Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > Hobbies and Leisure Activities > Reading & Writing

Old January 12th, 2001, 09:25 PM   #1
AuntieWOW

Do you write? What do you enjoy about writing? Care to share some with us?
AuntieWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2001, 06:19 PM   #2
Idris

I write fae/folktales for the young and young at heart. I write all of my tales through the voice of a tiny fae called the Wee One. I written over 250 tales and three chapter books. I have one published e-book with Bookmice called, "The Missing Teddy Bear."

This is a link to one of my tales that is being published on the web at the moment. It is about fear.

<a href="http://www.seniority.co.uk/content/archive/ents_writing_willowby.html"> Willowby and the Wee One.
Idris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:13 PM   #3
LiamFan!

REPOSTED

creative_scrawl - 12:45 PM August 12th, 2001
Member - posts: 2

I see quite a few topics listed for hobbies, but writing is not among them. Surely we have a few of those? Anybody want to discuss their love of writing?

LOL, writing is my strength because it keeps me going. I love comedy, drama, and mysteries. I don't write mysteries well, but it would be interesting to see what others like to write and perhaps why :-)

Also, I am addicted to TV shows that feature hurricanes, volcanos, tornados (we have them here and I got to watch some form over our heads...what a beautiful site! The only thing is, I was so caught up, I forgot to seek cover. Oops? At least they didn't touch down, LOL) Now where was I? Oh yeah, I also love to watch TLC...there is so much information out there...the more the better.

Come on, fellow writers! Join in on the message boards...what's your favorite topic to write about? Let's get pysched :-)

creative_scrawl
LiamFan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2001, 01:10 AM   #4
bikerxena
Biker and Animal Lover

Hey, creative_scrawl! Lots of us on the boards are writers. I write tech manuals for a living, and have written a few magazine articles here and there. I even sold one to Hot Bike magazine - a piece on the nitrous oxide setup on a Harley Sportster drag bike.<p>
When I write for myself or my friends, I usually tell stories about my (distant or recent) past, because writing about an experience helps me relive it. I have done a lot of crazy things in my life, and writing about them is fun. I also dabble in sci-fi because I enjoy reading sci-fi books and watching sci-fi movies and tv shows, and it comes naturally to me to think about living and working in space. When I'm in the mood, I write poetry, too, though that mood hasn't struck lately.<p>
I am always mentally working on a book or screenplay about my years as a groupie, and another one about my years among the old-school bikers. I've put down a few words about each, but am not all that far along with either. I'm not sure if it's cool to post my website addy here just for grins, but I'll give it a try. The part I would direct you to is <a href="http://members.home.net/bikerdeena1/firstattempt2.html">"Short Stories," </a>linked off the first page, down past the Harley and groupie pix. ;-) GIve a look if you're interested.<p>
Hi {{{{{Les}}}}} (Nice redirect, there. <g>)
Old August 13th, 2001, 12:19 PM   #5
LiamFan!

Why thank ye, ma'am.

{{{biker}}}
Old August 13th, 2001, 07:52 PM   #6
Lou
Idealist

LOL

((((Liam and Biker))))

Hi there, scrawl! Writer here. And guess what? WOW has an ezine--Tapestry. In fact, there is a communal writing project going on in Tapestry right now, called the Rambles Summer Special. The deadline for submission is Aug. 20. Go here to check it all out...

http://www.wowwomen.com/tapestry
Old August 14th, 2001, 11:18 AM   #7
creative_scrawl

Talking

How on earth did I miss such a wonderful folder? I know I can't see well....

Thanks for the redirect! I will be checking out the sites...I can hardly wait to go through all of the folders!!!

For now I have to leave! One must be dressed to face society outside *sigh* Who invented clothing anyway? Hmmm...don't guess I'd look too good in a loin cloth and a breast plate, so on second thought, I'll go put on regular clothes.

Have a great day :-)
K.
Old August 18th, 2001, 03:58 PM   #8
creative_scrawl

((((bikerxena)))

I bookmarked your page. I glanced through it...nice bike
:-)

Scrawl
Old December 29th, 2001, 04:54 PM   #9
Cirocco

Location: I live in the land where men are men and sheep look paranoid.
To Whom it May Concern,

I'm looking for creative science fiction/erotica writers to collaborate on a pay-per-chapter website called TEAMUTZ. This project is a little different than what you're expecting and incorporates adult-themed, smart sci-fi with realistic characters who have interesting and science-based mutations. The site will include a message board, a chatroom, scheduled 'character chats' for user interaction, an RPG, an art gallery with pieces available for private sale, and .gif/animations. If you're interested in the project or know of an artist who would be, please e-mail me at Cirocco2@webtv.net. I'll send character outlines, the story so far, and the artwork that's been completed.

This is not a comic book. The TEAMUTZ story is encapsuled in a graphic novel format supported by artistic, realistic renditions of characters and situations. This is a venture of creative input from everybody involved and all suggestions will be considered seriously. I can actually pay you, but much will depend on how well the site does. Everybody will be involved in sales and advertising.

Thank you for your attention.

*edited by sysop to remove URL reference*
Cirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2002, 04:14 PM   #10
LiamFan!

Is anyone else taking part in <A HREF="http://www.nanowrimo.com">National Novel Writing Month</A>?
Old November 22nd, 2002, 04:57 AM   #11
creative_scrawl

I didn't even know it existed! IMO, that's pretty sad for a writing major. Thanks for the info.
Old January 20th, 2003, 12:07 PM   #12
LiamFan!

I ended up National Novel Writing Month with a little over 53,000 words, so I "won." The novel isn't complete, though, considering I never wrote the climax, so...I'll need to do that sometime soon and work on a redraft.

Looking forward already to next November. It's definitely a way to get into a writing routine!
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #13
mary
SHIMMERINGUNICORN

Cool! WTG LiamFan! I love to write. Neat folder.
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:23 PM   #14
Cod
Hooked on The OC!

DID YA HEAR LIAM, they've declared FEBRUARY National Novel Writing Month II !?

Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2003, 02:14 PM   #15
LiamFan!

Nice try there, friend. LOL

Hi mary!