Women Online Worldwide  

Go Back   Women Online Worldwide > About Being a Woman > Lesbians Online

Old April 20th, 2003, 03:08 AM   #1
parisinspring

Smile Dating an older woman or interracial dating...

Is anyone dating an older woman... 5 years older or more??? Is anyone in an interracial relationship??? or do both apply to your relationship... Please share your experiences the good and the challenges... Please share!!
parisinspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2003, 10:07 PM   #2
Rainy

I haven't dated older women, I have younger women wanting to date me.....lol. Flattering I guess, but for some reason younger women these days figure us older women are experienced.....or they want a mother image....me, I would date someone older than me, maybe younger, say five years or so.....but i think what the issue really is, if you really fall in love with someone, then age doesnt really matter, its a number...its the loving one another that counts at the end of the day..........
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:09 AM   #3
chana

Well, my partner is 11 years older than me, and we've been together for over 20 years....

Sometimes it's an issue, especially when it comes to our daughter, who's 8-1/2. People are always asking my partner if (or just assuming) she's the grandmother. It doesn't bother her about being grandmother age, after all, she is....but it bothers the hell out of her that folks think she's MY mother...lol.

She is much more concerned than I am about the age thing.....but then, she's much more of a worrier than I am.
I always tell her hey, it's not the age, it's the mileage...
chana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 04:34 PM   #4
huee

i've almost always dated younger women - my last g/f was 10 yrs younger than me, so my friends had a field day giving my lots of ribbing about it! but i recently met someone that i think is very cute, funny, articulate, etc - she's 10 yrs older than me. it's actually given me pause b/c i'm not used to the age diff being the opposite direction - might be good for me tho
Old October 5th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Ebonylotus

Re: Dating an older woman or interracial dating...

Quote:
Originally posted by parisinspring
Is anyone dating an older woman... 5 years older or more??? Is anyone in an interracial relationship??? or do both apply to your relationship... Please share your experiences the good and the challenges... Please share!!
Hi parisinspring. You were asking about experiences with dating an older/ different race partner. I'm in that situation right now. My partner is 24 and I'm 46 so as you can see a large age gap. It isn't a problem for us but members of our families think differently! We love each other dearly but I suspect my lady's family will wear her down and that will be the end for us. hope this little piece tells you a little of the ups and downs
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:59 AM   #6
MintyFemme2

Ebonylotus maybe your lady's family needs a little time to adjust. My family was kinda surprised that I brought home some one 19 years older then me when I was 19 but they soon learned it was ok. I stayed in that relationship for 3 years .. our break up had nothing to do family pressure. I found out years later ( my ex and i are still friends) that my mom made my ex promise that she would look after me forever.
Huee I was with some one younger and yes it does give you a whole different perspective. It was like instead of my family worrying about me my ex's family worried bout him. There was 5 years age difference. I learned that it is better for me to be with some one older and female LOL.
I am know with some one who is 8 years older but is the "baby" of her family. She is a very loving woman and not into "I'm da baby gotta love me" . Boo is actually the one who pampers my son and I. We have been together almost 3 years now. Ya kinda know when a 6 yr old kid say " I don't want you to go home I want you to stay forever " that the relationship is a success LOL. One day we will be living with each other.
In my opion age isn't a big thing in the grand scheme of things. Age only becomes an issue when you let it become one.
I haven't had any long term relationships with some one of a different race then me but I know a couple of women at church who have been together for more then 20 years and their racial difference don't seem to affect their relationship. Matter of fact W.and C. are really great together. When they sing a duet it is so amazing that they compliment each other well.
Old October 20th, 2003, 09:01 PM   #7
RazberrieTart

<font color="crimson"> Well my partner is going on 42 and I am 24 so ya there's an age gap.. But eve nthough I tease her some about it it's never that big of a deal (plus I have this thing for salt and pepper hair and she's got just a smidge of salt so YAY)
It's got it's ups and downs what with her being post menopausal and me as frisky as a rabbit some times........... But it works for us. I wouldn't trade her for anything
Tartie </font>
RazberrieTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2003, 10:33 PM   #8
Harri

The last girlfriend I was with for 8 years was just 7 years older than me. I now find myself at age 50, still feeling 30, looking at women younger than myself. The women my age in this town are to settled to go canoe,bike,hike,ski,etc. I do not think age makes any difference as long as you both enjoy each other and communicate well. A friend told me about Golden Threads and said I might be able to meet someone from on line to share my life with but I am new to this and not sure how to get to the chat rooms. Or I may be on the wrong board now to post this. If I am I would appreciate any help getting to the right place to meet someone and see where it goes. Thank you for your time in reading my post.
Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #9
MintyFemme2

Harri I am not to sure you will find a relationship in our chatrooms but you will find friendship Click on Womens's Chat link abouve and it should give you all the information you need to find our chat rooms. Please read "Chat Guidelines " before enterin one of our chat rooms for the first time so you can get an idea of what to expect and what is to be expected of you.
As for the dating thing I am sure there are other women in their 50's who like to do things you enjoy as well just as there is bound to be a few women in their 30's who are quite happy to stay home and cuddle. I wish you luck in your search for a mate who will have the same interests as you.
Old November 6th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #10
Harri

Minty, Thanks for your help :-))
Harri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #11
MintyFemme2

Harri, Anytime , that's what new friends are for
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:48 PM   #12
missjanny
its all about me.

actually i have only dated women about 7 - 10 years older than me, and i dont think i'd have it any other way. i like the maturity and wisdom of older women and i think thats what draws me to date them.
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:37 AM   #13
pegasus
, a gr8 peer support

well i ended 7 years with someone 11 years younger than I and am entering into one with a wonderful lady that is 12 years older!! We will see!!!
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM   #14
TNTATER

Well, i don't look at the age either my first lover was 12 yrs older than I we were together 13 yrs..then she decided she wanted my best friend who is 23 yrs younger than she,I look at what is in a person's heart not what is on the outside and if you really love that person age has no place..anywho thnx for letting me post and hope to see ya'll soon!
TNTATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2004, 01:39 AM   #15
Dannie
Lifes A Bitch Then U Die

Oh man the age thing lol...I have always found my self dating older woman I dont know what it is that I love about them but I just love being with an older woman...My ex that I just broke up with was 22 years old then me lol She is 44 and I am 22 and we were together for 3 years so yeah lol...Age is not a big thing for me I have never had trouble with it...
Dannie is offline   Reply With Quote