EYES_99

((((((((( Elusive Unicorn )))))))))), Just because it seems like you could use a hug at this point. Even though we have never met in person our friendship is here. Amazing the friends you can make without ever seeing their faces. Never thought I'd get caught up with the internet. Find that I love it. Great way to be in touch with family & friends that you haven't seen or heard from in a long while. Everyone is so busy with real life going on around them, that taking a break and saying hello on line is sometimes the only way of saying " hey hello, I'm thinking about you." Have family members, friends who dispise talking on the phone but enjoy chatting on line. Go figure. lol. Whatever floats their boat & so long as it works it's ok. . Ok that's my rambling for now. Have a super day today & a better one tomorrow.
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #156
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

(((((Elusive IRISH))))) I know the feeling. Sometimes we do get busy with other things in our life. But we eventually make out a time and balance to get reconnected. So no worries. Hugs again
Old February 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #157
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

What is written in my heart

What is going on with my body has a direct link from my heart. So what is written on my heart? The names of those I love held and has passed on. Those who I know and miss everyday. Those who I only know thru the internet and websites. Those who have made me the person I am today. Those who have stabbed me in the back. Those who have treated me badly. Those who are in great pain physically and mentally as well as spiritually. My heart is not whole you see. For things and people have a piece of my heart. Some unknowingly and some who knew but choose to toss it away. Yet no matter what I love them as they are flaws and all. Why do I love my enemies more it seems than my friends or family? For they need love, compassion, understanding and patience more so. Yet that does have a limit in only to protect my self from their type of abuse. SO I do what others have said not to do. I can lay my head down at night and know I did what I felt was right not what Others feel is right. Perhaps they will never see this love I have for them in my heart but alas for me I dont know how to be anything else than that. When this woman with bf and son (she is the one my husband cheated with on me) needed a home, a friend, someone to help her other children and etc. I opened my home, used my resources and knowledge to help and benefit. Not for her per se but her children who deserved to have Mommy. Many said I was wrong but I thought if I was this way, I'd hope my enemy would help me in my hour of need. I apologize for not being or doing what others and etc want me to do and etc. I can only be me. Which I am learning to do and become a better one at that. So now you all know you are in my heart to. Hugs

Written by me yesterday! So please do not copy just leave a comment. Thank you
Old February 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #158
IRISH_EYES_99

Wolf_Angel, We never know what we are going to do in a situation until we do it. Sometimes it's just another lesson waiting to be learned. We've all been guily of that. When we say just because it happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to me! We have all said that & found one way or another we were wrong. using "We" because it's a fact of life for more than one or two. Hopefully a lesson is learned & in time the heart gets mended. We may not always see it but, in most cases what goes around comes back to the slap the person doing it. So move on keep those who you trust & who believe in you near. Saw that you posted you are now working. That is a good step for you. Good luck with it. May you be able to take some more small steps to get to the big picture for yourself. I hope so.
We all go though trials & tribulations in life how we deal with them & let them affect our lives is up to each of us. We can either stand up, brush our bruises away& say tomorrow will be a better day. The alternate choice is to keep the brood going of "why me" or "woe is me"... to me the better of the two is to Stand up, dust yourself off, put on a smile & make sure tomorrow is a better day for yourself. By getting the job and moving forward you're taking a stand. Move forward. Let the past be that the past, look forward to tomorrow, and remember the today is a present. . Wishing you the best.
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #159
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

(((((( IRISH_EYES_99 )))))))) Thank you so much. That is what I am doing is brushing off and moving forward. Tomorrow is always a better day for the most part. Yes glad I am doing something with myself. Until I can get into phlebotomy like I really want too. Yet this works for now. I am keeping those who are true and honest close and the rest I tend to not allow to get to me like before. So thus my choice may anger and upset others but its my choice that I can live with and is best for me. Love the past is the past and look forward to tomorrow yet today is a present. Thank you so much for your friendship, love and honesty. Hugs
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #160
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

Uknown

I am confused, worried, scared.
I doubt my love for him, more often than not.
I feel anger building up inside me.
To the point where I can't look at him.
Lovemaking a thing of the past.
Holding hands, or an "I love you".
Stress has over come me.
Depression rules my live..
Thoughts of leaving it all, house, him, kids...
A darker place that would leave me, regret.
I am confused, worried, scared.....
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #161
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

No worries Dacd we are here for you sweetness. Hugs btw btdt
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #162
DACDjr
Senior Memeber

N/A

Sometimes I feel so out of control of my life. Like it is slowly getting away from me. Not working, bills due.. Robbing Peter to pay Paul while I bribe John to take care of Tim who took care of Matt..

The guilty feeling of feeling like my kids would be better off with another family, one that could provide for them.. Give them the shoes they see in the store or the doggy pillow blanket thing they see on the t.v. Wondering if it would just be best.

The feeling of worthlessness is the hardest. I look into their eyes and all I can say is I am sorry. Tired of crying.. Tired of worrying where the next meal will come from or when the next utility will be cut off.. Depression? Well of course, been to a doctor, nothing helps.. It is something I HAVE TO OVERCOME, the inferiority of myself.. Struggling daily to find myself with no hope I will ever.

My husband tries, Lord knows he does.. But I don't think he realizes he makes it worse at times. By sitting and doing nothing, does he worry? I hope so.. Does it show? Sometimes.. Look for a job, help clean the house, stop bitching all the time.. It is old and does not help the stress...
Do I love him?.... define love....

Wondering if I did things different years ago would I be in the same position I am now.. Tomorrow will bring greater heartache and so will the next day.. Eventually it has to get better... Or does it?
Old March 28th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #163
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((( DACD))))))))), Hang in there. I know it's easy to say those words but, I really don't know what else to tell you. My thoughts & prayers are with you. As far as having the answer to what love is that is decided on an individual basis. When we are faced with a lot of turmoil in our lives it becomes harder to define. Unless the parties work out the differences, and try to overcome the turmoil. In the end of the turmoil your marriage may be stronger or it might need the two of you to try & rebuild what you had. Only the two of you can make that decision. Try & work though all the turmoil now, and think of the rest of it later. Sending lots of good thoughts, wishes, & prayers your way.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:08 AM   #164
Wolf_angel
A survivor of chaos

Dacd sweetie no worries. As you and others well know the crap of my life and etc. All we can do is move onward. Doing our best even when its not sufficient for whatever. It will get better and depression is sitting there waiting to jump in and make things even darker than before. I do know this. So what do I do? I get moving. I clean like a freak when angry or upset. I look for improvements whenever I can. If I make a list and get half done that is half less for me the next time. Is it a permament fix? No but its a start and keeps me motivated til I can accomplish what I want. Now here is something I thought was funny ok?
You know the song Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith? Its a stupid yet funny song. Go to youtube and look up the video. Now once you have seen this here is a good visual for you ok?
Remember Jerry Lewis doing the drunken sailor? Now imagine him holding a red solo cup, singing in a drunken tongue stumbling over the words, Red soolo cup hiccup bump bump I fill yer up LOL Thought of that yesterday when I heard that Toby Keith got Song of the year with that silly song. Hope this helps. For we all need help in one way or another daily. Thank you for helping me when I needed it. So I hope to do the same for you. Hugs
Old April 10th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #165
IRISH_EYES_99

Hmmmmm! Writing for 10 min.. What subject shall I choose. Maybe a smorgsbord

It all begin one night just around supper time. The house wasn't quiet, don't know if it ever was! A baby girl was born. Weighed in at 2 1/2 #s/ The dr arrived just before she was born. It was confusion, a friend was bringing supper into the house as the mother & baby were being ushered out. Baby girl got to stay in the hospital for 6 weeks until she weighed all of 5#s. Feisty you bet. Given an hr to live & still thrives on feisty. The year was well it just was. < giggle> .
Many yrs have passed a lot of big changes along the way.
Roller skates with keys, sneakers were called sneakers not running shoes, TV's were not in homes yet just in someone's dreams. Trolley cars hooked up to wires above the streets were the way to travel. They went backwords & forwards without turning about. Space travel was in the comic books ( which costs 5 cents). Girls wore dresses or skirts & blouses. Pants were what men & boys wore. Imagine that. lol. School was not cancelled because of a snow storm, you walked to & from there. Before hot lunches in the schools you walked home for lunch & then back to school. Amazing how in Heaven's Name did we ever survive. Not every family had a car. Now every family has more than one. They forget how to walk to work, school.. ride everywhere. Books loved reading books.. "Nancy Drew Mysteries", "The Hardy Boy:. " Bobsey Twins" & many more. Now it's a Kindle or a Nook or a Kindle Fire to carry * read. No lugging books. Don't worry about a light to read with they come attached. .. Don't get me started on phones. phones one to a house & usually a 2 or 3 party line. ( no not the party lines of today ) now everyone carries their cell phone or other device to talk with or connect on line. FB, Pogo, What in the world has this world of ours come too. Amazing. Love to tell my grandkids stories. They are shocked/ How did we ever survive without all these devices. Ahhh survive we did, and blessed to see it all. Wonder what will be next/ Any guesses! What do you think? Write about your ideas. Have a super day.