Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old May 12th, 2003, 04:16 PM   #16
MintyFemme2

Lisa32323 I am glad that ya'll talked and there is love. I think if you 2 want to continue your relationship counseling is a must for both of you. Through counseling your girlfriend can learn to control her anger and you can learn that her getting angry and hitting you is not your fault. I wish you both luck.
Old May 24th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #17
NewYork-TmBoy

(((((((((Ladiessss))))))))))))hi yall
i was just hangin out readin an i have to say hmnn no matter what dont raise your hand to lover for any reason...an someone who does raise there hands to u doesnt love you or respect u or care about themselves...i think u would be better off single...
~NewYork~
Old May 24th, 2003, 06:54 PM   #18
MintyFemme2

((((((((((((( NYTMGIRL))))))))))) Hi sweets .. what nice words LOL. how are thee?? Ny as you know there is more then physical abuse ..ppl also can be emotionaly abusive. I hope all is well in your corner of the wooods
Old November 26th, 2003, 10:56 AM   #19
Doll_2003

Love is not the name of having near the dear one
but sacrifice,compromise and devote toward the will and desire of beloved in all spheres of life.
Jawed
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #20
Sabra

Doesn't matter what gender you are or your lover, if they hit you it's abuse
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 12:37 AM   #21
DakotaRaine

If she loved you, she wouldn't hit you. If she hits you, hit her back...with a restraining order and all the law allows. I've seen too many cases of domestic abuse in my job to take it lightly.
DakotaRaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2004, 11:10 AM   #22
IRISH_EYES_99

One of the hardest things to do is to leave an abusive relationship. Whether it's a parent, lover, or those inbetween.
It takes courage it takes believing in yourself again. NO ONE DESERVES to be ABUSED in any fashion. Doesn't matter whether you are gay, lesbian, or straight. You are a human being. You deserve to be treated without abuse.
Abuse comes in many forms.. Not just physical, but mental, and verbal.
Your feelings are valuable, You are valuable. Remember that.
If you find yourself in a relationship that is abusive, you no longer feel safe, or comfortable in. Get help.

Rembember above all else you are a good person and don't take the abuse.
Abuse is not love, Abuse is not caring, Abuse is showing disregard for you as an individual. You deserve better.

So to each of you I wish you love, caring, and the trust to believe in you.
Old January 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #23
janni2525

Re: If she hits me can she love me?

Quote:
Originally posted by Marie
My new girlfriend has smacked me several times when she caaught me talking with other women. These are always harmless conversations amoungst friends. My girlfriend is VERY jealous but she says she loves me. Any advice?
I will like to say that sometimes people try their best to over power you in some way or another. I defended myself a few times from 2 lovers. In 1984 I was with this female and we were going down the steps from the train station. Well I noticed that she was telling me things in an insulting way and while in the middle of the steps I felt as though my whole world shaked. I came to notice that she had slaped me really hard. I finished going down the steps. As soon as I place foot on solid ground I pulled my hand out and slapped her with all my might. It was enough to slap her head off. I told her never in your life hit me like that again. Ever. She was so surprised. But let me tell you. She never hit me again. In 1986 I met my ex of 13 years. I noticed that one day in her sister's house she slapped me across my head real hard. She never had done this before. I told her in front of her sister. Don't try to abuse me in front of your sister like that. I told her with an attitude. Another time it was at my house and she did something else physically to me again. I grabbed her by her hair and told her. The same way you did that don't feel that I cannot retaliate and return the pain also. She was shocked. I am not a violent person, but in self defense I can become really ugly and induce enough pain that will shock anyone physically. I noticed that my ex always had this attitude like she wanted to fight with me, but I never fed into that. After the hair incident I noticed that she had no competition. She walked out on me in 2000. Once and in 2002 I accepted her again in my life and she walked away after 4 months. I'm still alone today. I noticed that she always wanted me to change my way of dressing. I am Butch and like dressing comfortable with jeans and flannel shirts. She wanted me to be more feminine and I said no. Sorry I am who I am and if she didn't like it that was too bad. So slowly she began withrawing until she never came back. I was with her for 13 years. It was a long time, but I can only count the good times we had. Not many. The rest were overshadowed by humiliations. Never settle for people that are going to harm you physically or mentally. It's not worth it.
janni2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #24
janni2525

About abuse.

It's so true that abuse comes in many ways. Physical, mental. I endured this also in the past from watching my step dad and my uncle beat my mother. I was also beaten by my mom when I wouldn't go and wash the dishes fast enough. I was beaten for any reason. My scalped endured so much hair pulling that I'm surprised that my folicles didn't disapeared. One time my mom hit me with a cable so hard that the cable turned around and got on my face. I was unable to attend school for a whole week. I was hit from behind by her. I caught such an asthma attack instantly that the ambulance had to come and get me. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. I'm asthmatic and that didn't help. I was the one that when my mom was beaten I had to wipe the blood off of her and the floor. It was that severe. I promised myself never again to be in a situation like that. Before my mom died a few days before. She told me to accept her apology for doing all the things she did to me. I accepted her apology and several days later she died in my arms. I have learned alot in this life. The hard way. My brother also sexually abused me. He also asked me for forgiveness on his knees one day at my mom's house. I accepted his forgiveness. I accepted all of their forgiveness because I have been abused and it wasn't even my fault. I am resting in peace because these people have been set free of their guilt forever. I love all of them. They are my family.
Old January 13th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #25
MintyFemme2

janni2525 you have a big heart. I am sorry you had to go through all that you went through. I am glad that you have learned from that experience though. No one deserves to be abused and no one hsa the right to abuse another person. I think the best revenge or form or forgivness a person can do si to break the cycle of abuse. I know for myself personally it is hard at to break that cycle but yet it isn't. I think of how I felt when I was growing up before I discpline my son. My son has never known abuse from me and he will never know it from me. As far as future partners go I will not allow them to abuse me or my son.
Old January 13th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #26
IRISH_EYES_99

(((((((( Minty, and all ))))))))),

Abuse whether by mother, father, lover, spouse, relative, or other is UNEXCEPTABLE.

IF the ABUSE is there it is not out of love for YOU or THEMSELF. It is a CONTROL issue. That CONTROL can land you in the hospital, or worse. That CONTROL can cause you to lose YOUR CONFIDANCE in YOU as a PERSON. It can mark you for life.

Physical, Mental, and any type of abuse can cause irreparable damage.

GET AWAY from that ABUSER.

YOU DON"T DESERVE TO BE HIT, MADE FUN OF, or CALLED DEMEANING NAMES.

Many of us have been in that situation prob more than once. STEP AWAY NOW PLEASE. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!

The Statistics of abuse are staggering.

You can forgive. Forgive doesn't mean you have to forger. Don't forget! Don't allow yourself to be abused.

YOU DESERVE BETTER!

If you find you are blaming yourself, STOP! It's not your fault! It's the Abusers fault. NOT YOUR FAULT!!

I sincerely hope in my heart that anyone that has been abused does their best to break the abuse cycle. You can. Yes YOU CAN!

Stay safe stay being a whole person. Abuse makes you feel less than whole.
Take care of you.
Old January 14th, 2006, 01:08 AM   #27
janni2525

About abuse.

Thanks for all of your feedbacks. I was a bit uncomfortable posting this, but figure well I need to let things out. I have been seeing too many ugly things in my life as a kid to even keep it inside. I think that all of the things that I went through could have made me lose my mind in some way or another. But I just kept praying and always wanted someone to take me away. I guess as a kid you always need someone to take you away from these situations. My escaping place was school. Sometimes I wished that I could have slept there and never come back home. I think that it's always best to get away from abusers all together.
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #28
LesbianfCkk
Kimberly :)

Well just because she hits you doesn't mean she doesn't love you. She probably loves you alot but her temper isn't really good. I mean she has no right to hit you, but then again thats your choice you want to let it go on. But in the first place what do you mean when you say talking to other girls ? Like is it just as friends or like more than friends?
LesbianfCkk is offline   Reply With Quote